What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2022 Machine donation thread

Having just reread through the thread again from start to finish -

I'm surprised how many people who are commenting about or 'suggesting' games to bring aren't pledging games to bring themselves 🤔

It seems to be mainly the same people as previous years bringing vanloads of pins themselves, despite the influx of new people.

I'm surprised how many people who are commenting about or 'suggesting' games to bring aren't pledging games to bring themselves 🤔

It seems to be mainly the same people as previous years bringing vanloads of pins themselves, despite the influx of new people.
Same as every year but we are at capacity so what’s it matter and also if everyone brought a pin then they would get free entry so the show would not be viable if people didn’t pay entry they wouldn’t be a show

When I was working out what the event would cost to run, I figured the cheapest way would be to have a person bring a pin in the car. If everyone did that, that would be 100 pins for 100 VIP tickets. So £50 each

A luton with 8 pins is going to work out at about £550 this year plus the 2 VIP tickets as they normally travel in a pair. So that's roughly £81.25 each

I'm dreading the transport costs this year with all the associated costs rocketing :eek:

When I was working out what the event would cost to run, I figured the cheapest way would be to have a person bring a pin in the car. If everyone did that, that would be 100 pins for 100 VIP tickets. So £50 each

A luton with 8 pins is going to work out at about £550 this year plus the 2 VIP tickets as they normally travel in a pair. So that's roughly £81.25 each

I'm dreading the transport costs this year with all the associated costs rocketing :eek:
Doing a great job phil we appreciate it

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone donating not only their pins, but their money and their time for this event.

Can't wait, really looking forward to it!

We're bringing 8 in a Luton and one in a car 🥵
Never driven or used a Luton van before but Swavesey was our first time taking a pin out and it went ok, so we've jumped to loading and bringing 8 😂(we're bringing four of James prized sys80bs too)

On that note, how does it work when you get to the hotel in a Luton? Have I missed any details about what the procedure is and how donating pins works?

We're bringing 8 in a Luton and one in a car 🥵
Never driven or used a Luton van before but Swavesey was our first time taking a pin out and it went ok, so we've jumped to loading and bringing 8 😂(we're bringing four of James prized sys80bs too)

On that note, how does it work when you get to the hotel in a Luton? Have I missed any details about what the procedure is and how donating pins works?
I know some people are arriving on Thursday I think to begin setup?

I'm arriving on Friday midday in a transit. Good on you for bringing a Luton 0_o.

They guide you to the back where a team assists with the unloading and parking is plentiful (thankfully) so you can whack the luton in the parking bays at the back out of the way.

I'm not sure on who's responsible for setup @Big Phil can you provide the low down and ensure what I just said is right :D

Scott

I know some people are arriving on Thursday I think to begin setup?

I'm arriving on Friday midday in a transit. Good on you for bringing a Luton 0_o.

They guide you to the back where a team assists with the unloading and parking is plentiful (thankfully) so you can whack the luton in the parking bays at the back out of the way.

I'm not sure on who's responsible for setup @Big Phil can you provide the low down and ensure what I just said is right :D

Scott

Or alternatively you can pull up outside the main reception and block the entrance to the foyer. Scream out of the window, "where's the fookin valet, don't you know who I am?".

Walk into the hotel, throw your keys aggressively at the hotel concierge and order them to unload the Luton in a satisfactory manner or there'll be no tip.

Go to the bar, fire-up a cigar, order a cocktail and a foot massage whilst the van is unloaded and parked. Sorted.

Drive around the back of the hotel and there'll be people wandering around scratching their heads/ar$e$

You're in the right location.

Or alternatively you can pull up outside the main reception and block the entrance to the foyer. Scream out of the window, "where's the fookin valet, don't you know who I am?".

Walk into the hotel, throw your keys aggressively at the hotel concierge and order them to unload the Luton in a satisfactory manner or there'll be no tip.

Go to the bar, fire-up a cigar, order a cocktail and a foot massage whilst the van is unloaded and parked. Sorted.
Typical West Ham.. You bringing your ICF cards to pinfest? ;)

Arriving Friday afternoon 👍 wasn't lucky enough to get Thursday off work 😓

A couple of last minute points for everyone.....

We're on site from Thursday 1pm so if you're travelling on Thursday, we can get you unloaded. Thursday evening at the hotel is a great relaxed atmosphere. A few warm up drinks and banter. If you haven't booked but fancy it, it may be worth contacting the hotel to extend your stay. You may be able to get in.

Follow the road around the hotel clockwise. Drive past reception and around the back of the hotel. You'll see the loading bay doors.

Once you've unloaded, you can park in the car park.

Register your vehicle at reception.

You will be given a wrist band which gives you VIP access and access to the room around the event hours for cleaning and maintenance of your machines if need be. Please don't abuse this just for playing games.

Pack up starts as soon as the event ends. Do not drive your vehicle up to the doors until your machines are ready to be loaded. We haven't had any issues in the past and it's all been very friendly and efficient but if you try and buck the system, you'll have Liz to deal with. And may God help you!

We have some translites from Stern to give away to the machine donators. A draw will be done at some point over the weekend.

I'm afraid AIQ will arrive quite late on the Friday as my flight only lands at 7pm and thereafter I need to get home, load the machine in the car and drive to Daventry. Next year I'll try to make it on the Thursday evening instead!

Don't forget peeps, bring some coins for the charity machines in the hotel foyer.
IIRC we raised over 500 quid.
I should remember as I helped @replicas count some of it.

Pack up well on way!

Attachments

• E2684293-818C-49EE-A878-06C4DEDD8F7A.jpeg
    E2684293-818C-49EE-A878-06C4DEDD8F7A.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 19
  • 08C96E6A-C421-4C0C-908F-1ECEEF144151.jpeg
    08C96E6A-C421-4C0C-908F-1ECEEF144151.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 63F45769-0A65-4947-8DAF-EF97CE1A17D3.jpeg
    63F45769-0A65-4947-8DAF-EF97CE1A17D3.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 14
  • FA72B00D-3FD5-48FE-A252-052BEA86BA63.jpeg
    FA72B00D-3FD5-48FE-A252-052BEA86BA63.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 17
  • A1BEE8E9-8D61-437B-AE3C-74E8899B4AFB.jpeg
    A1BEE8E9-8D61-437B-AE3C-74E8899B4AFB.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 19
I am inspecting everyone's strapping technique.

Just a friendly reminder that if you go around horizontally you need to be careful that the strap doesn't get bumped up and off the head.

And also be considerate about where the ratchet buckle ends up. It could end up rubbing against the van wall or a machine next to it. Ideally I try to leave the buckle in the diagonal air gap between body and head.

Back
Top Bottom