What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

Plays real nice. The drawing as a reward for finishing modes is a nice touch. I have had Cleland's sound mix on previously and I have to say that with the current software I don't miss Cleland's mix particularly. Certainly I would say it's worth upgrading rather than waiting for Cleland if that's what you were thinking about.

The more I play this game the more I like it. Barely played anything else for the last two weeks!

Can’t see any video mode happening don’t think any tv type screen game has one and I have yet to see a thrilling video mode on any pinball

Can’t see any video mode happening don’t think any tv type screen game has one and I have yet to see a thrilling video mode on any pinball

I have to disagree, The Star Wars Falcon is video mode is excellent. Everyone I know who has played it thinks it’s great, with excellent risk reward with the ‘turbo’ speed.

I got my first drawing, noticed it said get 11 (either 11 or 11 more, didn't quite catch it) to get an EB.

Anyone know if there's a further purpose to collecting drawings?

I got my first drawing, noticed it said get 11 (either 11 or 11 more, didn't quite catch it) to get an EB.

Anyone know if there's a further purpose to collecting drawings?

From the update notes:

- Added logic to allow Chapter modes to add +1 or +2 Drawings for completing a mode.
- Added logic to Light Extra Ball upon collecting a set number of drawing, i.e. default
setting = 11 Drawings.
- Added a "Collect Drawings" award to the End of Ball Bonus rule. Drawings are collected
throughout the game, mostly by finishing Chapter Modes. Each drawing collected adds to
an award that is given at Bonus and at the start of Send it Back, Light the Fire, and
Final Showdown Multiball.

Ah was hoping something a bit better than just stacking points on end of ball bonus - maybe a special mode you can get to after collecting X drawings.

Having a stranger things morning.

Really liking the drawings additions and the various extra video clips. It does make my favourite part of the game alittle more frustrating though as i always go for modes and try to complete them. When you miss a final shot and get nothing for the effort, much swearing ensues!!

Some more thoughts on code additions.

Drawings needs its own high score entry. I have managed 4 as my best this morning so far

Other ideas for lockdown button use:
1) spot 3-5 demodog targets in mode or 2-3 arrow shots
2) continue a mode if you drain whilst its still running and haven't completed it

Having a stranger things morning.

Really liking the drawings additions and the various extra video clips. It does make my favourite part of the game alittle more frustrating though as i always go for modes and try to complete them. When you miss a final shot and get nothing for the effort, much swearing ensues!!

Some more thoughts on code additions.

Drawings needs its own high score entry. I have managed 4 as my best this morning so far

Other ideas for lockdown button use:
1) spot 3-5 demodog targets in mode or 2-3 arrow shots
2) continue a mode if you drain whilst its still running and haven't completed it

Got 7 drawings today, the new code defo feels like it’s dialed down the scoring or I’m not on usual form 😂 600 mill on this code so far, 1.3 bill on the last code although I haven’t got towards the last modes yet. 9 is my best on this code up to now.

Finally managed it tonight, finished all the modes and what a final wizard mode it is. Totally awesome game 👌 don’t think I’ll be knocking my GC score off in a while 😂

Attachments

• 3EE2C360-B584-4DEC-A5FF-16FC008DA852.jpeg
    3EE2C360-B584-4DEC-A5FF-16FC008DA852.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 13
  • A89708DC-94B0-4CBC-B6C1-4EF35073C24B.jpeg
    A89708DC-94B0-4CBC-B6C1-4EF35073C24B.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 12
You just can't beat having a machine at home.

I was underwhelmed the first time I played it but I'm hooked now.

Stern make some cracking games and this is up there with Deadpool, Elvira & JP2 for me.

I'm not even sure what I like about it yet but it keeps me coming back. The UV kit is wonderful

Shots are great and the game is fast but not too much. The lights are clearly defined so it's obvious what your next shot should be.

A few cheap drains but Eddy does like to chuck the ball down the middle to keep you honest.

If I were being ultra fussy I'd add some 80's music and sort the callouts but in terms of shots rules, theme, look and lighting it's really top notch.

I got to a great 6 ball multiball on a timer which was great fun too. 👍

20201219_223742.jpg

Fair enough, but just so you know it doesn’t require any tweaking as such - you just load the modified software onto a spare SD card and switch it out with the one which is in the game. If you switch back to the original SD care it’s like it never happened.

Fair enough, but just so you know it doesn’t require any tweaking as such - you just load the modified software onto a spare SD card and switch it out with the one which is in the game. If you switch back to the original SD care it’s like it never happened.
I didn't think it was available for code v1.0?

Back
Top Bottom