What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ current price

First of the 2x Addams on eBay went for 5.2k. Don't know how valid this apparent price is, but 5k not unusual for an Addams. TZ around 80 per cent of this.

I have never understood the clamour for the late wpc games with fan layouts, 2 flippers and cheapo speaker panels

Maybe Addams will show more price resilience?

I reckon an Addams on location would take more than any of AFM, MM, MB, TOTAn

Does pong a bit. Place your bets on a re-listing

Too many guys on ebay think that Pinballs are rare as faberge eggs and equally valuable

And did you know that gorgar was the world's first talking pinball ?

And did you know that gorgar was the world's first talking pinball ?

Oh Ok . Will have to look it up on Youtube.

Yeah I think it#s gone a bit mental on Ebay the last few month.
Probably dip after the festive

I was lucky enough to own & play mint TZ and TAF back to back for 4 years or more but when it came to letting one go it was the TAF that went. Despite TAF’s nicer artwork & theme the TZ for me will always be a keeper....... 10years in and never get bored of playing it, TZ is priceless IMO :)

Attachments

• 181D0B1F-66D7-4E21-81E9-980F83A42411.jpeg
    181D0B1F-66D7-4E21-81E9-980F83A42411.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 29
Cheers,
How does the TZ preform with LED's?
Does this TZ rom have a led flicker mod on it?

So is 9.4H game rom the one to use?
There's a 9.4CH, which just adds the ability to take paid credits vs. Free Play only, but it's a hack and effectively stopped Ted developing 9.5, so it's kinda frowned on...

Cheers,
How does the TZ preform with LED's?
Does this TZ rom have a led flicker mod on it?

Works well, if done right.

related:
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/theatre-of-magic-led-advise.39323/#post-249662
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/i-just-learnt-a-couple-of-things.39818/#post-257379
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/led-ocd-what-is-it-what-does-it-do-do-i-need-one.37377/

Last edited:
9.4H has William's anti-flicker code built in. TZ is fine with LEDs with that, no ghosting (but digital - if you don't mind that sort of thing)

Thanks guys.
I'm sort in limbo with led's & incandescent but can see the benefits with led's and loading of the circuitry.

Looks Ok on the T2.

So is there anything I should look out for when I get my TZ?
Problem wise.

Last edited:
So is there anything I should look out for when I get my TZ ?
Problem wise.

:rofl:

Awesome game - but with so many features and toys it almost always needs some amount of 'dialing in' :)

There is a good chance soon that you will become familiar with Clock Errors, the workings of the Gumball machine, eddy sensors, tweaking the rocket kick out etc

Welcome to the wonderful world of TZ ownership.

A few things:) I guessed the clock was a prob.

Looking up on the TZ there was a mention of the three magnets version. Is that a proto or a short run ?

A few things:) I guessed the clock was a prob.

Looking up on the TZ there was a mention of the three magnets version. Is that a proto or a short run ?

The 3rd magnet was designed-in, but then dropped due to build costs & it being rarely used in gameplay

https://gameroomblog.com/features/twilight-zone-pinball-prototype-vs-production:
Third Spiral Magnet – The most notable change was the removal of the center (or upper-right) magnet in the Spiral loop. Production games do not have the hole for this magnet, and are screened with the spiral artwork complete. When Pat Lawlor originally designed the game, he was not sure if it would be possible to stop the ball with only one magnet, so he placed two on the right side of the loop – one to slow the ball down, and one to stop it. As it turns out, the magnets were strong enough, and the controlling software could react quickly enough, that catching the ball on any magnet was an easy task. Since the game rules made very little use of the third magnet, it was removed to reduce cost. The presence of the third magnet is automatically detected by the game software, and is used during the Spiral Mode door award. (It is also used by the home ROM software; see last month’s GameRoom article.)

http://iobium.com/third_magnet_project.htm

Thanks guys.
I'm sort in limbo with led's & incandescent but can see the benefits with led's and loading of the circuitry.

Looks Ok on the T2.

So is there anything I should look out for when I get my TZ?
Problem wise.
"Check switch 26 - Trough proximity"

Regards third magnet - it's rare, and fitting it is a hardcore job involving drilling holes out of the playfield. I wouldn't lose much sleep over it, but if it's there it's a nice bonus during multiball.

It's a real nice feature for multiball, where all three balls are held on each magnet before multiball starts rather than auto launching all the balls, that said if the power ball is out of the gumball mech then the game doesn't do the feature.

Good read that . Interesting info.
It's a shame he was put off continuing v9.5.

Back
Top Bottom