What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

newdos

Site Supporter
Alias
Newdos
Posting this up now as I am starting to get parts for it and my first major part arrived for it today - a 2nd hand very good nick backbox!!!

Here it is

PA080362.JPG

I'm gonna keep a log of costs on this one so far - £15 for the head(bargain) got a new speaker panel - £20 and a seconhand sound board (with ROMS) £ 100 (until i fix the original one) mounting up already.

So here is what it looked like on delivery if you haven't already seen these!!!
Bit of a croc o S!"£$
P8310219.JPG
P9040228.JPG
P9040229.JPG
P9040230 (2).JPG
P9040230.JPG
P9040231 (2).JPG
P9040231.JPG
P9040232 (2).JPG
P9040233.JPG

P9040234.JPG

As you can see very rusty and all wooden bits water damaged to hell and back!!!

Basically all working now other than the elevator and the optos on the cryoclaw - once I get those working I will be storing it until the STTNG shop is finished

Watch this space as things develop!!

Cheers Kev

Attachments

• P9040232.JPG
    P9040232.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 15
Hi Kev your a brave man taking that one on ,i recently did a fish tales and obviously not counting my labour (which no one does) it turned out costing £2,200 total . This was to buy it then add for replacing all the missing parts all boards / new decals /ramps / plastics/ etc etc the list just went on and on. I had lots of fun sourcing parts.and nearly convinced myself that it was worth it (well i tried to convince the wIfe ) but she kept all the receipts . I can see from your past resto,s you do a fantastic job but mate you have to ask is it worth it as i know your work and you wont skimp,
Best of luck
Keith

Go for it Kev! This is my kinda project. I've pulled worse of playfield that was stored in a wet shipping container for decade and managed to salvage various bits.

On the plus side, you're the kind of kind whose not scared of a little elbow grease and tube of Autosol, instead of just replacing everything with new. For example, the blue sprung-steel ramp flaps that are all rusty really do polish up a treat. You can get those to a near mirror shine and then coat with clear to stop them rusting again.

So looking forward to seeing how this turns out! I wish it was my project, I really like DEMOLITION MAN!

Can't quite make out in the photos but has this one got the pistol grip flipper buttons?

Yeah ma
Go for it Kev! This is my kinda project. I've pulled worse of playfield that was stored in a wet shipping container for decade and managed to salvage various bits.

On the plus side, you're the kind of kind whose not scared of a little elbow grease and tube of Autosol, instead of just replacing everything with new. For example, the blue sprung-steel ramp flaps that are all rusty really do polish up a treat. You can get those to a near mirror shine and then coat with clear to stop them rusting again.

So looking forward to seeing how this turns out! I wish it was my project, I really like DEMOLITION MAN!

Can't quite make out in the photos but has this one got the pistol grip flipper buttons?
Yeah man it has the grips!!!

Really love your restorations mate! If I was to say this looks mint compared to my Corvette I'm currently restoring, it gives us an idea of actually how bad mine is. I should start a shop thread tbh!

Keep up the top work mate!

Dunc

Really love your restorations mate! If I was to say this looks mint compared to my Corvette I'm currently restoring, it gives us an idea of actually how bad mine is. I should start a shop thread tbh!

Keep up the top work mate!

Dunc
thanks Dunc would love to see that might give me some initiative to get going on this bad boy!!!

Cheers Kev

OK now I have finished a realtively quick TZ re-decal made a start on the bits that weren't working on the DM - namely the claw and elevator

Here is the elevator pulled off the machine !!! quite easy to see some issues here lol !!
IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

OK so pulled this all apart down to the bare components

IMG_0881.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG

motor works fine - bonus!!!
IMG_0883.JPG

And amazingly the gearbox is mint!
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG

Not so the opto boards!!!
IMG_0890.JPG
and the cam arm was a tad rusty!!
IMG_0891.JPG

Gave them a dip in phosphoric acid to remove rust and looking better already and now off into the tumbler to see what they come out like

Next I stripped the Claw down

IMG_0896.JPG IMG_0899.JPG
Not too bad dipped the metal work in acid and off to the tumbler as well

Cleaned optos up and they actually work fine. Hooked up motor and optos to the connectors and although the optos register fine in test mode(blocking them with paper) the motor just keeps spinning one way and never stops - anyone any ideas on this one please ?

Cheers Kev

Last edited:
haha!!! no probs mate!!! believe it or not its used in all sorts of foodstuffs as well ie coca cola !!!

OK elevator all rebuilt and now working perfectly !!! It might not look a 100% but from the state it was in I am more than happy

BEFORE

IMG_0878.JPG

AFTER !!

IMG_0901.JPG

The plan with the DM is to get it all basically all working first then properly shop it afterwards once it know it is worthwhile to do ie. if it does indeed all work 100%

Cheers Kev

Brilliant start Kev! You're deffo the man for this job. I daren't come round again as I may be the next one in the acid....

Jesus christ kev! Can't believe you want to bring this thing back from the dead. You'd get more for it by stripping it down and selling off usable parts, save you a lot of time also lol!

its getting that way @replicas !!! will be getting to cold to do much before long though so a well earned winter break haha! Just want to get it fully working before I store it for a shopping at some point
I need a video of the claw test modes know anyone that could do one for me ?

Cheers Kev

Jesus christ kev! Can't believe you want to bring this thing back from the dead. You'd get more for it by stripping it down and selling off usable parts, save you a lot of time also lol!
Suspect there may have been a certain amount of egging by members of this forum ;)

Is this the one that was for sale on jamma+? epic task! reminds me of a street fighter 2 I done years ago that was not worth the time for sure but turned out nice all the same

Ronnie

Kev

I'm actually putting my Demo MAN up for sale in the next couple of days. Do yourself a favour mate and buy it. That way you get a much better base machine to pimp up and you can part that other game out. It's got to be easier. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom