What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Apr 4, 2015] 8bitflip the new competitive show from NLP. (T.B.A.)

www.ukvac.com_forum_uploads_1532_8bitflip_red.png

Saturday 4th April and Sunday 5th April
Lostock Sports & Social Club, Works Lane, Northwich, CW9 7NW

Northern Lights Pinball and Arcade Club will be jointly running a pinball and arcade show this Easter Bank Holiday
Weekend, Saturday 4th April and Sunday 5th April, at a venue in Northwich. This event will feature a mixture of video
gaming and pinball machines to fully re-create that arcade experience. There will be pinball and arcade competitions
throughout the weekend with prizes and promotions on offer for the winners!

Over 100 Pinball & Arcade Machines for you to Play!
(All set on Freeplay!)

Play for Prizes or Just for Fun!
However you want to Play, it will be a Great Day out!

Tickets on Sale Now!

www.ukvac.com_forum_uploads_1532_acnlp.png
www.8bitflip.co.uk

I was gonna ask an old demoscener friend of mine to do one..

@replicas @u72 any deals for people who are bringing a game? Totally cool if not but just wanted to check before I book my weekend ticket :thumbs:
Chris, With you bringing a fully working A1 machine that's your weekend ticket buddy, just need your accommodation booking at the Travel Lodge.

Last edited:
The NLP crew are pleased to announce:

The Big Flip tournament at 8Bitflip

Details:

· The Big Flip will be the main competition at the 8bitflip show and will run on Saturday 4thApril

· WPPR points will be awarded; the format of the tournament qualifies for a full 100% award under the new WPPR rules *

· The tournament will form part of the UK Championship Series

· The tournament will be played over 6 “best of 5” rounds, with every player playing in at least two rounds (for a full description see http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/competitions)

· The tournament will start at 10am and 1stround games must be completed no later than 11:30am (late arrivals will still be able to progress into round 2 but will be at a disadvantage)

· Tickets will be available from 8pm on Sunday 8th February on our website http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/competitions

· There’s a maximum of 64 places available, so buy early to avoid disappointment

There will be two other major competitions at the 8bitflip show, both of which will run on Sunday 5th April

1. The Pinball News PinGolf Tournament

2. A Score Based Multi Game Competition – details to follow

Tickets for both of these competitions will sold at the event

In addition we plan to have other smaller competitions running over both days of the show

* Notes

1.Maximum WPPR points award is dependent on all 64 places being taken up, for lower take up, points will be reduced proportionately

2. To participate inThe Big Flip or any of our other competitions you will also need an entry ticket to the 8bitflip show

Entries for the 64 places go live tonight at 8pm.
Please note these will be limited as we have a 250 max each day at the venue so if you want to enter the comp don't hang around.
Also with this being our first competitive show entries are at a reduced rate , you can also pay for your day/weekend pass at the same time, or if you are bringing a machine then the weekend entry is free.
If you are bringing a pin then please contact me as soon as so I can get you down on the list. You can contact me direct on darren@ukpinball.com.
All the details are linked in the above post.
Don't miss out on the Big Flip it's on a first come first served basis and trust me you don't want to miss this, it's going to rock.
D.

Good news everyone, I've entered the tournament so there's a chance you'll be drawn against someone who can't play competitively for toffee so you'll have an easy round 1 victory :)

Chris, With you bringing a fully working A1 machine that's your weekend ticket buddy, just need your accommodation booking at the Travel Lodge.

Can I just double-check if donors get single ticket or a pair (a la NLP show)?

No worries either way but might be bringing someone and just checking if I need to buy a ticket for them or not.

I asked the same question but still no reply - but I think it is only one ticket per machine for this gig

CHeers Kev

Very good point, although with 2 machines I might still be able to get a guest in if Kev's right.
correct sure its a ticket per machine have a look ay the nlp site on facebook - sure I saw it there

Yes bring a machine and you get free entry for the weekend for one.

I asked the same question but still no reply - but I think it is only one ticket per machine for this gig

CHeers Kev
According to my mail I sent you a reply , sorry if you ddidn't receive it.
If you are bringing a machine then that's one person free entry for the weekend. If two people will be coming then you need to buy a weekend ticket for one.
Sorry but we are very short on space and only have a limited number of places and we need to sell some tickets.
D.

Can I just double-check if donors get single ticket or a pair (a la NLP show)?

No worries either way but might be bringing someone and just checking if I need to buy a ticket for them or not.
You need to buy a ticket.
Even Dave Duton has bought a ticket for his son Will.

didn't wait @replicas ticket already bought!!!!!

roll on easter!!!!

Daz can you check if you are getting any bounce backs on your email as I have had nothing from you since 27/1 ???

Cheers Kev

Will check the mail, might answer why I am still waiting to hear from you .
What machine are you bringing to the event Kev ?

8 BitFlip Competitions Update – Spaces Limited; Don’t Miss Out

The NLP Crew are pleased to announce that the tournaments on Sunday 5th April at the 8bitflip show will be;

1. The Pinball News PinGolf Tournament; 9 holes of challenging pinball objectives kindly presented by Martin Ayub. Entry fee £3
  2. The Northern Classics; A score based competition based on pre-DMD machines kindly presented by Kate Morris. Entry fee TBC

WPPR points will be awarded for performance in each of the two Sunday tournaments, and they will each count as a “Side Competition” for the UK Championship Series*

Entries for The Big Flip tournament on Saturday 4th April are selling quickly – if you are thinking of entering please don’t delay as there can be no increase over the maximum 64 places.

A list of players currently registered will be posted on our website shortly.

Please remember you will need a show ticket for each of the days you plan to enter a competition.

Show tickets will be offered to the General Public from this weekend and there is a maximum of 250 available for each day.

All tickets are available via our website : http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/

* Notes

• 8bitflip counts as one event for UK Championship Series purposes; your result will be the aggregate of your performance in The Big Flip (main competition), The Pinball News PinGolf tournament and the Northern Classics (side competitions). Side competitions count for 50% of the points value of the main competition
  • Each of the three tournaments at 8bitflip will be treated independently for WPPR points purposes
  • 8bitflip will take place at the Lostock Sports & Social Club, Works Lane, Northwich,CW9 7NW on 4th and 5th April 2015

Will check the mail, might answer why I am still waiting to hear from you .
What machine are you bringing to the event Kev ?

If you're sending mailshots out I've not had anything since 26th Jan either - Just been assuming you'd PM me on here though if you needed any info.

Give me a shout about setup on Friday and if you still want any assist on the weekend itself.

Rog

Back
Top Bottom