What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2022 Machine donation thread

I am inspecting everyone's strapping technique.

Just a friendly reminder that if you go around horizontally you need to be careful that the strap doesn't get bumped up and off the head.

And also be considerate about where the ratchet buckle ends up. It could end up rubbing against the van wall or a machine next to it. Ideally I try to leave the buckle in the diagonal air gap between body and head.
Did I win?

One from earlier in the week...
20220823_123247.jpg

JP sideways because of the topper🥴

Problem is with that way you can’t put everything in the cash box and just forget about it as you then have to remove the strap to get the leg bolts out of the machine

Has any horizontal strap slipped the head is tappered in favour of it staying put?

All these years attending shows and I've never seen or heard of it happening.

I'd also be weary of some nails on the floor of a Luton compromising the strap if the gliders are worn down.

No shrink wrap here, seems wasteful 😆
(Except it's good for keeping the legs together)

Might have to scrap DINER from our donation.
Got home from work and turned it on to give it a quick test before packing it up and it doesn't boot, we get a garbled display that looks like U41 FAILURE.

Will get advice but if that IC has failed I don't see how we'll get a replacement in time unless someone has one they can bring to Pinfest? (Luckly it's socketted).

Will consider what to bring instead as it's not looking good😓

reseat the ribbon cables
Tried, tried a working IC from another game and still dead. I started a thread regarding it but it looks like I'm going to have to send the board off, hopefully to Jim if he'll have it again 😆🤦🏻‍♂️

Claire's distraught that we can't take her Diner. Thinking of bringing Fish Tales instead as there isn't one except in the comp bank?

Has any one got a data East guns n roses to bring! Massive gun's fan and never played one

Back
Top Bottom