What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you keep your pins?

Cheers for the generator advice guys. I just nabbed a second hand Honda EU20i off eBay that I'll pick up this week - after reading lots of opinions on generators I decided that a second hand Honda is better than most other new generators TBH!bargain.

Paid under half what they go for new and from everything I've read these Hondas basically go on forever, so I should be golden!

As per title guys. Garage or house? etc

I have converted my detached single garage into a games room. I have an upright vid which plays several thousand games, a T3, a Roadshow by the end of the week and possibly an Independence Day also, plus I'm currently building a permanent scenic slot car rally track at the other end. Scalextric for short :D

So if your collection is in the garage, do you heat it or not?? if so, what with. I currently have a small oil filed rad just taking the edge off, but half the garage and the ceiling is insulated and blue rubber matting on the floor.

Simon
I used an oil filled rad for one winter and my energy bill went up £500 in 6 months!!!

Yes agree, you have to be careful when installing heaters;as you say Matt,they're not going to be as efficient as anything in the home. Garages and sheds need to be insulated, and the thicker the better. Had my oil filled rad on setting 1 or 2 during the night and switched off sometimes during the day to save money.

I used an oil filled rad for one winter and my energy bill went up £500 in 6 months!!!
Your not suppose to have it on all the time. Buy a timer and have it coming on at 6 in the evening and off at 9 pm. Three hours should keep to a temperature that will be enough to to protect your pins and bring the temp up to a level that's more than enough to play your machines.
That's what I have mine set on and it works a treat.

Your not suppose to have it on all the time. Buy a timer and have it coming on at 6 in the evening and off at 9 pm. Three hours should keep to a temperature that will be enough to to protect your pins and bring the temp up to a level that's more than enough to play your machines.
That's what I have mine set on and it works a treat.
I had it set to keep the room at a constant temperature (about 15 degrees) but the insulation of the extension was pretty poor.

Back
Top Bottom