What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
best thing Matt was raving about how awesome the back box screen is and how the resolution is really clear yet the one on the playfield is a bit murky and kinda lets it down :p
He is old :rofl:View attachment 46393

He's not the only one to make that mistake !

Game is brilliant, best thing played in a long time.

Someone who arrived on the scene a couple of years ago, has claimed to know quite a lot and spreads a lot of stuff (so I'm lead to believe, I don't read the long posts). He's apparently made up his mind that Dutch Pinball are a good company and Heighway are bad - he HAS been to both factories (Andrew it seems was a little blasé about stuff, but then, who wouldn't want to be optimistic about their own business) the problem for me is that the and he had to sign an NDA which he has now broken for Heighway, which makes me doubt his morals. Whilst he went to the DP factory that was contracted so in reality that's not a realistic representation of their business.

It seems both businesses have issues, why he would want one to fail (he's been PMing people telling them to demand refunds for Alien) and not the other is a mystery to me. I do know that he seems to have come upon his conclusions based on supposition and heresay as opposed to facts. If he has concrete evidence, then I would like him to please provide it to us(here preferably).

Andrew has said an announcement is coming in the next few days, I guess we should all wait for that

For clarity: I've known Andrew around 10 years, I have nothing to do with his company, I'd like him to succeed and I am paid in full on an Alien

I've already responded to the total crap you've posted on Pinside.

What you're writing here is defamation. You're also doxxing ... and you're a staff member on this site.

You talk about me basing things on supposition ... you appear to be basing everything on things Andrew has told you - one of the least reliable sources for anything you could possibly imagine. If the information he was relaying to you was factual, it would still be a serious breach of customer confidentiality. He isn't entitled to discuss any of this with you.

For the record, the extremely limited NDA that I signed, and which he didn't have a suitable document for, I have not breached.

Andrew's problems are entirely of his making, and he should feel extremely fortunate if his continued machinations, and by extension those shilling for him, don't poison the cup of the deal that's being worked on. One that unsurprisingly, as an absolute requisite, means that he will be leaving.

DP have nothing to do with this, and you grossly misrepresent my public and private views on them. I'm simply not prepared to go blindly along with the mob, as should be clear to you.

Some of you really should know better. You either have no idea of the extent of the rot and are choosing to ignore all the warning signs, or do and continue to defend the indefensible.

Last edited:
I've already responded to the total crap you've posted on Pinside.

What you're writing here is defamation. You're also doxxing ... and you're a staff member on this site.

You talk about me basing things on supposition ... you appear to be basing everything on things Andrew has told you - one of the least reliable sources for anything you could possibly imagine. If the information he was relaying to you was factual, it would still be a serious breach of customer confidentiality. He isn't entitled to discuss any of this with you.

For the record, the extremely limited NDA that I signed, and which he didn't have a suitable document for, I have not breached.

Andrew's problems are entirely of his making, and he should feel extremely fortunate if his continued machinations, and by extension those shilling for him, don't poison the cup of the deal that's being worked on. One that unsurprisingly, as an absolute requisite, means that he will be leaving.

DP have nothing to do with this, and you grossly misrepresent my public and private views on them. I'm simply not prepared to go blindly along with the mob, as should be clear to you.

Some of you really should know better. You either have no idea of the extent of the rot and are choosing to ignore all the warning signs, or do and continue to defend the indefensible.

Yes I'm a staff member, if I've done anything incorrectly, I'll happily resign my post and whilst you think I'm doxxing, there is surely nothing malicious about your own name? I always stand behind my words if I need to and I have no problem people knowing that my name is Nick Marshall, I never have as I've answered to it all my life. FYI, the only thing that came from Andrew was the information about you having signed an NDA and that was in passing, hence I know about it (rightly or wrongly)

I'm not sure how I've "grossly" misrepresented your public views, I simply said you SEEM to have decided Heighway are bad and Dutch are good. I also don't know how I've defamed you as I believe I said "supposedly". If you're offended in any way then I do apologise, that's not my intent.

However, just to be clear, I don't nor have I ever, liked the superior way in which you write your posts, hence why you are on ignore on Pinside and I try to avoid reading your posts on here

Might be an idea @mufcmufc to take a backseat for a while until the 'announcement' happens, considering your ties to Andy it's going to be very hard to remain impartial, which is important for a moderator.

I think I've stated that I'm paid in full on Alien - I'd just quite like my game, that is my interest here. If I'm sticking up for the company, it's because I would quite like it to survive and give everyone who's paid anything towards purchasing a game their funds or their machine.

I disagree, I see Nick being impartial here, and anyway there's no harm in a moderator giving their personal opinion if they are upfront about it. All he's done is point out that rubberducks has been messaging people recommending they bail. And lots of us on here are friends with Andy. He may not be the best at communications sometimes but plenty on here want the best for him.

There Isn't an issue around being an administrator as in Nick's Case - he is entitled to his opinion and interest.
There is a possible issue around being an administrator AND an owner (such as myself). I have to be careful if and when i pass opinion, since it can be construed as being "actively engaged"... Hence why a lot of times i stand in the corner and just watch.... :)

There Isn't an issue around being an administrator as in Nick's Case - he is entitled to his opinion and interest.
There is a possible issue around being an administrator AND an owner (such as myself). I have to be careful if and when i pass opinion, since it can be construed as being "actively engaged"... Hence why a lot of times i stand in the corner and just watch.... :)

I heard you also film it on your phone, like the yoof :p

actually Paul - its your forum, you can do what you like :D its not a democracy, people are privileged to be able to have such a place to come and talk, but often standing out is a good thing I agree.

in my view whether folks like Andy or not; everyone is entitled to an opinion and should be allowed to post it; if they are mad they will be ignored as long as they don't break common decency or the law. Having seen people be ripped off then I'm going to warn people if I think they are in danger of losing out and give advice. hence why i have told people to get whatever money they can from DP as in my view thats a dead duck and their pyramid scheme with BOP3.0 only highlighted that; and yes thats what it is - a pyramid scheme. I really want an Alien but i'm not going to risk losing money and its clear whilst HW are making progress there does seem to be an element of risk at this point in time and I think its in the communities interest to highlight that.

Back
Top Bottom