What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
It helps to have owned one... ;) Battery is located at the top of the board - you can see the white place battery here outline and has one end of the dangling white wire connected to it. So the battery leaked and affected all the components underneath it. Whilst you can't see any on the legs of the big white chip there will be plenty hiding in the socket for that white chip. Then under there for the rest of the board you can see green legs on the chips plus a few other places look very green. :rolleyes: Like the bottom right through hole connection on the earthing plane about where the number 5 ought to be (look at the numbering across the bottom of the board).
cheers Peter for that, you certainly have a good eye. i suppose now you mention it, i can see green on the legs of a few chips myself now.
$_57.jpg

cheers Peter for that, you certainly have a good eye. i suppose now you mention it, i can see green on the legs of a few chips myself now.

And that's just what you can see from the photo, never mind all the muck under the chip holders for the white chip and the one above it...

Barracora £500. Seems OK. A good chance after a quick fix will be back on eBay at £995
Sort of game I'd hope to get as a swap down the line. Maybe for the surplus pharoah

Hi guys you know the getaway on eBay. The power driver board flipper power output plug isn't plugged into anything. It looks like it's the wrong board, yet he says it's fully working, is there an alteration you can make to let it run on the later board or is this just a stock photo or something? I'm just interested as I'm doing a getaway up at the moment and the only spare boards I have are the ones that don't have the relay attached.
Cheers lads, Tim

Hi guys you know the getaway on eBay. The power driver board flipper power output plug isn't plugged into anything. It looks like it's the wrong board, yet he says it's fully working, is there an alteration you can make to let it run on the later board or is this just a stock photo or something? I'm just interested as I'm doing a getaway up at the moment and the only spare boards I have are the ones that don't have the relay attached.
Cheers lads, Tim

Hi, Tim

I've not seen the fleabay listing, but Getaway was Williams first game with the Fliptronic II solid-state flipper control (Addams used the original Fliptronic). AFAIR, the flipper section of the large Power/Driver board is redundant from Getaway onwards, though original Getaway boards still had the relay, lane change resistors, opto chips, etc, fitted. In fact, the ones I maintained even had spare high-current wiring appearing near the flipper buttons, for the 'conventional' system's tungsten contact switches.

Thanks for the reply jay, mine still has the tungsten contacts for the flippers, does that mean I have an earlier model and do need a relay?

Cheers, Tim

No, I think the Fliptronic II board copes with everything, though I remember that where there was a relay fitted, it did actually operate. Maybe Williams envisaged ops wanting to back-date the game with the older type, like MG owners replacing the rubber bumpers on post-'74 MGB's.

Has the machine actually got the heavy-duty tungsten contacts on the flipper buttons?. Original equipment was gold-contact leaf switches, the opto boards didn't appear until later.

One thing I recall about the differences between early & late production is the mains lead; during the run this changed from a continuous lead between filter box & wall plug to using a socket & 'kettle lead'.

image.jpg

I see what you mean now, I have the low power leaf switches but I can see the spare high power plug. So I should be ok using a later board in my machine that is missing the relay?

I also have the fixed lead that can be retracted into the machine for transport

Thanks for you help on this pal

Yes, I'm 90+ percent sure you'll be alright. Fliptronic II has its own bridge rectifier, there's no high-current switching off-board, and the button & EoS switches are 'F' switches linked to the Cpu by the Fliptronic board itself. So I can't really see the absence of those components from the power/driver board having any effect.

Anybody got any experience of dealing with the Italian crew selling pinball machines by the bucket currently on ebay (item 231545652017)
Thanks
Dom

Anybody got any experience of dealing with the Italian crew selling pinball machines by the bucket currently on ebay (item 231545652017)
Thanks
Dom

Oh there's plenty of people doing it, but they won't talk. Not unless you torture them.

That's on my patch, but I'd have concerns about the seller.

Barracora is a very challenging game . and of course it makes all the right sounds. Hope its nothing major to get it going

The meteor on the bay is bring shilled FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom