What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Open @ Croydon Hilton 29/09/22-02/10/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Yes you can do that. Select Saturday only and then entry for the tournaments. You can also play the qualifiers for the Peoples bank.

This is looking better and better with every update Neil. £3500 top prize. Women's and U16 tournaments. Loads of Classics. Absolutely amazing, thank you to you and the Pinball Republic team for the effort involved in advance. I'm already so excited about this, we have never had a competitive event of this scale in the UK, hats off to you mate 👏👏👏

Get the dates in your diaries folks, this is one not to be missed 🙌

• 3- Day Weekend Pass​

£40.00+£3.71 Fee
    Sales start on 4 Jun 2022
    This ticket provides GENERAL ADMISSION to the UK Open 2022 Main Hall for ALL 3 DAYS. September 29-October 2nd. Purchasers of these tickets will have access to all Free Play Games, Spectator Areas.
Any ideas on how many free play machines you'll be expecting there?

UK Open Tournament Registration​

£50.00—£100.00
  • EARLY BIRD + 5 entries​

£50.00+£4.49 Fee
    Discount price for a limited time! Registration for all eligible UK Open tournaments. PLUS 5 Entries that can be used for any tournament
So its £54.49 for 5 competition entries prior to 1st July, how much will additional entries cost?

Thanks

So its £54.49 for 5 competition entries prior to 1st July, how much will additional entries cost?

There's a 'full price' listing which suggests it's £20 per comp ticket. And I think a ticket is 5 games on the main bank, or 3 games on classics or womens?

£20 for three games on classics? I've always fancied seeing how a high rollers tournament might work, guess we can find out :D

I'm guessing as Neil has followed the INDISC format, it's limited ticket qualifying, not pump and dump. So that £50 buys a load of entries in 5 tournaments? But, let's all be calm, he will be along shortly to clarify 🤣

I'm guessing as Neil has followed the INDISC format, it's limited ticket qualifying, not pump and dump. So that £50 buys a load of entries in 5 tournaments? But, let's all be calm, he will be along shortly to clarify 🤣
Don't forget it'll be £40 to enter the hall. Sorry for a 3 day weekend pass.

Is it possible to enter the tournament without paying for a weekend pass? I doubt it, so that's £98.20 minimum to play in the UK open? :eek::eek::eek:
Can buy a admission ticket for Saturday, and ticket to enter comps, that works out at £88

Price for Saturday only admission, and buy in for comps

Attachments

• 936FF60E-0272-4B94-8B34-4AF46CE4CB5A.png
    936FF60E-0272-4B94-8B34-4AF46CE4CB5A.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 20
  • C6B77809-F3F7-4092-B636-4E36F0F67FAB.png
    C6B77809-F3F7-4092-B636-4E36F0F67FAB.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 20
It's reading as very expensive!
Might have to give it a miss

I have no idea how much the big comps in USA or Europe cost though.

As Peter said its unlimited qualifying (INDISC is unlimited). Although with it being 5 games in the main, its not likely you'll have time to burn through many cards.

The price I wish was cheaper. I'm hoping for a huge turnout but if at the end of June its just a handful of folks then will look again at the options and maybe just run the open at the club and limit it to 60 people.

but in my view 4 Tournaments (and 5 if you are a women or U16) isn't bad for £90! I'll take another look at the card costs and see if there is an opportunity to bundle.

Hilton for staying isn't cheap so stay across the road in the aerodrome which is £138 for two nights.

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3- Day Weekend Pass​

£40.00+£3.71 Fee
    This ticket provides GENERAL ADMISSION to the UK Open 2022 Main Hall for ALL 3 DAYS. September 29-October 2nd. Purchasers of these tickets will have access to all Free Play Games, Spectator Areas.
Any ideas on how many free play machines you'll be expecting there?

Not yet but if you are coming for the freeplay machines - this isn't the event for you.

UK Open Tournament Registration​

£50.00—£100.00
  • EARLY BIRD + 5 entries​

£50.00+£4.49 Fee
    Discount price for a limited time! Registration for all eligible UK Open tournaments. PLUS 5 Entries that can be used for any tournament

Thanks
plus the entry fee.

Entries at £5 but I'm seeing if we can bundle more for less.

Neil.

This is looking better and better with every update Neil. £3500 top prize. Women's and U16 tournaments. Loads of Classics. Absolutely amazing, thank you to you and the Pinball Republic team for the effort involved in advance. I'm already so excited about this, we have never had a competitive event of this scale in the UK, hats off to you mate 👏👏👏

Get the dates in your diaries folks, this is one not to be missed 🙌

thanks dood, without the PBR team this wouldn't be happening along with some helpful sponsors.

Is it possible to enter the tournament without paying for a weekend pass? I doubt it, so that's £98.20 minimum to play in the UK open? :eek::eek::eek:

aren't you going to fulda? I seem to remember that being €150? Slightly cheaper per tournament but not a huge amount in it.

I think a few peoples concerns are that if this attracts the top international players (which I do think is a great thing!) A lot of us wonder if it's worth coming as we'll most likely not qualify for any of the head to head rounds and be left having spent a lot on accomodation and the full weekends with nothing else to do.

I suppose that's the same for everyone but the kind of players who will come will be those relatively confident in their skills.

I think a few peoples concerns are that if this attracts the top international players (which I do think is a great thing!) A lot of us wonder if it's worth coming as we'll most likely not qualify for any of the head to head rounds and be left having spent a lot on accomodation and the full weekends with nothing else to do.

I suppose that's the same for everyone but the kind of players who will come will be those relatively confident in their skills.

I'm not sure this will attract a lot of international players, I hope it does but there is no guarantee. We have a B final in main for less good players. We have 3 other tournaments. running so there will be plenty to do.

Neil.

worth a read! although I've only just finished it so it might have some errors! :D

Neil.

It sounds great to me, problem for me though is it clashes with a music festival weekend that I have booked and really want to go on otherwise I would be jumping at it

aren't you going to fulda? I seem to remember that being €150? Slightly cheaper per tournament but not a huge amount in it.

Yes, I am. That 150 Euro is for 7 tournaments (not 4 pump and dump tournaments) with 4 days of one main meal supplied (15 euro per meal), supporting a well known pinball venue. :D

Yes, I am. That 150 Euro is for 7 tournaments (not 4 pump and dump tournaments) with 4 days of one main meal supplied (15 euro per meal), supporting a well known pinball venue. :D

plenty of places to get food for the same price Peter. and pinball republic is also a well know pinball venue which this is supporting.

Neil.

So rebuy tickets are £5 each? That's ok by me.

I guess I was confused at the pricing, because it looks like you have to buy in to the event and then buy in to the competition/s also.

I assumed (incorrectly) the comp buy in was just a bulk buy of tickets, but it appears more expensive than that.

I'll go back to pricing up hotels 👍

worth a read! although I've only just finished it so it might have some errors! :D

Neil.
There's a few $ signs that still need converting to £'s

So if you want to take part the best deal is :

1: Buy a 3 day pass
2: Buy entry to the competition and get 5 tickets bundled.

That will cost you £90.

Its then £5 per ticket but I'm sure I'll do bundles on these.

If you buy later it gets a lot more pricey and you have to pay the eventbrite fees.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you want to take part the best deal is :

1: Buy a 3 day pass
2: Buy entry to the competition

That will cost you £90 Its then £5 per ticket but I'm sure I'll do bundles on these.

If you buy later it gets a lot more pricey and you have to pay the eventbrite fees.

Neil.
Sorry, I am quite confused by this whole thing!

So we need to buy the 3 day pass, then entry to the comp, then buy tickets for £5 each? Or does the competition entry include some entries already?

I guess I am confused why we need to purchase both a weekend pass and competition entries, when you admit it's not worth going if you're not interested in entering any of the comps. Why not just combine them?

Back
Top Bottom