What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
Just getting it out there so you can reserve those dates. Talking to other venues but pretty sure it'll be at Daventry again. We're negotiating.

I'll have to be damn strict on costs as I don't want to lose money again. I won't have the startup costs so that's a saving! May have to increase ticket prices slightly plus I should make a bit of a saving from the hotel negotiations.

Anyway, it's happening. reserve the dates!

Also if you don't use Eventbrite for tickets then that will save you quite a bit too. Sure most of use here would be happy to do paypal gift so no fees.

Yep I would, question is though would the general public...

The reason i paid cash on the day is because i begrudge giving money to companies that make it off the back of other people.

To be fair, they offer a service that means an organiser doesn't have to worry about ticket sales, validation, payments etc. Fine if you want to organise it yourself and keep a track of paid/havnen't paid, but if you want all that done, then no-one is going to do it for free.

I think the cost of entry needs to cover the costs of the event so Phil isn't out of pocket, so if it goes up a few quid, that's a price worth paying to have a sustainable event over the coming years!

I always think of the cost of the big events in terms of how much would that have cost me if the games were on coin play..... and when you look at it like the cost of entry to me seems likes a BARGIN!
Pretty sure I've been through £20 in about 1:30 in Tilt/Brewdog -(Which I'm very happy to do, as games in the wild are good and need playing!) But even though I was only there for the Saturday I was playing for 4-5 hours, so it's outstanding value for money in my opinion.
People who were there all weekend probably played hundreds of games each!

I guess year 2 might be a bit easier to budget as there are some figures from this year to compare it too

Looking forward to it already :)

To be fair, they offer a service that means an organiser doesn't have to worry about ticket sales, validation, payments etc. Fine if you want to organise it yourself and keep a track of paid/havnen't paid, but if you want all that done, then no-one is going to do it for free.

I think the cost of entry needs to cover the costs of the event so Phil isn't out of pocket, so if it goes up a few quid, that's a price worth paying to have a sustainable event over the coming years!

I am well aware of the service they provide and what its used for. Hence why i'd rather give Phil cash.

I loved it this year, so i'll definitely be there again next year. I'm glad it's staying in Daventry, it's just a 35 minute drive for me from home, so easy to do a couple of days :)

As @Nickoss II said above. Put the entry ticket prices up as they are a bargain. Too cheap for a whole weekend of fun. I'm sure everyone will be happy to pay a bit more so that we have this great event each year.

Contract signed!

Room rates as follows: -

Thursday - £55
Friday single - £60, Friday double/twin - £70
Saturday single - £60, Saturday double/twin - £70
Sunday single £60, double/twin - £70

Bed & breakfast.

Same as before, call the hotel and quote UKPinfest. Make sure you do it during the hours of 9am-5pm so you get to speak to the hotel and not central booking. 01327 307000

(Sunday price edited)

Last edited:
Just tried to book said the contract hasn't come across yet.

Does anyone know the cancelation policy on the hotel? I want to book a room for me and my friends, but my work is unable to confirm my holiday for a while. I want to have the assurance that if something fall through, i can cancel if need be.

Check when you book, but this years rate could be cancelled up to 2pm on the day of arrival, else first night chargeable.

I just booked the hotel, but they said the contract only has the above rates for helpers (not for visitors) - they did the £70 for Friday/Sat, but would not do the £55 for Sunday (did £70 same as other days)

not that it matters that much, but thought you may like to be aware.

Ahhh right, I've misread the contract. The Sunday special will be for me and my staff. Sorry about the confusion!

Back
Top Bottom