What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress (Yet another) Cosmic Gunfight

OP
HomerRamone

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
I fixed it now - but of course now the solenoid aint firing. So I guess i've killed the transistor. (Voltage looks to be there so im guessing the pulse isnt)
Karma for not having to replace the stuck bumper one really I guess.

On the plus side the new transistors appeared today so will bang one in this evening.. see how it works out

OP
HomerRamone

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
Ive not actually put the cover on when that's happened.. but its flipped a number of times and still I look to make sure ive put it back the right way :D

OP
HomerRamone

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
Transistor replaced. Solenoid is alive again. Now to play it again and see what teething troubles there are.

OP
HomerRamone

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
Having finished rebuilding the playfield thought I would have go at fixing the backglass.
I will quite likely end up buying a replacement. But then what would I do with the old one. So armed with the knowledge that im probably going to get a new one I have nothing to lose by trying to fix it.

At a glance it looks ok...
back00.png
But on closer inspection - theres a plastic sticker on the front of the glass
back00b.png
Removed some of that - which shows were missing a chunk of image :(
back1.png
Some of the plastic remains here - but ringed areas are pretty much missing.
So, off to photshop land we go.
back2.png

Most of the art is back - just need to go "Rolling Stones" and paint it black :)
back3.png
Irritatingly ive lost a bit when removing some of the masking tape having painted the black. And I lost part of my T. However, Still looks way better than it did. I can touch these bits up I think.

Top Bottom