What's new

Ebay Auctions 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice haul tho of interesting titles. Truck Stop hardly ever appear for sale , MNF are rare in the UK, and actually not that many Space Station about. And Space Station is AWESOME

I'd value at (for average workers)

SS - 675+
MNF - 525+
TS - 500+

So not wildly overpriced - if you could knock him down and they in ok shape then fair deal imo
Still listed as available and the price has dropped from £1,900 to £1,500. At £500 each could be a bargain? I'd take a SS for £500...

This has suddenly shot up from £400. Looks beautiful but not sure the game play would keep my interest for too long but a lovely looking machine now over £1k and 4 hrs left.... View item:
Bally Space Invaders Pinball Machine - amazing condition http://bit.ly/1ihWFBM #ebayipad

Deleted_Record

The bindings Looks like a game of ping pong! I'm not after it but it caught my eye because of the theme and the look but it has no DMD. Does seem much for sale ATM... Is there a good time of year when there's more on the market? Perhaps I should just go for a new Star Trek and take out a 2nd mortgage :)

Deleted_Record

The bindings Looks like a game of ping pong! I'm not after it but it caught my eye because of the theme and the look but it has no DMD. Does seem much for sale ATM... Is there a good time of year when there's more on the market? Perhaps I should just go for a new Star Trek and take out a 2nd mortgage :)

Deleted_Record

And so it should catch your eye. SI is a cracker of a game and just coz a games not a DMD you shouldn't rule it out.

JD fits your criteria, lots of multiballs esp in the supergame and also has a mid flipper, I think the machine is dull personally, maybe see if you can spend 30 mins with one to get a feel for it before you take the plunge, saying that you can always shift it for the same money if it's not for you, maybe post on here for things to look out for if you decide to go for it, make sure the dead world works, indents @ the ball drop rollovers, wear behind centre targets, right plastic ramp often broken at ball exit mount, chimney plastics often broken at mount also, cabinet fade and lockdown bar holes otherwise they are generally OK.

Owned two, both felt clunky.

Flintstones is a better game for similar money IMO

Hi Guys! slam actually made me decide I actually want to buy a table - the ones I really liked were ACDC and Startrek and I'm not that rich! Guess I can spend £1000-1500. I'm looking for lots of multiballs, a nice bright / well lit table and extra flippers up the table. I don't want to watse money and buy a dog:) What do you guys think go JUdge. Dredd as a table? See there's one on eBay, would you say it's a good table?

Deleted_Record

Not seen the advert, but with it being from ebay it would be wise to go see it first (whilst you could get lucky, there will be a lot of dogs on there too), and ideally take someone who knows what to look for too - where is the one you are looking at based?

JD fits your criteria, lots of multiballs esp in the supergame and also has a mid flipper, I think the machine is dull personally, maybe see if you can spend 30 mins with one to get a feel for it before you take the plunge, saying that you can always shift it for the same money if it's not for you, maybe post on here for things to look out for if you decide to go for it, make sure the dead world works, indents @ the ball drop rollovers, wear behind centre targets, right plastic ramp often broken at ball exit mount, chimney plastics often broken at mount also, cabinet fade and lockdown bar holes otherwise they are generally OK.

I'm not a fan of Jd either

And i'm not sure if it's an issue for you or not - but Flintstones generally has a better girlfriend/wife acceptance factor because of it's theme.

I'd have a hard time getting a JD past the missus but i'm pretty sure there would be no issue with a Flintstones.

I like JD, but I'm a fan of the theme and also have good memories of playing it back in the day. The Super game options add something extra to standard game options and the overall humour level is pretty good. Having said that there are a few things I would say could have been done better, but then I suppose you can say that about a lot of games.

Getaway (HS2) might fit your criteria, and a good example should be gettable for around a K.

I'd also recommend Fish Tales as a nice starter table, although it doesn't meet your extra flipper requirement, being a standard 2-flipper table. Lots going on and funny as hell (IMO) though.

Demo Man and T2 are also popular tables around the up to 1K price range.

See if you can get a few more games in on tables that usually sell in your price range, either at events, league meets or at some local pinheads and decide which ones you like best, then stick a want add up here and keep an eye out for one turning up for sale on here, at an event or perhaps the Yahoo group.

As a newcomer I'd avoid eBay unless you can take an experienced mate with you for a viewing or you could end up getting stung (I'd still not use it myself as anything other than a vague price guide).

Rog

And i'm not sure if it's an issue for you or not - but Flintstones generally has a better girlfriend/wife acceptance factor because of it's theme.

That changes rapidly once you fit the alternative translite :D

T2 is a two flipper game, love mine but would possibly get old quick as a single pin.

Last edited:
Just clocked Mr Deleted Record that you're in London. If you fancy coming over to New Cross then you're very welcome to play a few games and get more of an idea of what might work for you. the Flintstones, Demo Man, WCS, JY, SST & ID4 would all be at the lower end of you budget and have lots of multiball options.

After what happened when you added Vector to your collection, I very much doubt this statement...!!! :rolleyes:
Uh, oh. My reputation precedes me. The operative word in that statement is "would" as in "would if I had £500 and had 9 lives like a cat" rather than "I will take it for £500 and damn the consequences!"

Look at the bids on it, it is a very clear example of shill bidding...
I was expecting that SI to only reach about £600. Hard to tell the exact condition from the lo-res photos but it looked pretty good, and if the 15-year HUO history is true then all the better. But over £1k? Seems a bit steep to me. I passed on a working project SI (because I'd already committed to buying Vector) that also had a spare populated playfield and that was only £350.

Is the alternate translite for Flinstones the one that johnwhitfield has fitted? Have to admit I didn't notice at first. Although I'm sure my missus would spot it instantly.

Thanks for all the replies. I saw the JD one on eBay but when I phoned the guy he said that he wasn't around to show me the table before the end of the auction but claims that it's all in great condition. Says he hasn't done anything to it and has owned it for 7 years.... Said a few ppl had come round and said it was in good nick and the play field looks good etc. perhaps I should be suspicious if I can't see it, however even if I win the auction and isn't as described I can walk.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Judge-Dre...ames_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item2c80fcfeea
Would love to find someone who knows more than me to help me look it over or point me something better. I'm based in Kingston Surrey.

Deleted_Record

Just clocked Mr Deleted Record that you're in London. If you fancy coming over to New Cross then you're very welcome to play a few games and get more of an idea of what might work for you. the Flintstones, Demo Man, WCS, JY, SST & ID4 would all be at the lower end of you budget and have lots of multiball options.
Yes John, my name is Peter and I'm in London, used to love in Brixton. Thanks so much for the offer, yes I would like to play and learn about as many machines as possible.

Deleted_Record

I'd have a hard time getting a JD past the missus but i'm pretty sure there would be no issue with a Flintstones.
Shouldn't be an issue with the missus or kids :)

Deleted_Record

Thanks for the pointers, why do you say it's dull? I will heck out a flintstones

Deleted_Record

Flintstones gets my vote too - good bit of table and gameplay for the money - certainly one of the better sub £1k tables IMO.

And Johns an absolute star for inviting people to play on his tables. I've been there myself and he's a great host; and it's brilliant to get such a variety of tables in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom