What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watches

Bought several with no problems. Stick to dealers though, I bought a seamaster private and the date doesn't work. With a dealer I'd complain and get it fixed. Under warranty but can't be bothered as it's too small to read anyway!

Thanks guys been on chrono 24 anyone bought there? Seems to be a variety of private & dealers, have chrono 24 verified the watches? How do I know I’m not buying a fake? Some offer a guarantee some don’t? What about papers box etc? Seems to make a difference in price? I suppose it’s worth “this” with everything and less without? Probably just depends what each individual is happy with I suppose
Thanks Tony
I wouldn’t buy say a Rolex without box and papers personally.
I would stay clear of the private sellers too as no guarantees.
There is always the chance you could be buying a Frankenstein watch unless a seller has used their own watch smith to inspect the internals.
As they say, buy the dealer first. Check reviews, there coy, see if they are a “bricks and mortar business”. You can contact them outside of Chrono24 to get a better deal and go collect the watch.
It’s a buyers market right now.
The COVID crazy prices are dropping.
I think within next 6 years these grey market scalpers who deal in Rolex will take a nose dive.
Rolex have started their guaranteed pre owned sales and the new factory will be built 2029.
The Grey marketeers are full of sh1t most of the time when talking about watch industry pricing.
Earlier this year… the John Mayer Daytona was discontinued. Dealers were saying this will command a 120k premium. Peeps were buying at around 100k for a Rolex RRP watch around 33k.
You can now pick one up around 60k…lol
Also the Panda Daytona RRP circa 12.5k going for 35k….silly but even that is dropping to 27k

Another option….

I bought my PP from European Watch Co in Boston USA, fantastic service and great to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom