What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKCS 2019

Ok.. so it’s not how many events one enters then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is Ben - @Arv is saying that a player can be really good but has a low ranking because they play in only one or a small number of events - they will appear to be lower down the list than the level they really play at. Similarly true of an average or poor player playing in many events will appear higher than the level they really play at...

I however don't do many events and play crap most of the time, so I think I'm about right!

It is Ben - @Arv is saying that a player can be really good but has a low ranking because they play in only one or a small number of events - they will appear to be lower down the list than the level they really play at. Similarly true of an average or poor player playing in many events will appear higher than the level they really play at...

I however don't do many events and play crap most of the time, so I think I'm about right!

Cheers MartinY you did better than me in funball 4 round 3

UKCS standings with Festive Gathering included now updated and attached. Four people still have a possible chance to make top 20 at the last meet of the year - Paul Owen, Leo, CJ and Martyn Isles.

Attachments

• UKCS 2019.xlsx
    220.3 KB · Views: 29
It’s used as part of the lobster meet - which I was surprised by given the scale of those events compared to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@thelab yes Vin:)

But as per UKCS rules, any event where more than one comp held at same venue, same weekend, all comps count as only one event for UKCS, so Pinball Newa Cup inlcuded in Monster Meet (you can see this in the data tab).

Dan's changing it next year so all events will count individually.

Lol the monster meet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have updated the UKCS to give a guide as to final positions. Unlikely to change but is not 100% confirmed as depends on TGP and rating from IFPA.

Attachments

• UKCS 2019.xlsx
    186.1 KB · Views: 30
Have updated the UKCS to give a guide as to final positions. Unlikely to change but is not 100% confirmed as depends on TGP and rating from IFPA.

Looking at the standings I end up half way down the table! Roll on 2020 hopefully be able to improve on my standing. At least this is something I’ve not come bottom in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually Ben, you actually still came last I'm afraid. If you look at who completed 13 events you are right at the bottom. But the good thing is that you can only go up!

Actually Ben, you actually still came last I'm afraid. If you look at who completed 13 events you are right at the bottom. But the good thing is that you can only go up!

Fair enough.... all to play for in 2020!

My scores are slowly improving it’s a marathon not a sprint! Some of these people have been playing all their lives I’ve only been at it for a year and 4 months give or take.

He can be a bit - I’m last in most comps but not in the overall ukcs table there are a good hundred below me who have taken part in less comps

Hey, i promised myself i would go to more comps this year.... that never happened, so i cant talk!! :)

He can be a bit - I’m last in most comps but not in the overall ukcs table there are a good hundred below me who have taken part in less comps

You are keen Ben, which is more important than being good (you seem pretty decent anyhow)

I play pinball because I like it, not because I want WPPR points and be highly ranked etc
yes it’s nice to ranked but it doesnt improve the enjoyment of the game (for me anyway)

I feel the enjoyment of the game is lost on a few people on here that simply wont rate games unless they can be used in tournaments etc (not aimed at anyone in particular)

You are keen Ben, which is more important than being good (you seem pretty decent anyhow)

I play pinball because I like it, not because I want WPPR points and be highly ranked etc
yes it’s nice to ranked but it doesnt improve the enjoyment of the game (for me anyway)

I feel the enjoyment of the game is lost on a few people on here that simply wont rate games unless they can be used in tournaments etc

Thanks Ian! And I do enjoy playing that’s key!

I'll console myself with the fact that I didn't make enough events and should have played the Classics as well as the open as the reason for missing out on a top 20 placing.

Because it clearly isn't the fact that I'm too inconsistent and have too many truly **** games...

I'll console myself with the fact that I didn't make enough events and should have played the Classics as well as the open as the reason for missing out on a top 20 placing.

Because it clearly isn't the fact that I'm too inconsistent and have too many truly **** games...
Suspect you might make it in with drop outs - the prize for qualifying is a weekend by an industrial estate in Salisbury :)

Or you can tune in - sorted out 4G so should be streaming the event.

A reminder that the UKCS finals are being held this weekend at Special When Lit (map location at http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/location.php).

Side tournaments, single day tournament for each day - Saturday Pingolf on Classic machines not being used by the UKCS final (cost to enter £10 pay on the day). Sunday pingolf on Modern machines not being used by the UKCS final (cost to enter £10 pay on the day).

All modern machines will be on 3 balls, classics on 5 balls, with no extra balls for all tournaments.

A reminder that the UKCS finals are being held this weekend at Special When Lit (map location at http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/location.php).

Side tournaments, single day tournament for each day - Saturday Pingolf on Classic machines not being used by the UKCS final (cost to enter £10 pay on the day). Sunday pingolf on Modern machines not being used by the UKCS final (cost to enter £10 pay on the day).

All modern machines will be on 3 balls, classics on 5 balls, with no extra balls for all tournaments.

Hope to join you for a regular sat league please do let me know when dates have been confirmed

Good luck in ukcs

Back
Top Bottom