What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you keep your pins?

I'm looking forward to putting more pinball machines in the cabin, just so I can store crap under them ;)
Today's the day then Luke.
Get all those machines in the cabin,set up and once all the powers finished, get playing them.
Then fill underneath the machines with crap.

Mine are all coming home in the coming weeks due to liberating some space so am pretty excited, 3 of which I really need to spend some time with, JM owned for about about 4 years (about 2 hours play max) CFTBL (45 mins) & Congo (about an hour), also coming home, IJ (no2), BSD and my dead TAF, my BOP will also come out of storage and there's a bit of space left that will be taken up by the MMr and maybe a couple of transit machines (modders not keepers).
Sounds like you are going to be busy.

Busy recovering from a hernia, they are all going up the the 1st floor + all 3 doors need to be removed, no biggie but they will all be a Rizla paper between backbox and door casings job.

Last edited:
Busy recovering from a hernia, they are all going up the the 1st floor + all 3 doors need to be removed, no biggie but they will all be a Rizla paper between backbox and door casings job.
No one near that can lend a hand?

I have heard it's like the Bermuda triangle around where Dreads lives.
And even worse there are loads of sheep.

I would like to let you English know that people do not stop shagging sheep (perish the thought :rolleyes:)
because of an imaginary line on a map and I do believe that a lift is in order to help with ones burdens :rofl: wot wot wot wot wot!

I would like to let you English know that people do not stop shagging sheep (perish the thought :rolleyes:)
because of an imaginary line on a map and I do believe that a lift is in order to help with ones burdens :rofl: wot wot wot wot wot!

Yes they do... ;)

Saying that, At least you're not voting for Independence (YET!) :rofl:

Mines in the 'back' room which I guess technically is the dining room as it's where we eat. It's also the room where our foster daughter watches TV and plays, so it's seen as 'her room'.

Wife has already agreed we need a pinball room when we move house so that's part of the battle out of the way. Just need to get the wedding sorted and then we can start looking at moving. Can't come soon enough for me as only having room for 1 Pin is really proving tricky.

My first pin (DESW, hoping to post a shop log this weekend finally) is in my garage. There's no power and it's behind a block of flats so I can't really change that so I'll be nabbing something like this to work on it and play it! http://www.caravantechnology.com/CLT-Powerpack-400-P190.aspx

Edit: Scratch that, going to need a generator I think. Bugger, good ones aren't cheap!

Last edited:
Currently 8 in entrance/dining room. One out of loan (increasing to two shortly) until I can sort my outbuilding. If that comes to plan, will be space for 15 within it.

officepic.jpg

In my office. The good news is I have plenty of space for at least another 6!

My first pin (DESW, hoping to post a shop log this weekend finally) is in my garage. There's no power and it's behind a block of flats so I can't really change that so I'll be nabbing something like this to work on it and play it! http://www.caravantechnology.com/CLT-Powerpack-400-P190.aspx

Edit: Scratch that, going to need a generator I think. Bugger, good ones aren't cheap!

i run mine on a genny, the prices vary a lot as does the quality, noise, size and weight etc etc etc. i did a load of research into it at the time, and settled on a Honda EU30is, which is no noisier than a hoover and puts out up to 3.5KW (output is matched to load) so it can cope with up to 4 pins going mad at once i think. it's usually just me in there but sometimes i have friends playing too. this one cost me £1600. it's too heavy for one person to lift, but it rolls on wheels. an alternative is the suitcase-sized 25kg Honda ?10, that @Matt Adams used in our Worthing trip, only big enough for one pin (i think?) but a more reasonable £800.

anyway, happy to help so pm me if you want any input in your choice. the good thing about a genny is that you should hopefully be able to get it past the wife as a possible future emergency power source, or for camping or an outdoor concert or something.

photo 1.JPG.jpg IMG_1692.JPG Ivan playing ACDC on Worthing seafront.jpg

I regret the day I rush bought a 2kw large generator over saving up for one of these suitcase types.
Mine is massive which makes it harder to store and move about. If the whole point of a genny is to get power to a remote location, being able to move it is a key point.
Dan's is heavy but on wheels and easy to move.
The next issue is that mine is very noisy.

Put the two things together and I have a machine where I am more likely to run a long extension cable to the place I need leccy or just not bother at all. Thus I have a engine that rarely gets used and therefore won't work in an emergency or the apocalypse so renders itself useless.

Dan's type is the far better option and you get what you pay for. Next time I buy a genny, it will be a suitcase type.

I can squeeze 3 tables in my 'cave' but gets a bit cramped....so now 3rd table is in the lounge waiting to be sold.....then I might try and squeeze a 'new' 3rd table in again ;)

i263.photobucket.com_albums_ii128_dodie1975_Mancave_Cave_zps7d5c3127.jpg

Back
Top Bottom