What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Open @ Croydon Hilton 29/09/22-02/10/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Neil McRae added a new event:

UK Pinball Open 30-09-22 01-10-22 02-10-22

This years UK Pinball Open, UK Classic and other tournaments will take place at Hilton London Croydon Hotel on the 30th September, 1st and 2nd October

More details to follow...

This years UK Pinball Open, UK Classic and other tournaments will take place at The Hilton London Croydon Hotel of the 29th, 30th September and 1st , 2nd October

2 IFPA Certified Tournaments
2 Classics Tournaments
1 Ladies Tournament
1 U16 Tournament

We will use DTM to run the tournament.

This will be the schedule of Tournaments:
Main bank will be 18-20 games
Classics Bank will be 18-20 Games - we will rotate some games between the two classics competitions.
Ladies and Youth Bank will be 6 games.
Peoples Bank - we are asking you to bring your game to the event, first 20 applicants will receive Free entry to the event and tournaments - More to follow on this.
  • Friday 30th September - 10:00 UK Pinball Classic - Classic I - card format qualifying closes at 16:30 - 17:00 Group Elimination Matchplay Final top 32. 3 games per round
  • Friday 30th September - 11:00 UK Pinball Open - Main Tournament Bank opens - Card format. Qualifying closes at 23:30
  • Friday 30th September - 14:00 Peoples Bank Tournament Sponsored by London Pinball Opens - Card format. Qualifying closes at 23:30
  • Friday 30th September - 11:00 Women's Qualifying bank opens Card Format.
  • Saturday 1st October - 09:00 UK Pinball Open - Qualifying continues and ends at 23:30
  • Saturday 1st October - 09:00 Women's Finals. (Group Elimination Matchplay) Followed by U16 Youth Tournament,
  • Saturday 1st October - 09:30 Classics II - card format qualifying closes at 16:30 - 17:00 Group Elimination Matchplay Final top 32 - 3 games per round.
  • Sunday 2nd October - 08:00 Round 1 Matchplay Finals A Group top 40 players, 3 games per round. Note Round 1 starting time!
  • Sunday 2nd October - 09:00 Round 1 Matchplay Finals B Group > IFPA 250 only Top 16 from position 41-56 in main results bank - 3 games per round. - (Note B final is for trophy/prizemoney not overall tournament position).
  • Sunday 2nd October - 17:30 People Bank Finals - Group Elimination matchplay top 16 - 3 games per round. Finish 22:00
Format will be unlimited qualifying - we will initially open up with a discounted bundle offer for first 80 registrations.

We are basically following the iNDISC format and rules with the exception of 3 games per card on Classics, women and 5 games for peoples bank and Main tournament . We will be streaming, your entry to the competition agrees your permission for us to stream you :)

Registration opens Saturday 12:00 on Eventbrite - Please note registration is heavily incentivised for early registration, it gets very expensive if you leave it late. If you have any questions on this please let me know. The reason for this is to ensure that we have a good number of entrants and we have a viable event! Refunds are available -costs until a month before the event. After that there will be no refunds.

If you are planning to bring a game please buy a ticket and we will refund you on the day. Please confirm here on what you are planning to bring and please don't bring a game that's hosed!

If you are a vendor or you want a booth we will be happy to offer these at a very cheap rate (i.e. pretty much nothing) contact me If you are interested. If you wish to be a sponsor contact me also. We will also be looking for volunteers for scorekeeping and other duties, this will give you free entries and access to the special volunteers only qualifying session on Saturday morning (8am!)

Hotel: We will share the link to the Hilton shortly but there are other cheaper hotels in the area, notably the Aerodrome which is filling up quickly.

UK Open Eventbrite Registration

UK Open Website

Read more about this event...

(*huge thanks to the INDISC team who have helped me with a lot of stuff over the past few weeks!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, lucky that it looks like the Belgium open/EPC isn't going to plan for this particular weekend as the building it's held in is still being used as a vaccination centre.

Thanks Wayne.

So this is now confirmed.

Although we will also have the London Pinball Strikes on the 29th also 4 tournaments, UK Pinball Open should be certified.

hello everybody , Olivier from Belgium here . We would be very interested to come to London with 8 persons for the uk open . Any suggestions for an nice payable hotel not too far from the venue . Is the venue easy to reach with public transfer or do we really need a car . Thx in advance

Hi Olivier! Hope you guys are all well, we are all missing the BPO!

Jury's Inn is quite nice, have stayed there before. Easy walk or short journey on public transport, no car needed really unless you intend doing other trips apart from Pinball. See you guys soon!

hello everybody , Olivier from Belgium here . We would be very interested to come to London with 8 persons for the uk open . Any suggestions for an nice payable hotel not too far from the venue . Is the venue easy to reach with public transfer or do we really need a car . Thx in advance
Hi Oli, Looking forward to having a drink with you again! :) Nick

Hi Olivier! Hope you guys are all well, we are all missing the BPO!

Jury's Inn is quite nice, have stayed there before. Easy walk or short journey on public transport, no car needed really unless you intend doing other trips apart from Pinball. See you guys soon!
Thx Vin
hope to cu all at the uk open

Hoping to announce registration and final format details next week.

With friends like these 😂😅
Where are you parking if staying at Jury's? I've not booked yet but looking between Jury's and Aerodrome (which is slightly closer to PR so a shorter walk along the fume filled streets)

Jurys Inn might be a good call for us too.
Is there affordable parking?
Or any other hotels nearby with parking?

Also booked in to jury’s inn 30th sept to 2nd at jury’s inn. Spare bed in my room who would like to share with me? Cost would be £95 for the two nights (breakfast extra) or can go to weatherspoons!)

Just an update on this. We were planning on opening registration this month but:

We have had a much bigger interest in this that previous years and thus we are working to use an external and bigger venue, this will be within the Croydon area so if you have booked a hotel or other accommodation you will not lose out. We are hoping to finalise the venue before the end of the May but if you haven't booked any accommodation please hold off. We are aiming to have more of a festival feel with some other activities happening also TBC

We are looking for sponsors to assist with the external hosting costs - we've raised a lot already but more is always welcome. Please contact me for more information.

We are also going to announce the line up of games via the UK Open Official Discord and we've announced the first two! :D

ok (subject to contract) I'm very pleased to announce that we have secured the Hilton Croydon which is a short journey from Pinball Republic and across the road from the Aerodrome.

We will have a special rate for the rooms which I will share shortly.

Hilton Croydon is a short walk from Waddon Station or by bus from East Croydon Station (Which has trains to London and Gatwick) or a £7 Uber ride from East Croydon Train station. or £40 uber ride from Gatwick Airport.

The venue is 400 square meters with our own private bar. In the area there is TGI Fridays, Nando's (!), Costa Coffee, Hallmark Grill, Macdonalds and Pizza Hut and loads of other places in central Croydon. We will have 40-60 pinball machines and plenty of space for watching the tournament finals as well as live streaming to the wider world! The hotel has recently been refurbished and looks and feels fantastic. See attached shots.

We will not be able to run an event on the Thursday evening as originally planned but we will try to work with another venue in London to host an event, more on this soon.

More details to follow! (if you want to sponsor, let me know!)

Attachments

• 300ppi-hilton-croydon-9623.jpg
    300ppi-hilton-croydon-9623.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 41
  • crohnhn-meetings-foyer.jpg
    crohnhn-meetings-foyer.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 40
  • crohnhn-meetings-weatherill.jpg
    crohnhn-meetings-weatherill.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom