What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Harvest trading post on here noticed they have a Flash for sale..

Well whoever it is must be a real muppet because at that price he's gonna make diddly squat after the costs of transporting it and then LED'ing.

Sorry if that hurts anybody's feelings (I don't actually care, get over it), but it leaves a bit of sour taste for those of us to do real work on pins. Right lads?

You have totally lost me here Pete. What are you talking about? Seriously. I don't get i!

Why would you or anyone else care what other people spend on games? Also, you do realise that most of us buy games to play them, right??? Not to flip them for a quick buck.

I honestly do not understand why Wez buying a RG has left a sour taste in your mouth. Honestly. Not being a dick here. I am genuinely confused! :confused:

And lets also make the point VERY clear, it is NOT Wez who bought the Rollergames off eBay, he has bought Matt Vinces, I know this because it is sat in Martins van sat next to my WPT coming from Matt too and it is on its way to Carls next week! :)

That Rollergames was listed for £650 from Matt.

25 years ago today myself and Brian Cox filled a truck from a operator in Cardiff for £1k. Those were the days. Brian still has the red cab jungle lord and scorpion. Split machines like school teams. You choose one I choose next. I agreed to go second in exchange for a free bunged in jukebox.

Black knight x4
Firepower x3
Gorgar x2
Tri zone x3
Laser ball
Barracora
Flash x2
Haunted house x2
Scorpion
Jungke lord x2 one red one blue
Kiss
Space invaders x2
Silverball mania
Future spa
Zac locomotive
Free jukebox and boxes of parts

you bought 28 pinball machines plus boxes of parts for £1000? jesus. how many games you got in storage these days, i heard you had loads of outbuildings / caravans / sheds in your garden, plus loads of lockups and games stashed all over the country? are you gonna start selling them off to noobs, or are you gonna wait til the 80s titles are all a grand each?

That was then. Job lots didn't come up too often. If you look at old poa magazine youll see in 80s and 90s average 6/7 year old. games sold for 150 to 250. Haunted house xenon etc. This was the going rate until around 2001. If you liked a game in the pub or trade show you just waited til it had done its job . Same as you can still do with fruit machines . Having been clearing machines steadily to raise funds for a place to store ones we want to keep which is 75% . Crippled by lack of space

And ongoing medical problems doesn't help. Sold some project games last week to starter enthusiasts but they need a reasonable practical electronic background as older games nequire patience. Facebookers will notice ive been clearing sheds acquiring arcade signage and centrepiece video games so can work out thing are starting to move. There are not 100s of machines scattered across the UK lol. Apart from my brother house and a shipping container everything crammed into two normal run of the mill semi s and what was once my garden

Perhaps he didn't buy it to make money on, maybe he just really likes Rollergames.

Not sure what you mean as it doesn't bother me. Someone can spend whatever they want on a pin :)

You have totally lost me here Pete. What are you talking about? Seriously. I don't get i!

Why would you or anyone else care what other people spend on games? Also, you do realise that most of us buy games to play them, right??? Not to flip them for a quick buck.

I honestly do not understand why Wez buying a RG has left a sour taste in your mouth. Honestly. Not being a dick here. I am genuinely confused! :confused:

Sorry, my mistake. I got the impression, or thought it was being implied that someone around here was buying any old crap off eBay, shoving LED's in them and then putting them straight back up for sale to make a few quid. That seemed like a bit of sh!tty thing to do. I know there's a couple of people who 'claim' to restore pins on eBay (door bell man springs to mind) so it wouldn't have surprised me if that was the case.

I think Pete has a daily forum moan quota he must fill up ;)

100% truth right there. :D

A key thing as well is few people want projects. They want 90 % working games they can tinker with. Many of my surplus games are hanging around because they were incomplete or were in a bad state when picked up. Many are phils cast offs lol. Others rescued. from operator death rows and even skips

Indeed - I think it's because of the costs of getting a machine from an mpu knackered wreck to a working machine.... A new ramp and a replacement mpu can increase your £300 bargain to a £700 machine easily, before sling plastics and led's/rubbers... You can realistically sink hundreds into a machine without realising it just to get it working - hence why people want working machines, and will pay more for them.....

Sorry, my mistake. I got the impression, or thought it was being implied that someone around here was buying any old crap off eBay, shoving LED's in them and then putting them straight back up for sale to make a few quid. That seemed like a bit of sh!tty thing to do. I know there's a couple of people who 'claim' to restore pins on eBay (door bell man springs to mind) so it wouldn't have surprised me if that was the case.

100% truth right there. :D

The guy being referrered to was a certain "character" on ukpinball, who will post up 10 wanted ads for a pin, telling everyone it's his grail pin that he has always wanted for ever and ever and he must have one asap super urgent.

He'll then own it for maybe a week or 2, put some LED's in it, and then post it back for sale on UKPinball, by re-posting his forsale message over and over again until someone buys it just to stop him from re-spamming his forsale post one more time.

Of course that is an exaggeration, but not that far from the truth :rofl:

Did I forget the bit where he will buy the same game multiple times? :rofl:

Is Wez the same guy that had a nice Shadow?

Or - to put it more correctly - he's had about 7 of them over of the years, with each a tiny bit nicer than the last? ;-)

Does Harvest trading post on here noticed they have a Flash for sale..

He doesn't post or follow pinball info, I asked him a while back when he was selling an F14 tomcat.
His machines he advertises are creeping up and up in price.
I feel the Flash is at least £500 over priced.

Earthshaker .......

Travelled two hours to each way. Which to be honest was a waste of my time. This is a rough garage player and more like a 600 game in my opinion.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EARTHSHAK...192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aeaf4e268

I just saw the playfield, played a game and left.

Backglass looks good, though I did not look behind it

Main flippers nice and snappy, but I did not get to experience much else. I just wanted to return home

Cabinet is fooked. Many folk would decal this game. The right side shows signs of many years in a cold, damp place. It is not scratched, it is the grain in the plywood lifting over time. With decals, the cab looks salvageable

But the playfield. Ball swirl and much worse, actual cracking through the paint at the player's end of the table

Main and right ramp have big chunks out of them, so again, many folk on here would buy new ramps

Explains why no photo of right side of cab. Noticed that ball swirl.....

Bad show to drive all that way for a poorly described game.

Emailed him and spoke before I travelled. So I knew the two ramps needed replacing. But the playfield was much worse than I was expecting.

Plenty of space in this guy's garage to photograph round this game.

There is nothing wrong with it as a garage player at all. But it sure as hell ain't a 1100 game

Last edited:
Thanks to DRD for posting the info though. At least it saves someone else on here making a similar journey without realising that a fellow member has already been to inspect and assess it :)

after losing money on my last couple of sales, i'm having a go at selling on the bay just for a bit of variety with my next two. i think the market is kinda saturated at the minute and has topped out a few months ago from recent overinflation. i mean i'm sure that not even a year ago there were absolutely loads of DMD games around for well under a grand, but nowadays that seems to have almost dried up apart from DE titles. even those, that were always lower than BWS, have apparently jumped too high, so hopefully they are dropping back again. supply can't have increased, so it must be that demand has, but not by as much as the numbers tried to suggest.

the only source i know of actual numbers is pinpedia, but those numbers are also not to be trusted because they don't prove a game actually changed hands rather than just being artificially shilled .... plus of course they usually don't inform on condition unless you go digging further, if available.

gif black n white suspicious.gif

so i listed at 99p with no reserve, starting on a Sunday evening and including pics and links to youtube video. maybe i reduced my price because i tried to focus on the faults rather than on the shine, in the name of transparency, but i don't mind that so much. what i do want to do is maximise my potential though

to those of you who sometimes sell pins on ebay - how many watchers do you usually get? and what tips can you share for getting the best seller outcome (a high price and no trouble)?

after losing money on my last couple of sales, i'm having a go at selling on the bay just for a bit of variety with my next two. i think the market is kinda saturated at the minute and has topped out a few months ago from recent overinflation. i mean i'm sure that not even a year ago there were absolutely loads of DMD games around for well under a grand, but nowadays that seems to have almost dried up apart from DE titles. even those, that were always lower than BWS, have apparently jumped too high, so hopefully they are dropping back again. supply can't have increased, so it must be that demand has, but not by as much as the numbers tried to suggest.

the only source i know of actual numbers is pinpedia, but those numbers are also not to be trusted because they don't prove a game actually changed hands rather than just being artificially shilled .... plus of course they usually don't inform on condition unless you go digging further, if available.

View attachment 17124

so i listed at 99p with no reserve, starting on a Sunday evening and including pics and links to youtube video. maybe i reduced my price because i tried to focus on the faults rather than on the shine, in the name of transparency, but i don't mind that so much. what i do want to do is maximise my potential though

to those of you who sometimes sell pins on ebay - how many watchers do you usually get? and what tips can you share for getting the best seller outcome (a high price and no trouble)?
Read your advert last night in bed and was chuckling to the point I got an elbow off the missus! You definitely disclose everything wrong which is good and fair but probably not the best sales tactic, maybe just simplify to a list of pros and cons, but looking at where the bidding has got to you must be doing something right!

i had 110 watchers for Twister that ended at 7.30 last night at £910, but ended up with a price that was over a hundred less than i paid for the bloody thing. oh well, i can take that on the chin as i knew i'd overpaid, but i hafta admit that i'd been surprised quite how many people were watching it, and i was hoping for a couple of them to get overexcited / drunk and to compete with each other and tip the price up.

and i still have to pay the ebay listing fees of course. what is that now, 10%?

The fees kill. Forces sellers to over price which knocks onto to newbies \ one off sellers who see asking prices of other games to value theirs. High buy it now with phone number in listing fishing for cash offers is almost encourage by eBay with its high fees and ludicrous selling limits. EBay best for parts that need a global market or games that are either very highly desirable to new buyers eg Addams family or are games which leave pinheads cold but have good themes like star wars trilogy. Most watchers ever on a machine was a Kiss with 500 followed by a Harley Davidson with 300 .

I'm surprised more people don't use gumtree to sell. I keep an eye on it everyday in case something good comes up. Judge Dredd for £300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom