What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Williams Hurricane

Changed back to "In Progress", as I thought I better go through the backbox and learn more about that side of things.

I think working a little on the old CPU made me hanker for more understanding.

I had a connector that I could see had been cut up and a connecting block added with a different kind of 3 pin connector

IMG_20201121_205055__01.jpg
I'll zoom out a bit, so you can see the orange wires come out to a connecting block onto the bigger yellow wires with a blue jumper.
IMG_20201121_205102.jpg
Removing the connector uncovers shinnanigans. But I can see what's going on here, so that's cool.

IMG_20201121_205539__01.jpg

I guess it burnt? Someone didn't have the right 12 pin connector to hand, so chopped things up a little bit. I do worry about dicking about with this header, after seeing the through-holes disappear on the CPU PCB giving no conductivity. Wouldn't want the same to happen here.

I need to find a header for this. Surprisingly tricky at the moment, but I have a spare connector on hand already. 🙂

J115 is the GI, goes to GI fuses on the board, connects up to J120, which also has some jiggery pokery, look like this plug also had the last 2 pins chopped off and a quicky 2 pin connector used. I'll clean that up too if I can. Put a new connector on there.

IMG_20201121_204854.jpg

Question, if the board is on the bench, do I replace the caps while I have it off? They don't look particularly bad so why replace something that ain't broke. Other than, if it does, it's a ball ache later.

Dunno what to do about that one

Last edited:
Just reading @pinballheaven website and

"...problems with lamps and of course the melted general illumination connectors J115/J120/J121 which require replacement"

I guess that's me then! Haha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Been lagging behind on keeping up with shop logs so was awesome to check in on your project here, fantastic work so far mate, those ramps flame polished up real nice. Keep up the good work, wonderful to see a Hurricane getting some love.

Back
Top Bottom