What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CGC announcing new pin on 15th March

Be interested to see if the price is roughly the same whatever it is to the afmr le due to produce cost and the exchange rate.

Be interested to see if the price is roughly the same whatever it is to the afmr le due to produce cost and the exchange rate.

I think forex wise it should be the same pound hasn’t moved that much, however CGC might look at IMDN pricing and think well why not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd be happy if it was MB as I've owned a very nice one and no interest in having it again. Its a pretty table, full of toys and looks good, but I found it fairly easy. I still think if it is MB, they've done well on licensing!

I'd love a minty Addams, so I'd be in for an LE. But I'd hang on to my original too :) I just think the licensing is a total nightmare.

Anything need to go @Spadge if it is Addams, who needs two? Honeslty, IMHO who needs one?

So it is Monday today. What you think Friday we will know or next week? Not long :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Have to say as well whatever it is CGC build quality is one of the best

So it is Monday today. What you think Friday we will know or next week? Not long :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Have to say as well whatever it is CGC build quality is one of the best

I reckon they will be over the line for Pinburgh/ Replay FX.... or even now but announcing at an event...

Anything need to go @Spadge if it is Addams, who needs two? Honeslty, IMHO who needs one?
Ooohhh, controversial. I love Addams. Hopefully upgrading mine to a minty version with new (refurbed original) Chris playfield. 26 years on and still love it....

I've got 2 TOM's at the moment, but restoring one... I'd really have no problem owning a TAF in the office and one at home, no problem whatsoever. I don't mind folk pointing and saying i'm bonkers, I am.

Two TOM OK - Two TAF = crazy!

Kudos on one being a project, that's the Cape Horn right there....

Two TOM OK - Two TAF = crazy!

Kudos on one being a project, that's the Cape Horn right there....

1 TAF atm, 1 TOM functional with a full restore looming when I get my **** into gear.

I will sell one of the TOM's.

I *would* have a new TAF and an original.

Ooohhh, controversial. I love Addams. Hopefully upgrading mine to a minty version with new (refurbed original) Chris playfield. 26 years on and still love it....

Don't get me wrong @MartinY -I will play an Addams and the more I watch, the more I think... hmm sure.... but I wouldn't own one. Lovely, really fun, great modes, just not for me... funny isn't it - each to their own.

TAF isn't that easy to get hold of despite its sales figures, and commands consistently high prices seemingly regardless of condition.

Financially speaking and licensing aside it's a no brainer, a license to print money.

Last edited:
Addams isn't that easy to get hold of, and commands high prices despite there being 20k odd units in existence.

Financially speaking and licensing aside it's a no brainer, a license to print money.

I think the licensing costs and likely royalty will probably mean it's actually not a licence to print money I'm afraid, hope I'm wrong. It may also prove costly due to the license/royalty demands. But maybe they're thinking of doing another film and it makes sense, that wouldn't surprise me.

TAF is always for sale somewhere, in a wide variety of conditions from dog to excellent, sometimes 2-3 at once on Ebay including nutcases trying to shift gold ones. There are loads around given 26k were made or whatever, amazed you've not managed to snap one up yet @Durzel

I agree that it does command high £, but for me there are reasonably few machines (5-10 or so)that can sit beside it as a genuine classic DMD from the 90s.

I'd really like to see it remade, I'd love a chance to own a clear-coated, mint condition brand new one. I just can't see it, I'd bloody love to be wrong :)

I still don't quite understand those that don't like the machine, I appreciate its each to their own :) I'm more of a meddler than a player, but I love to play TAF.

I've got pretty high standards and until recently a reticence to accept that the going rate for Addams really is how much they're going for, so have missed out on a few.

I also don't have the time or the skills to bring an average one up to a spec I'd be happy with. I barely have time to actually play them at the moment. :(

I've got pretty high standards and until recently a reticence to accept that the going rate for Addams really is how much they're going for, so have missed out on a few.
I also don't have the time or the skills to bring an average one up to a spec I'd be happy with. I barely have time to actually play them at the moment. :(

I get your turmoil. I went bonkers for a TAF a few years ago and am now on my 3rd, moving on a beauty clear-coated one, which I regret.

Yeah very nice ones go for 5.5-6k, a mint refurb 7 or so. A new CGA one (if made) 8? LE 9? CE 10? (And the rest, perhaps)

It'd be interesting to see what happened if CGA did do TAF, but I can see those nice condition original prices largely holding tbh, superior topper or not.

It is what it is I guess.

If you do get one and want to up-spec it, gimme a shout if you want second opinions.

Edit: I had a MMr and own a AFMr. They do great work.

Finally played a AFMr at the weekend. Got to admit that it looked lovely compared to my original. The supersized screen is so much bigger than I was expecting when you see it in the flesh. Surprised they haven't retrofitted one for MMr yet but I'd shudder to think of the price they will charge for it.

Please be TAF! I want a super mint one but a brand new one is even better. Seems very likely it's MB though

Finally played a AFMr at the weekend. Got to admit that it looked lovely compared to my original. The supersized screen is so much bigger than I was expecting when you see it in the flesh. Surprised they haven't retrofitted one for MMr yet but I'd shudder to think of the price they will charge for it.

They've done it - coming soon - I dont' expect much change from a grand but on the plus side it will also upgrade the ****e MMR speakers too.

4ed97e6bb5c14d64d7257c0bfefde08d4ad54d0a.jpg 9dee59ed3b5d83b1f6aadc25c5e0b4eda40767e9.jpg

Yeah, I want it for mine when they release it :D mental price but I could fake OCD like the other nutters here :D

I'd be happy if it was MB as I've owned a very nice one and no interest in having it again. Its a pretty table, full of toys and looks good, but I found it fairly easy. I still think if it is MB, they've done well on licensing!

MB is one of the best party games in my house, GB being the other one, both titles seem to attract the non pinhead.

the thing I'm impressed with is the fact that it hasn't leaked at all... Stern and others could do with learning from CGC.

Seems It is MB

Attachments

• ba99172c0a5b38e6dfd0191ee730ca2a2d61e00c.png
    ba99172c0a5b38e6dfd0191ee730ca2a2d61e00c.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 49
Kind of glad in a way, not fussed about owning it after having one for a year, but understand the generic and wide appeal of the game. I do wonder if there's a return for the Universal Monsters IP in the works. I can only imagine the legal minefield of sorting that out, but it is a pretty old property.

Good luck to them, MB has a ton going on, great art and theme and could certainly interest new or fringe players with all the toys and modes etc

Back
Top Bottom