What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an alert set-up looking out for this going on sale for less than £40. There have been several at £35.99 but today this seller (215,000+ sales) is doing it for £32.40 with free P&P.

Ferm ESM1009 480W Random Orbital Sander 240V 125mm 5 http://r.ebay.com/7fcV2B

View attachment 12770

I've got several FERM tools and have been very happy with them. Yes, it's not a Bosch or a Makita or a DeWalt but for £30 you can't go wrong for home DIY use :)

TBH Bosch,makita and DeWalt ain't what they used to be. I Buy Ryobi stuff now as it's mid end, but with mid end pricing. Not mid end but high pricing like the DeWalt SHYTE is now.

TBH Bosch,makita and DeWalt ain't what they used to be. I Buy Ryobi stuff now as it's mid end, but with mid end pricing. Not mid end but high pricing like the DeWalt SHYTE is now.

I totally agree. All these so called premium brands are nothing like the quality they once were. They are still nice to look at and nicely designed - but build quality does not justify the prices.

I have even bought a drill from aldi recently, with a 3 year guarantee. It cost less than a single battery for my bosch professional cordless drill. 2 of my 3 bosch batteries failed in my second year of ownership and they were only guaranteed for one year

and for selling ebay items off of ebay.... they LOVE the circumventing fees one ;)
This guy is sending all his messages via eBay, even the one telling me I was a ****ing grumpy bastard. eBay will look at the message history (they did when I contacted them last week), see that and that'll be "end ov chat" ;)

I hope I do not offend anyone here, but I think that doing this to such a classic piece of pinball art is a crime.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item20f371c64b

and it has been done twice ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item20f371d4c2

OK, so Hurricane is not the greatest game in the world, but I found it quite playable and wasted plenty of money in it in the 90s

I would imagine that these paint jobs eliminate a fair number of potential buyers, so if you want to vulture some nice bits for your existing games and then sell these things on again .......

Yeah, it's not my cuppa tea. I don't think it would put me off buying as they're B listers but you do alienate some

The MBoP doesn't looks alright me. Just coloured legs, coin door and inner-sides. Seems like a good colour match. Hard to tell from the photos how well it's been done - could be an awful rattle can job or well done powder coat. I wouldn't seek it out but it wouldn't put me off. At least it appears to have been kept in good working order. One less pin in the grave yard, so to speak ;)

Looks decent enough to me. I think the colours are slightly out but other than that it tidies the machines up

Each to there own though, can see why some wouldnt like them, much like adding a mod, some love them some hate them. they dont bother me either

I hope I do not offend anyone here, but I think that doing this to such a classic piece of pinball art is a crime.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item20f371c64b

and it has been done twice ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item20f371d4c2

OK, so Hurricane is not the greatest game in the world, but I found it quite playable and wasted plenty of money in it in the 90s

I would imagine that these paint jobs eliminate a fair number of potential buyers, so if you want to vulture some nice bits for your existing games and then sell these things on again .......

I saw these earlier and completely agree. Games should be stock, and stock only UNLESS mods are A) easy to remove, and B) not costly to remove. Anyone who buys those bastardised games are gonna spend a fortune if they want to return to factory standard.

Removable personalisation aside, the only mods I agree with are ones which prolong the life of the machine i.e. LED's, modern electronics upgrades, reproduction replacement parts etc.

Pins are for Amusement not art. *ducks for cover.... :popcorn:
A few mods are not the end of the world unless its a one off prototype or something of significance/Very rare

Its the same in the car world. Cars are polished to within and inch of its life and better than new but never used.... May as well be a drawing of that car. :cuckoo:

I am a believer in benefit of the doubt, but this seller lost my benefit of the doubt when I saw the hideous touch up on BoP, where the old lockdown bar had been removed

I know that BoP has its limitations as a game, but the cabinet art is superb. No great shakes if you ruin a Hurricane, but a BoP deserves more respect than this

It might not have been so bad if the side rails and lockdown bar matched. It's just odd the way it is.

I am a believer in benefit of the doubt, but this seller lost my benefit of the doubt when I saw the hideous touch up on BoP, where the old lockdown bar had been removed

I know that BoP has its limitations as a game, but the cabinet art is superb. No great shakes if you ruin a Hurricane, but a BoP deserves more respect than this

Yep, noticed that too. Also the legs and coin door don't look like powder coats to me, you can see in the zoom function where it's chipped off and shows the black of the original coin door underneath. Meh...

Last edited:
Yeah well, your mods are not only awesome and high quality but easily removable down the line too. If it ain't offensive, then that's all fine by me :)

Ironically I have very few mods on my machines, often torn off when I have to sell my own when out of stock and never refitted, but mainly as I have to keep my machines clear when photographing individual mods, keeps things simple esp the instruction pics etc.

At the end of the day you can cover every inch of a machine in non-destructive mods, and if the next ower doesn't like them, they can be removed. Legs and rails can be sand blasted an re-painted in a different colour without too much fuss too.

Repainting part of the cab in a different colour than original however is not acceptable in my opinion, as it would be difficult or impossible to reverse.

Reactions: DRD
At the end of the day you can cover every inch of a machine in non-destructive mods, and if the next ower doesn't like them, they can be removed. Legs and rails can be sand blasted an re-painted in a different colour without too much fuss too.

Repainting part of the cab in a different colour than original however is not acceptable in my opinion, as it would be difficult or impossible to reverse.

I agree, I wouldn't buy a game with a repainted cabinet if I could help it. Maybe it's because I remember playing the games in arcades in the 80s / 90s and it's partly these memories that keeps me interested in pinball, but for me the whole package is important and I'd prefer a tatty original cab to a good condition repainted one.

For the same reason I don't personally like many mods either.....but if you have a game and you want to repaint it and mod it to pieces then you are perfectly entitled to do so!!! :)

The seller owns 40 games, this one might have been a problem child - hence being sold as is. I do think its a cool title though

Not to me. You can get a proper Williams Bally top 5 game in very nice nick for that money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom