What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

I think you can use black and white with that fluorescent paint Kev to lighthen and darken it but try and get it close first before adding the B&W it may take some flouresence out of it.

You can buy colour mixing wheels Kev - just a cardboard thing that helps you mix the right colours to get the colour you want. I ordered one from Amazon a week ago, but might have accidentally ordered from some foreign place as it still hasn't arrived yet.

sure is but no good thought it would mix with the red but no way!!!

got no where!!!!
I thought you were on the right track Kev it's definitely a sort of pinky red colour. Remember it might dry darker or lighter so if it's not a match straight away it still could be!

Keep up the good work matey!

Your play field is exactly like my corvette one! The rust has stained the wood to the extent that it shows on the topside of the playfield!

Once clear coated and it all put back together it will look mint still! :D

i did also umm and ahh about painting the underside of the playfield like early machines, but ended up just lightly staining it a nice colour lol

Dunc

Ok bit of a holiday break and now a bit of progress. Touched up the playfield (but gave up with the red - left it white and it looks fine) and now clearcoated it. The clearcoat really brings it to life. I thought I had dust particles in the clear coat but after 2 coats and then sanding it flat again it turns out the clear has magnified areas where the paint has slightly lifted from underneath, but after 6 coats now it looks pretty good. Let's be honest this playfield was never going to be perfect.

Just a quick shot or 3 to remind you of the before!
PC040527.JPG PC040528.JPG PC040540.JPG PC060548.JPG

And after a lot of work!!!! nice shine and it's not been polished yet!!

IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG

CHeers Kev

just from a can

Kev, Ace work this is inspirational I'm going to have a go at touching in with Acrylics and Clearing my Vector PF. Which Clear can do you use?

Bit more work today - all the posts and side rails now back on the table.

A lot shiner than before!!!

IMG_0989.JPG

Long way to go yet Daz still a lot of metal work to de-rust and polish!!!!

Took me 2 hours today just to do the cable standoffs

Cheers Kev

Excellent kev! looking great!

Its amazing to see the playfield looking so shiney! I really should get a thread going!

Keep up the good work and the pics matey!

Dunc

Back
Top Bottom