What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions?.....

It's been used in an arcade, someone has been telling porkies.

However pretty much all RFM's will have been on route at some time in their life. The starting price is probably what I'd list a RFM on ebay for, given that ebay take the first £250 for it being sold on there...

Go and look at it. Then decide if it's worth it or not.

Good luck! :cool:

Could be a money pit for anyone trying a quick flip as although most glasses for this game are in that state it will be detrimental when fully working to its value.

hmm,that first ones just down the road from me,im sure it's been listed before,but was shilled

That BARRACORA is sweet! As for the SPECIAL FORCE... way over-priced, especially with the gash black paint job. Bleurgh!

But the biggest turd has got to be that VIKING. I love old Bally's but 2,600 units does not make it "very rare" and worthy of a £595 price tag in that condition. A 1996 BBB is "very rare".

That FIRE MOUNTAIN would make a great project!

Centaur and gorgar glasses Macclesfield.
I won these and paid in the hour but seller expects me to jump to pick up which ain't gonna happen. Anyone want to take them at the hammer price I can pass details but seller very impatient

Buyer beware, in the pictures the MPU is showing a bad dose of corrosion... :eek:
is it in this picture? please train my eye to where you spot it. i was looking for a battery to start with but i couldn't even find that
$_57.jpg

Fire mountain is arcade warehouse so beware. They have many pinball buyers that snap up anything even half decent so this is something lots of people have looked at and passed

Panic, PANIC, PANIC ,,,,,

Only 10 mins to go on that truly ghastly Skateball. Now standing at £205 ........

If you don't want that Gorgar back glass ill have it as mine is abit flaky.

Isn't that EXACTLY the same price the last one went for, or did I imagine that? How strange.

And again... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Medieval-...403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf8b7e66b

i just looked at that and thought it was fishy how someone was trying to shift that pin in one day. what scam is he pulling?

Seems to be an eBay account hijacker, always a diff eBay account, but always selling a MM, usually has the same style pic with a gmail address in to contact to get details of the "secret Buy it Now price". Used to be something like "vmr2022", now seems to be "lond3311" - Will prob be something else in a couple of months...

Although I don't think anyone here's followed through to an auction end to see what the hook is (their pin auctions invariably get pulled), I've always assumed its a "pay me by wire/ bank transfer and I'll have it shipped to you, honest guv" scam.

Although I don't think anyone here's followed through to an auction end to see what the hook is (their pin auctions invariably get pulled), I've always assumed its a "pay me by wire/ bank transfer and I'll have it shipped to you, honest guv" scam.

The guy doing it just doesn't seem to have a brain. His listings get pulled down within hours.

How can he not realise that it's a total waste of his time? He's up against an army of pinball nutters (us lot) who are watching eBay every moment of the day - the moment that MM pops up, everyone reports it. Like if he wants to pull scams, surely his efforts would be better spent elsewhere?

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

We should all keep schtum and get an internet fraud investigator to bid and try and purchase it outside ebay in the hope they catch the fool, ebay obviously do nothing apart from respond to the reports but the cause is still free to repeat offend, seems very lax, this guy should have been nailed by now, tried the same scam at least 10 times and he will keep trying, probably has the same thing going on in numerous other categories.

I uncovered a similar scam about 10 years ago while trying to purchase a Roland electronic drum kit (when you could still communicate with other bidders), seller threatened to come to my home and kill me and my family, suppose that is the mentality of desperate idiots.

is it in this picture? please train my eye to where you spot it. i was looking for a battery to start with but i couldn't even find that

It helps to have owned one... ;) Battery is located at the top of the board - you can see the white place battery here outline and has one end of the dangling white wire connected to it. So the battery leaked and affected all the components underneath it. Whilst you can't see any on the legs of the big white chip there will be plenty hiding in the socket for that white chip. Then under there for the rest of the board you can see green legs on the chips plus a few other places look very green. :rolleyes: Like the bottom right through hole connection on the earthing plane about where the number 5 ought to be (look at the numbering across the bottom of the board).

It helps to have owned one... ;) Battery is located at the top of the board - you can see the white place battery here outline and has one end of the dangling white wire connected to it. So the battery leaked and affected all the components underneath it. Whilst you can't see any on the legs of the big white chip there will be plenty hiding in the socket for that white chip. Then under there for the rest of the board you can see green legs on the chips plus a few other places look very green. :rolleyes: Like the bottom right through hole connection on the earthing plane about where the number 5 ought to be (look at the numbering across the bottom of the board).

Nice one Peter. I was same as @cooldan couldn't see a thing apart from two bouncy objects in the top left hand corner :eek:

But now you have explained it I can even see the + & - signs :thumbs:

Thanks Steve. :)

Just had another look and should have just said that the battery is supposed to live under the number 4 at the top of the board... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom