What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dialed In! On the way!

Worth knowing that many shipping companies before sealing the containers would normally take pictures of the inside of the container, just in case something like this occurs. I would find out which shipping company it was and I would ask them if they have some pictures of the container with the doors opened, just before it was sealed. It might show whether these stickers were there in the first place?

Anyone know how to ' edit selfie label ' , I'm putting my name in and it says press start to save but it does nothing. I'm hoping this is how you don't have to keep putting your name in after a game? am I misunderstanding what this option is for?

Why install the instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aren't the machines shipped on a boat ?
So this tilt thing will be useless would'nt it , just thinking boats go up and down and side to side or is it me just being thick :)

Ships list from side to side but there's still potential for boxes to tip over depending on how they're stowed. I presume these came in a container and usually they're packed so that there's little space for items to move around. That's not always the case of course.

If the damage was done in transit then it's also possible that it was done on the road section of the journey.

Who knows. For my money the take away from this is that yet again Phils' customer service is superb and it's part of the reason you'd buy a machine from him instead of taking a chance elsewhere.

Ships list from side to side but there's still potential for boxes to tip over depending on how they're stowed. I presume these came in a container and usually they're packed so that there's little space for items to move around. That's not always the case of course.

If the damage was done in transit then it's also possible that it was done on the road section of the journey.

Who knows. For my money the take away from this is that yet again Phils' customer service is superb and it's part of the reason you'd buy a machine from him instead of taking a chance elsewhere.[/QUOTE

Who knows. For my money the take away from this is that yet again Phils' customer service is superb and it's part of the reason you'd buy a machine from him instead of taking a chance elsewhere.
I mean the movement of the ship !!

They container had 25 games in it, so there would have been some stacked on top of the others... so in that case, there may have been no point having those stickers on as the games WOULD have been tipped to put on top of the first layer... just my thoughts.

In kevs case it looks like a boxed pin has been dropped, possibly during loading or unloading of the container prior or after shipping overseas.

My guess (and hope) would be it was a careless forklift operator and not a jjp employee.

Also I must say i see this thread as praise for Phil and his company rather than anything negative, he always jumps to sort any problems once informed. I have only had one dealing with a NIB pin (Aerosmith) but I wouldn't buy from anyone else.

I was very relieved when my wife informed me she had ordered from Pinball heaven as I knew it would be a painless exercise with any issues being quickly dealt with (there were none though)

We are very lucky in the UK to have the legends Phil and Andy to deal with :thumbs::thumbs:

Last edited:
Anyone noticed when volcano starts, the young lady on the phone says "Pat Lawlor is coming this way!"

Actually she says "That lava is coming this way" but I swear the first few times I heard it it sounded like Pat Lawlor...

OK JJP confirm (as i suspected) they removed the tip and tell because some of the games were stacked.

We also both suspect @newdos 's game was stacked on the top and it was probably (most likely) dropped a foot or so when the warehouse unloaded the container... these games are mighty heavy and you imagine 1 game lying across 2 stood on end and the effort required to get that top game off.... The game wasn't dropped far otherwise such a heavy beast would have been totalled....

P

OK JJP confirm (as i suspected) they removed the tip and tell because some of the games were stacked.

We also both suspect @newdos 's game was stacked on the top and it was probably (most likely) dropped a foot or so when the warehouse unloaded the container... these games are mighty heavy and you imagine 1 game lying across 2 stood on end and the effort required to get that top game off.... The game wasn't dropped far otherwise such a heavy beast would have been totalled....

P
that would fit with the damage Phil - when you see it, it will become perfectly clear - probs only been dropped about a foot on its back end to do the damage. Does that mean you have a claim now?

Cheers

Kev

So much for do not stack on the box when even the mfr ignores.
Good point. The alternative though is a considerably greater cost in volumetric weight when shipping. I would guess that JJP weigh up the risk of something happening like this vs the sunk cost of transporting them all on the deck and figure that it is preferable to replace the odd machine here and there when it happens?

JJP dont replace, thats a decision for me. So next time, we will only have 1 layer.... a container of 21 games not 33

Back
Top Bottom