What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Two Sound Leisure Bubblers. 2021/2022.

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
About a year ago I picked up a used Sound Leisure CD bubbler.

IMG_3557.jpgIMG_3558.jpgIMG_3559.jpgIMG_3560.jpgIMG_3561.jpg

Bit of a state.......

Been in dry warm storage for about 6 years, did not work so a complete refurb for this one....

THEN a few months later - another one. This time it was one come into Sound Leisure as a PX - they wanted one of my machines so we did a trade.

This one was a vinyl model, holding 100 records (which is rare). Sorry can not find and photos of this one.

PLAN OF ACTION:
MACHINE 1 - 70 play vinyl.
MACHINE 2 - 100 play vinyl.

So since this February, I stripped the machines down and threw away 80% of the internal parts.
The mechanisms have been serviced, and all electronics have been worked on too.
All new plastics have been purchased, along with so much hardware.
It has taken me until this week (early August 2022) to get them finished. My custom sprayer had disappeared off the planet. He sadly had a breakdown and is not in a good way. He is a great bloke and wish him a full recovery.
So had to get on with the project as I have £1000s sitting around in jukeboxes and pre-purchased parts.

IMG_4614.jpgIMG_4615.jpgIMG_4616.jpgIMG_4617.jpg

Rubbish photos but they have been finished in a Satin black and everything looks amazing.
Both machines will have custom LED lighting along with so many parts it is untrue.

The plan is:

Sell machine 1 as soon as it is finished. Hopefully 2-3 weeks away.
Machine 2 will also be for sale but is going home for a bit. In December it will go online but if it does not sell I am prepared to wait out the long game on that one as I can enjoy it.

Will keep this post updated. If anyone is interested. PM me for more details.

Well the stuff is getting there (slowly) - it takes so long to cut the clear plastics on the side and top to size.

Also put the mirrors on the side of the cabinets too.

Probably a good 30 hours of work this week on it.

IMG_4665.jpgIMG_4668.jpg
IMG_4666.jpgIMG_4670.jpg
IMG_4669.jpg

I have decided that both machines will be up for sale when they are finsihed.
The 70 single (140 play) will be cheaper as it is reusing the casings and it generally is not a 100% refurb.
The 100 single (200 play) will be the best one out the two. The 100 single mechs are extremely rare. Only a small percentage are 100 singles.

The PCBs are all waiting to go in as I have been working on them, so all I need to do is screw them all together.

Next jobs are bubble tubes and LED lights ! :)

Using WS2812 LEDs and not horrid fluorescents.

MACHINE 1 is coming along. Just had some real busy times.
This is the machine that has not had a complete refurb, ie chrome parts are used.
Does have new upright and arched plastics, and internal gazelle plastic.
This is going to be the cheaper one of the two
70 singles.

IMG_4716.jpgIMG_4717.jpgIMG_4719.jpgIMG_4720.jpgIMG_4721.jpg

Got the bubble tubes working.
Jukebox selects and works.

Back at it tomorrow - on the door for machine number 2.

Well machine 1 is looking good - got the lights going and it is looking very pretty:

IMG_4733.jpgIMG_4734.jpgIMG_4735.jpgIMG_4736.jpg

Machine 2 has had the bubble tubes fitted (machine 1 has 4 bubble tubes, machine 2 has 8 tubes).
The new castings look amazing, should do the money they cost.

IMG_4729.jpgIMG_4730.jpgIMG_4731.jpgIMG_4732.jpg

I am perhaps down to the last 10% of the job now. But as you all know the last 10% takes 90% of the time......

More details hopefully tomorrow.

Fantastic looking machines.Had a jukebox from Pickholder,a digital one with everything I needed .Refurbishment was done to a very high standard and I know in future,if anything goes wrong, parts are readily available. If you have the space,I would recommend.Great piece of kit when friends come around.Always a good talking point and a great selection of music.(digital one).Any idea of price, I may want a vinyl one for olde times sake.Thanks

Fantastic looking machines.Had a jukebox from Pickholder,a digital one with everything I needed .Refurbishment was done to a very high standard and I know in future,if anything goes wrong, parts are readily available. If you have the space,I would recommend.Great piece of kit when friends come around.Always a good talking point and a great selection of music.(digital one).Any idea of price, I may want a vinyl one for olde times sake.Thanks
The first machine will be £3k
Second machine around £4.5k
Or maybe swap for pins

Machine 2 listed for sale and sold very quick.

Back
Top Bottom