What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Whitewater

Are you going to renew the rubber across the two right hand pops Gaz, or are you going to leave it out so that the ball can exit the pops down to the in/outlanes?

The game I borrowed for a while had this rubber across the pops as well, I kept meaning to remove it to see how it played without it, but of course I never got round to doing it. :oops:

Are you going to renew the rubber across the two right hand pops Gaz, or are you going to leave it out so that the ball can exit the pops down to the in/outlanes?

The game I borrowed for a while had this rubber across the pops as well, I kept meaning to remove it to see how it played without it, but of course I never got round to doing it. :oops:

I might get round to doing it ;)

Well, every WH20 I've ever played has had it there. I've read that by removing it, your pops action is reduced but although its initial reason for having the rubber there was to prevent it rocketing down the right outlane, people have reported no problems with this.
Later Roms are also programmed not to flag up a switch fault on that switch up there as its acknowledged that it won't get hit often.

I'm inclined to leave it personally. Anyone else tried both arrangements and have a preference ??

Well, every WH20 I've ever played has had it there. I've read that by removing it, your pops action is reduced but although its initial reason for having the rubber there was to prevent it rocketing down the right outlane, people have reported no problems with this.
Later Roms are also programmed not to flag up a switch fault on that switch up there as its acknowledged that it won't get hit often.

I'm inclined to leave it personally. Anyone else tried both arrangements and have a preference ??

I removed it ...but then I am hardcore :cool:

Its never been fitted on mine and I don't have any intention to put it there. I don't think you lose that many balls by it not being there to be honest. If anything its more likely to throw it STDM out of the pops.

Last edited:
Quick update

Been busy cleaning bags of bits.
All the ramps are done now and have come up a treat. The boulders were black but a trusty babywipe has those clean as a
whistle now.

Flippers rebuilt with new plungers, links, end stops and EOS switches.

Got my repaired Boulder with the boulder sign back on. I opted for Velcro as a) I don't have a river machine and b) as they seem prone to breaking of saves me grinding off the old rivet again if I need to change it again.
Plenty of boulders in stock now thanks to @Mfresh and @Mooseman :thumbs:

Getting there!!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Playfield treasure coved. Got all the kit out, did the 3 stages packed it all away, then saw the upper playfield sitting in the box all minging filthy dirty. Agh ********!

Still need to carnuba wax it but its come up really nice. Unfortunately I've noticed a cracked pop bumper skirt so now I've got to sort that. Really not looking forward to that!

All optos have been shotgunned. What a fiddly pain in the **** job that was.

Should be reassembling next week.
I CANNOT wait to play it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi gaz
Looking good....pop bumper skirts are easier than they look!......best to do all 3 whilst you are there...unless the other 2 have polished up nice n white....?....:);)
No sign of bw yet think martins allergic to the south.......:rofl:

Oh HI Kieth. Nice to see you on here. Bless Martin. If it's any consolation, it took me 3 months to get my Last delivery (not including wh20, that was arranged, picked up and dropped off in less than 3 days)

Hope it finds you well soon.

That's come up really nice mate :thumbs: If you're going to change the bumper skirts then maybe replacing with blue ones would look quite good (I always try and match bumper skirts to the general theme/colour of the playfield) :)

I was thinking that myself Chris. I've got white, blue and orange in stock but only 1 of each.

I might do the broken one, see how it looks or how much I hated doing it and go from there

That's come up really nice mate :thumbs: If you're going to change the bumper skirts then maybe replacing with blue ones would look quite good (I always try and match bumper skirts to the general theme/colour of the playfield) :)
That's exactly what I did to mine.

Progress has been slow on this due to pesky work getting in the way. Finally got it mechanically sound, so to speak. Had some opto dramas. Think they're sorted now with some new mini opto mount boards. I may have ruined the old ones with my awesome soldering skills whilst changing the optos. So far so good though.

Been tinkering with different LEDS and think I've got a nice mix. Gone with warm white with blue in the whirlpool and river targets, led flashers and appropriate coloured inserts.

I've put a new bumper skirt on (a first for me).

I just need to put the ramps and boulders back on and it should be playable.

Still need to replace the topper bulbs and clean the cab up a bit.

Here's a couple of pics of the rebuild so far. Crap pictures, sorry.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A couple more pics of the reassembly. It's been fairly straightforward so far everything works.

Just waiting for a couple of mods to arrive before I put the insanity falls ramp back on. Then I'm done!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks really nice man - get yourself a set of boulder protectors well worth it - loving the blue and white posts!!

That FT is screaming re-decal me - redecal me !!!

CHeers Kev

Cheers Kev. That FT is the rare "ice white LE"

But it really does need a redecal
Fancy the gig Kev :thumbs:

You may be interested in one of these plastic pieces if you haven't seen them: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-missing-plastic-coming-soon

The 2 lights underneath the insanity falls ramp can be a bit too bright without something covering them. I've bought one for my WH20 and it looks good quality. Not fitted it yet though as I'm waiting to do a full shop after I finish my STTNG.

Interesting mate. Thanks. My mate put a colour changing led in that space and it seemed to work well.

Cheers Kev. That FT is the rare "ice white LE"

But it really does need a redecal
Fancy the gig Kev :thumbs:
It would depend when you want it doing as hands a bit full at the moment!!! It must be one of the best machines to re-decal looks stunning afterwards

Cheers Kev

Don't worry Kev it wouldn't be for at least 6 months. My missus wont be to pleased if I spend more money on pinball !!!

Great work Gaz it's coming along a treat buddy.
You're going to end up with a terrific game there. Whitewater rocks.

Back
Top Bottom