What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at a base price of £150 it's gotta be a bargain. Photos are a bit blurry but it doesn't look trashed. It's got to be worth £150 in parts alone even if was to get broken into spares.

True enough. At that price it would probably have to be literally on fire to be a bad buy.

Having some hilarious fun on eBay today...

Last night I won this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151502750492 for 99p + £3.20 P&P. As far as I can it's a small and very thin monitor that I thought might be useful for a mini-MAME project I've been tinkering with. For 4 quid I thought I'd take a punt. So imagine my surprise this evening when I find these messages in my Inbox from the seller:

06:39
I want more thsn 99p for it

06:55
Im new to ebay I want at least 15 pound

08:38
Im not sellling it for that im new to ebay

17:06
Im new to ebay im not selling it for 99p end ov chat

But then to top it all off at 18:41 this evening he's marked it as dispatched!

I sent a reply reminding him he's entered into a legally binding contract, etc., etc., but hey, **** happens, we all make mistakes and in future it would be better to apologise rather than attempt to extort more money. If he'd simply 'fessed up and offered a refund I'd have just taken it.

£20 says I get some more ******** via short, poorly punctuated messages that he doesn't know how to refund, he's sent the item and that if I don't pay him more he'll negative feedback me. The item will never arrive, I'll open an eBay case, PayPal will refund me and he'll negative feedback me anyway.

He cant Neg you as he's the seller, and also Any crap you can have removed from Ebay
also, I would call ebay and tell them that the seller isnt willing to sell to you at that price - Tell that that you thought it was legally binding, and get them to check your inbox for the proof... Suggest that he might need "reminding" of the rules that he so recently signed up to...

No one can force a seller to part with an item legally binding or not so you may as well write it off, happens all the time.

Hmm.. I wouldnt be so sure - If someone has advertised an item and the item has been paid for, in theory that item belongs to you - if you cannot access it then that's against the law and in THEORY the police could be called...

Sadly not the same rules in the land of ebay. The seller could just use the option on ebay of cancelling the win as the item has mysteriously just 'broke'....as i have encountered before.

Hmm.. I wouldnt be so sure - If someone has advertised an item and the item has been paid for, in theory that item belongs to you - if you cannot access it then that's against the law and in THEORY the police could be called...
Been there done that, that was the answer I got from ebay when some plank refused to sell me a projector I won way below perceived value in the past, seller can just say, someone has stolen it, it is broken, left it out on the drive and some idiot drove over it, an alien space ship hovered above my house and beamed it out of my living room so it is no longer available sorry, what you gonna do about it? yup same as me, sweet FA :D

I'm not fussed about this at all, it was total impulse purchase at 1am four minutes before the end of the auction. Just the messages back from the seller were hilarious! I know PayPal will refund me and it's only four quid anyway, no big shakes.

I received a reply this morning:

Tuff I dont have it no more

So he's taken my payment, harassed me via the eBay messaging system for more money, lied that the item has been dispatched and then told me to stuff it because he doesn't have it any more. I think eBay and PayPal will be able to follow the breadcrumbs quite easily ;)

It is a crazy world outside your door and there are some complete morons trading on ebay, just the other day a Robby turned up from the US, totally different to the one listed in his pic which I use for my mods, 1st he states that I should not moan because the one I received was larger than the one in the pic, then he denies that he posted the one I received stating that I had switched them and was trying to swindle him, after a week he put his hands up and said he had a bad week and lost his job and sorry, WTF, I eventually got a refund but what a total melt.

I always get excited when I see a BLACK HOLE for sale and when I saw the price and title I was looking forward to see a beautiful machine. Oh dear... whilst not a basket case by any standard I wouldn't pay any more than 2/3 of the asking price. For me, to command that sort of price it would have to be a US-version with the full rotating backglass. It's all pie in the sky, but one can dream... :)

Quote: Can ship at winners cost

This is something that always irks me about so many peoples view on eBay, you don't actually "win" anything (unless it was free), you're still having to pay for something at auction. You'll see people say 'I won this on eBay', no you didn't, you paid something for it!

Also makes me laugh how much the supposed rarity of the game is continually mentioned as if to try and justify a £5600 BIN price on that piece of tat (you will be quite the "winner" though), utterly ****e game! Makes me laugh more than a NIB AC/DC pro is shown on the same page for almost £2k less!

Also makes me laugh how much the supposed rarity of the game is continually mentioned as if to try and justify a £5600 BIN price on that piece of tat (you will be quite the "winner" though), utterly ****e game! Makes me laugh more than a NIB AC/DC pro is shown on the same page for almost £2k less!

That listing truly is abysmal. No effect to write much information about the game, crappy "stock" pics (which aren't actually stock) and a delusional asking price. I know my current game for sale is high but at least I made some considerable effort and it annoys me when others don't.

Should I message him some home truths and burst his bubble? I love doing that sometimes. :D

I have a feeling there will be a few people sending him messages. The main reason the game is so rare is because it is not a very good game.
I was thinking of sending him a message, but it is not worth it. I am sure he will eventually work it out when no one bites.

I've had an alert set-up looking out for this going on sale for less than £40. There have been several at £35.99 but today this seller (215,000+ sales) is doing it for £32.40 with free P&P.

Ferm ESM1009 480W Random Orbital Sander 240V 125mm 5 http://r.ebay.com/7fcV2B

$_12[1].JPG

I've got several FERM tools and have been very happy with them. Yes, it's not a Bosch or a Makita or a DeWalt but for £30 you can't go wrong for home DIY use :)

Had a few more messages from the seller who refused to sell the item I completed for 99p. I haven't sent him any messages since eBay contacted him at my request. The first response after that is a classic:

13 Dec
Take it u ****ing grumpy bastard

16 Dec
Put 10 pound including postage and packing and its yours

16 Dec
Im new to all this my butty is up on the week weekend and il refund u promise

19 Dec
How much u put in my pay pal

I have no idea what the second message on the 16th means? The seller is located in Scotland. Is "butty" some kind of Scottish slang? Will put the poor bugger out of his misery tomorrow by opening an eBay case for a refund request.

If messages are through the Ebay system, report him for abusive communication... just to tip him over the edge. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom