What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your thoughts on UKPinfest 2020 if it takes place? - POLL

Will you attend UKPinfest 2020?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So a very small proportion of them are stupid enough to flock to the seaside, and that means that the other 9 million furloughed people should be left jobless and destitute?

That doesn't seem like an over reaction at all.

why are 9m people furloughed now?

now 90% of businesses can re-open - get back to work time so the rest of us paying for this don't end up destitute.

Neil.

Got to be realistic. Folk in high density populations have faced issues getting rid of stuff during lock down as the geniuses in local government shut down the tips.

A significant proportion of the population will just leave rubbish behind if they cannot easily dispose of it properly. Not right. Just a fact of life. Punishment, meaningful fines (£1000 plus) and reeducation might be the ideal answer, the realistic one with the level of capability in this society is to provide bins

nah Dave that's bull****. There is absolutely no need for that crap to be left on the beach. Its the usual British bull**** of people not wanting to work for a living and do **** all and get the state to change their nappies and wipe their ****s for them.

I’m done with staying at home locked in when with measure things can be done to lower the risk so some sort of normality returns.

This is how I feel.

I'm careful, wash my hands and wipe things down and keep my distance but crikey I really want to meet up with some people.

Mrs Gonzo is a midwife and community nurse so we're fully aware of the implications and mindful that the virus is likely to be seasonal and spike again (the hospital is preparing for precisely that).

But I'm sick of being a hermit.

Quite frankly a few games of pinball and a p1$$ up at the bar sounds absolutely charming.

Weird day today. Left London for the first time since lockdown as I had to go to a close friends funeral in Somerset.

London traffic absolutely dreadful. Back up to normal levels.

Stopped off briefly in Wiltshire. Not a mask in sight at the garage. Very relaxed atmosphere.

At the funeral, no social distancing, no masks. The priest touching hold of people. Pews no further apart than normal. no attempt to stop singing etc. Strangers coming up afterwards wanting to shake hands etc and looking offended when people didn’t respond. 30 or so people at the wake passing drinks round and eating from communal plates.

It very much fell into two camps with people from london and Cheltenham looking flabbergasted while the Somerset lot were back to business as usual. Guess people have had very different times over the last few months. None of the Taunton lot had known people who had been ill, much less died.

on the way back London traffic is still heavy. Where are people going at 10:30 on a Friday night at the moment?

After speaking to BACTA and a chat with a few others today have to say that even as much as we want to get back to normal to do what is required for pinfest would be way too hard right now.

The guidelines they have agreed is that machines need to be cleaned ideally after every one has finished using them - once way systems, risk assessments. Machines would have to have super low or no volume etc the limitations just make it unviable and it certainly wouldn’t be any fun.
So changing my vote to no and hands up on being wrong about how hard it would be to run an event like pinfest.

The only events that could be ran need significant limitations of people and a lot of effort of the staff/volunteers to clean stuff cobstantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Weird day today. Left London for the first time since lockdown as I had to go to a close friends funeral in Somerset.

Stopped off briefly in Wiltshire. Not a mask in sight at the garage. Very relaxed atmosphere.

At the funeral, no social distancing, no masks. The priest touching hold of people. Pews no further apart than normal. no attempt to stop singing etc. Strangers coming up afterwards wanting to shake hands etc and looking offended when people didn’t respond. 30 or so people at the wake passing drinks round and eating from communal plates.

It very much fell into two camps with people from london and Cheltenham looking flabbergasted while the Somerset lot were back to business as usual. Guess people have had very different times over the last few months. None of the Taunton lot had known people who had been ill, much less died.

on the way back London traffic is still heavy. Where are people going at 10:30 on a Friday night at the moment?

That part of the country had very little infections so maybe that’s why but holy **** it’s scarey what’s going on.

Sorry to hear that John.

All the best

So folk don't need to shout. Hypothesis is that shouting/ singing projects the virus further than mere talking

now 90% of businesses can re-open - get back to work time so the rest of us paying for this don't end up destitute.

Neil.

100% agree on thisfurloughed should be scrapped now most people are very happy to sit on there **** for 80% of there wage and don’t want to go back and the employer’s got no incentive to de furlough anybody when the tax payer is footing the bill

People packing out the beach will not cause a 2nd spike. It wont help granted. It is a virus. Most have a 2nd wave naturally.

I do not really give a rats backside if these people get cv19, because I do not know anyone who has been stupid enough to do this.... I do not think I know any friends of friends who have done this, It is SMALL PERCENTAGE of people.

Most the country locked down as instructed.

Last edited:
Ahh Glorious Smallheath.... Nice little drive past my office there (although it wasnt seen)... I was there a few weeks ago in lockdown.... Was exactly the same!!! Motorways were dead, A45 was dead.. Smallheath was Rammed!

Me and GF will be there! (If it goes ahead, which does not look to hopefully judging by the poll lol)

Last edited:
People packing out the beach will not cause a 2nd spike. It wont help granted. It is a virus. Most have a 2nd wave naturally.

I do not really give a rats backside if these people get cv19, because I do not know anyone who has been stupid enough to do this.... I do not think I know any friends of friends who have done this, It is SMALL PERCENTAGE of people.

not sure about that - Florida cases high and lots of beaches open.

...It is SMALL PERCENTAGE of people.

Disagree. Roads almost up to standard traffic levels (Excluding rush hour which DOES still seem a fair bit quieter)...
I dont know anyone that will ADMIT to this... but when things are starting to get much busier out there...

Example - Costa drive through earlier - 10 cars in front of me.

People are listening... but they are being selective in their listening... Queuing in McDonalds... Burger king etc etc. Much busier as ever (Admittedly restaurants still closed though)...

Yes i would go yes i would bring pins. Masks and Sanitiser don’t bother me. We need something like this to bring us back togethor.

Neil.

Businesses are over using furlough as a cost cutting exercise during a difficult time. Many large firms are also using it to test how few staff they can actually function with. The government need to ensure that any companies that lay staff off, also have to pay that furlough money back!

Just seen they’ve announced the first city lockdown in Leicester.

Will be interesting to see how they try to enforce this. Will there be restrictions on movement to stop people driving to shops/pubs in nearby towns?

Having lived in Evington/Highfields for 4 years in the 90s I know the area reasonably well. Very little outside space with back to back houses and no gardens for a lot of the property. High population density, large extended families and HMOs. Restricting the pubs for another two weeks probably would have relatively little impact but restricting mosques / places of worship would have a big impact on the area.

Guess it’s better to have a rolling series of local lockdowns rather than the whole country again. I wonder if they would try to do London by borough rather than the whole area.

"People should avoid all but essential travel to, from, and within Leicester and should 'stay at home as much as you can' "

No news yet on how you're meant to test your eyesight though

For me - with precautions in place this is a potential, but TBH I don’t see pinfest happening this year.

Roll on 2021!

Somehow I don’t see social distancing being lifted in 2 months time

Just being realistic here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally Alan - lockdown is heading back with a vengeance :( it’s a shame for those who did things right that a minority are going to wreck it for all.

Neil

As predictable as sunrise considering all of the conditions prior to this point. I wish I could point to singular things to blame but honestly the entire handling from day 1 in this country has been omnishambles.

Just depressing all round.

I believe in the news this week there was mention that as of this week meetings of 30 or more people are now officially banned... so legally no longer possible..???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom