What's new

Dialed In! On the way!

Isn't this just a case of leaving them for the clear coat to properly dry (as cpr advises you to), vacuuming out some dirt, putting some decent balls in, adjusting a couple of mechs as they bed in, getting cliffys ?, making sure wires were not dislodged in transit ?

"Just?"
I think people have a reasonable expectation that the clear coat should have set so they can play the game as soon as it's delivered to them, not wait for a month.

Balls in NIB always seem to be awful, why cant ALL manufacturers get this right from the start?

Games shouldn't need cliffys so you can play them. TBF, unlike Stern, JJP has at least made an effort in fitting their own, but they're just not as good as cliffys

Adjusting mechs and cables should be expected after any machine movement. Whether it's travelling halfway across the world on multiple different carriers, or just going in a car to a show - not a major issue, although it seems some of these problems are caused by the fact the cables aren't long enough to reach without putting undue tension

I think what makes DI looks worse (and therefore JJP) than any other game (or manufacturer) is that so many people have received their game at once, so all of the various issues are being reported at once as well. When was the last time so many NIBs of a single machine were shipped, and delivered, at once? That alone shows how popular this game is.

I'm sure it'll all be sorted, and if it was any single person with their problems it wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.
Occasionally machines get dropped and damaged by carriers, can hardly blame the manufacturer for that.

Has this game been the best seller for a while Phil ? Seems a lot of folk wanting one.
I have not known a new game be soooo well received - everyone at NLP was blown away by it.

Not surprisingly - it's a perfect mash up of a classic 90s feeling Pat Lawlor design with current 21st century JJP tech. And refreshingly an unlicensed theme.

Win win win.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Is it me or is the game actually quite hard?

Anyone know what makes Betty's wrench go down? Sometimes the left ramp is a really nice shot, but after a couple of balls the wrench sometimes goes down and interferes with the shot.

Also, in the aliens invasion, how do you figure out which shot is the roving arrow shot. Most of the time I can't spot the roving arrow which makes the disaster quite hard to complete...

I got many games in recently on a DI and must admit,did start to enjoy it.Had a good rummage around and was quite impressed with the build quality.Only thing I would say,based on the one I looked at is if it was mine,imo,I would remove their hole protectors as the design seemed wrong and metal too thick,if you hit it you could feel excessive metal on metal contact.I believe cliffy,has designed better ones.I would personally get them.Either way good game and another 20people are gonna be happy pin owners in the next batch

I got many games in recently on a DI and must admit,did start to enjoy it.Had a good rummage around and was quite impressed with the build quality.Only thing I would say,based on the one I looked at is if it was mine,imo,I would remove their hole protectors as the design seemed wrong and metal too thick,if you hit it you could feel excessive metal on metal contact.I believe cliffy,has designed better ones.I would personally get them.Either way good game and another 20people are gonna be happy pin owners in the next batch
Chris,
you are obviously not in the other Dialled In thread - Cliffy indeed has made the hole protectors and even better than that Phil form PH has bought 20 sets that he is sending to all his Dialled in customers free of charge!!

Top service that!!

Cheers

kev

Is it me or is the game actually quite hard?

Anyone know what makes Betty's wrench go down? Sometimes the left ramp is a really nice shot, but after a couple of balls the wrench sometimes goes down and interferes with the shot.

Lighting lock activates the wrench, not seen anything else make it go down

Also, in the aliens invasion, how do you figure out which shot is the roving arrow shot. Most of the time I can't spot the roving arrow which makes the disaster quite hard to complete...

It's the one flashing blue and yellow, order is left orbit, left ramp, side ramp, theatre, right ramp. Once you make that shot, ALL shots light blue and yellow and you have to make 5/6 (I think)

There's also a mode where the arm goes up and down continuously, I think it's called beat the mechanic or something, you have to time shots to get past the arm. I think it was a multiball, only seen it once.

Edit... It's called quick monkey wrench multball

Yep, I'm pretty sure the one at NLP was on easy, I was finishing lots of modes, collecting plenty of Sim cards and getting endless extra balls.
Everyone in my house is struggling to get high scores although today changed one setting in the menu, carry SIM card over to next ball and instantly scored 3 times more than any previous score and broke the million mark. Quickly put it back! Don't want it too easy!

