What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Open @ Croydon Hilton 29/09/22-02/10/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Although not a top tournament follower, think it is awesome that Neil is going all out to put on such a high calibre event here in the U.K.
I will be happy to help,just to support such a cool project

Just a note:
16 and unders only need the 6-16 entry and nothing else and they qualify for all tournaments (but will need entries).

Hi, are there cash prizes only for the first places or also for other places?

All the cash prizes are listed here. You can see it's not just first place 👍

Looking forward to some competitive pinball at long last! It's a whole different game when competing and even though I don't expect to do well, it's worth it for the fun and experience. Well done Neil, I hope this sells out - massive kudos to you whatever the format of the competition is!

will have a player list tomorrow if there is wifi on my plane, if not Monday!

Really hope that you have had a huge signup mate, esspecially from us Brits (Its the UK Open!). It's fantastic that you are putting on this world class event which as Big Phil has so rightly said, comes with a huge amount of risk. Fair play to you mate, the lengths you are going to is extraordinary.

Whether you are into tournament pinball or not, this event will be spectacular and it's so exciting that players from all over the world will be coming to play with/against us

Sorry if this has already been asked / answered.

1). Under 16s. They have their own contest included in the ticket (if I’m reading this correctly). Can they also enter the U.K. open? Or is this 17+ only? If they can do they buy a different ticket or just stump up £5 per game?
2). If any of the under 17 girls want to enter the woman’s contest then can they do this? (And does it then require the purchase of an adult ticket?)
3) if we can’t make it on the Friday is this only a problem in terms of the woman’s contest? Is entry to the others split across Friday and Saturday?

John 16 and under just need to buy the 3 day 16 and under pass and they can enter all tournaments. they just need to purchase entries but are included in the 16 and under tournament.

2: yes - all they need to buy is entries/tickets/cards at £5 per entry

3: on Friday you miss ladies qualifying and classics I - you will be able to play on U16, classics II, peoples bank and the main.

Neil.

ok we are at 61 entrants from all over the world with more folks that I know are going to register! More Europeans than Brits at this stage so it would be good to address that even if you just buy the tournament add on now and get the entry later!

it’s going to rock and roll!

ok we are at 61 entrants from all over the world with more folks that I know are going to register! More Europeans than Brits at this stage so it would be good to address that even if you just buy the tournament add on now and get the entry later!

it’s going to rock and roll!
Got my tournament entry already @Neil McRae ! General entry won’t increase in price closer to the time will it?

Can additional entries be purchased on the day?

Thanks to those who have registered already; your trust and support is humbling and reminds me that

Great pinball events don’t happen by accident - they created for those; and by those:

Who’s heart races to the beat of the silver ball
Who’s pinball weekend starts on a Monday
Who long for the arcade paradise
Who shout for us even when we're not in the lead
Who hear beautiful music when the coils trigger
Who don't just watch but are on the edge of their seats
Who’s participation makes them belong
Who come together from over 10 countries

For those who’s passion is pushing us to win!

We are the UK Pinball Open - This September in London UK

Guaranteed £3500 first prize
2 IFPA certified tournaments
2 Classics Tournaments
1 Ladies Tournment
1 16 and under tournament

Book now!

@Neil McRae - the event still shows as 'Provisional' - just in case that should now be changed to encourage those abroad or on the fence. :)

3 day pass, and tournament entry now booked.
Aerodrome hotel also booked.

Massive thanks to Neil for taking this on and bringing an event like this to the UK.
Thanks also to the PBR team - it's going to be a very busy weekend!

Really looking forward to this - I'll also bring the camera along to take a few snaps. 🙂 📸

Back
Top Bottom