What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

Gotta also say here BIG Thanks to Daz @replicas for more lampholders, metal posts and a special surprise of a brand new eyeball !!!

IMG_0943[1].JPG

Big respect on here guys, you are really helping this one along - I owe lots of people lots of beers!!!!

Many thanks again

Kev

Last edited:
Just an idea if there are stained areas after sanding could use some of this stuff on it. I don't know if you've used it before but it brushes on just like water. I used it on my Hook cabinet on suspect areas.

www.wood_finishes_direct.com_img_prodspecs_370_351_big.jpg
That's great stuff Kev I used it last month on my wooden conservatory! :)

5 Titex drills later and the side rails and lane guides are off !!!

IMG_0945[1].JPG

Anyone any idea what this horribly sharp bit of wire is for ????
IMG_0944[1].JPG

Cheers Kev

I think it's an operator bodge to stop the ball getting stuck there... rather than adjust the apron which obviously would have been too difficult... :rolleyes:

weirdly just found this earlier photo and that finger ripping post is behind the stainless ball guide ?????

upload_2015-12-11_10-9-18.png

Cheers Kev

-2c and after an hours sanding it looks a lot better - far from perfect but a big improvment. Time to put all the new Tee nuts in next.

Before
IMG_0948.JPG
After
IMG_0950.JPG

CHeers Kev

Man, that's a big improvement but I thought it would have come up better than that.

What about painting the underside like the old Bally games? Or even a wood colour lol?

Really could do with another playfield but having no luck finding one - Did I ask you @steve brum if you had a spare one from 1 of your 3 DMs ?

Cheers Kev

Slow slow progress first of all the new tee nuts are in

IMG_0965.JPG

And now the top of the playfield has been filled ready for painting which I am dreading!!!

IMG_0959.JPG

Now the whole playfield has been sanded ready for painting and then clearcoating. Think you can see how flatted off it is in these pics

IMG_0961.JPG IMG_0964.JPG

So how the heel do you mix a fluorescent red paint for the red lines - cant ever see me getting a match for those somehow!!

Quite a bit of touching up to do as well

Cheers Kev

well I have touched the black in by hand and around every single insert - doesn't look to clever now but once Clearcoated hopefully will look a ton better

What does anyone think of doing the filler bits in white to make it look like reflections as per the left hand side of them ?? The yellow bits almost look sort of natural now the black is on !!

Cheers Kev

IMG_0968.JPG

Looks pretty good to me Kev.
Nice one buddy , carry on like that I like it.
Thanks daz not perfect but already 600% better/cleaner than it was. Looking forward to clear coating it it will make a hell of a difference!!

Cheers Kev
Holy **** you took a sander to the topside? Wish I had your balls Kev!!​
nah!!!! Not a sander by hand with 400 grit paper looks crap now but once cleared it should look a lot sweeter
Cheers kev

If playfield paint is fluorescent you won't be able to mix it using normal colours, but you can buy fluorescent acrylics so it shouldn't be a problem.

It's looking fantastic so far!

well folks here are the paints I bought today for the red bits on here !!! wonder how many million different mixes I will end up doing to even get it close!!!

IMG_0969[1].JPG

Cheers Kev

Back
Top Bottom