We are having problems with right ramp. If the ball is going fast it hits the wall in the tight turn behind the theatre and rolls back. Like to think this is holding back scores. Anyone seen or fixed this?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

We are having problems with right ramp. If the ball is going fast it hits the wall in the tight turn behind the theatre and rolls back. Like to think this is holding back scores. Anyone seen or fixed this?

Yeah I mentioned that in the other thread, seems to be a design issue where a fast ball seems to catch the entrance of the left loop, not sure how to solve it yet.

Gave my ramp a slight twist, not had a problem since.. set up as Pat L intended -bubble top touching second line up.

Haven’t had an issue with the right ramp hitting the corner before the wireform either

Everyone in my house is struggling to get high scores although today changed one setting in the menu, carry SIM card over to next ball and instantly scored 3 times more than any previous score and broke the million mark. Quickly put it back! Don't want it too easy!

What did changing this setting do? Did it mean that the Sim Card was still able to be collected on the next ball even if you hadn't collected on the previous ball?

When you have multiple Sim Cards lit, does hitting the hole collect all Sim Cards in one shot, or do you have to hit it multiple times to collect each Sim Card? For example if you had completed 3 modes (on one ball!) and had 3 Sim Cards lit, does shooting the scoop collect all 3 SIM cards in one shot and award you 300k, or do you have to shoot it 3 separate times?

What is the highest Sim Card Mulitiplier someone has had it up to?? @mufcmufc surely that is the way to blow the game up??

What did changing this setting do? Did it mean that the Sim Card was still able to be collected on the next ball even if you hadn't collected on the previous ball?

When you have multiple Sim Cards lit, does hitting the hole collect all Sim Cards in one shot, or do you have to hit it multiple times to collect each Sim Card? For example if you had completed 3 modes (on one ball!) and had 3 Sim Cards lit, does shooting the scoop collect all 3 SIM cards in one shot and award you 300k, or do you have to shoot it 3 separate times?

What is the highest Sim Card Mulitiplier someone has had it up to?? @mufcmufc surely that is the way to blow the game up??
Yea that setting means you can collect the Sim Card on the next ball if you drain. If you have multiple sim cards lit you only pick up one with each sucessful shot to the hole. Yea the sim card multiplier is definitely the key to blowing the game up.

The setting did exactly as you suggest. Normally after a ball ends and you have failed to collect the sim card, you lose it. In this case it stayed all through the game until you eventually hit that shot. Seemed to me that collecting sim cards made a major difference not only to one off score, but multipliers and the value of other scoring later. Don't know if you can stack sim cards and collect them all at once.

The sim cards multiply the points scored in any of the modes for the rest of the game. Once you've collected a sim card you keep it for the rest of the game. Each sim card adds one to the multiplier, so in theory if you manage to spell "Dialed In" then all of your mode scoring from then on is multiplied by 9.

Chris,
you are obviously not in the other Dialled In thread - Cliffy indeed has made the hole protectors and even better than that Phil form PH has bought 20 sets that he is sending to all his Dialled in customers free of charge!!

Top service that!!

Cheers

kev

that's why imo,people should by off Phil and not other dealers like HLD @pinballheaven rock!

What is the highest Sim Card Mulitiplier someone has had it up to??

I've collected 4 (or maybe 5) Sim Cards on Phil's machine. Score was 3mil I think.
Definitely the way to go to get big scores .

Sim cards can be lit not just from completing a mode, but also hitting a certain no. of jackpots in the "mini multiballs" collected from BOB

Deferring multiball until a mode is running as well.

Just a brilliant game.

How do you do that Wayne, I've read mash the flippers and press both together twice, neither work for me.
You have to double flip twice as soon as the phone starts ringing for multiball Kev. After a couple of rings you can't cancel it anymore.

And the easiest way to light sim cards by completing modes is saving Big Bangs for when you start a mode. Big Bang will automatically complete the mode you are in and therefore light the Sim Card shot too.

Back
Top Bottom