What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turtles Thread

Fish Tales hate.🐠😑

I don't recall the score but its not amazing. We did a four player co-op with our alter egos also🤣

What I find is we're all inconsistent players, so even in a four player co-op you can crash and burn due to a few bad balls. It's so fun though!
I meant how many missions/episodes have you gotten through on 2 player/4 player co-op. Past team up MB miniwizard mode after 4 episodes? Getting through all 8 for Final Battle is certainly a challenge!

@Lecari where did you get the cartoon mod from?

Google turtles 1987 mod, its a pinside thread. It's not been updated to the new code yet and is still for 1.41.

You need a SD card and reader/writer, pretty simple using the instructions on the thread.
😁

I meant how many missions/episodes have you gotten through on 2 player/4 player co-op. Past team up MB miniwizard mode after 4 episodes? Getting through all 8 for Final Battle is certainly a challenge!

Oh yeah, not far😂
Barely make it to team up yet! We either suck or it's brutal.
Did change the posts and flipper rubbers to perfect play, i wonder if that makes it harder?

So far we've gotten to Team up together once. I got so nervous I missed the left ramp and drained. Enjoying it though!

So far we've gotten to Team up together once. I got so nervous I missed the left ramp and drained. Enjoying it though!
It does a great job of amping up the tension for sure - turning down the lights and highlighting the one shot while the music pumps and tension builds. I swear that makes it harder! Thing is it is extremely hard to hit that ramp randomly. Turtles really forces you to post pass or transfer the ball to the right flipper somehow...

Yeah, it really does!

I do feel like I'm improving by playing Turtles so much though - it's a very fast game that by comparison others seem so slow now. And it is forcing me to learn to catch the ball and aim more - as you say, it's almost impossible to yet any of the shots by luck.

Had a chance to give this a good play at @Dave Playman 's last night. We got to final battle in 4p coop and as mentioned above couldn't make the left ramp shot to start it on the last ball 😂

Have to say I really enjoyed this game - doesn't deserve the negative press imho. The sound art and display package is top notch. The layout is fast and flowy although brutal and certainly not newb-friendly. Pro package isn't missing much and felt loaded. Most modes require the side ramp to complete which is a very tough shot. Overall a really fun and exciting pin for intermediate+ players. Coop is really great and should be included on all titles now!

Had a chance to give this a good play at @Dave Playman 's last night. We got to final battle in 4p coop and as mentioned above couldn't make the left ramp shot to start it on the last ball 😂

Have to say I really enjoyed this game - doesn't deserve the negative press imho. The sound art and display package is top notch. The layout is fast and flowy although brutal and certainly not newb-friendly. Pro package isn't missing much and felt loaded. Most modes require the side ramp to complete which is a very tough shot. Overall a really fun and exciting pin for intermediate+ players. Coop is really great and should be included on all titles now!
What the hell!
@Dave Playman where were those skills last weekend? Or did @Fubar carry you?
@Spandangler feel the betrayal 😆

What the hell!
@Dave Playman where were those skills last weekend? Or did @Fubar carry you?
@Spandangler feel the betrayal 😆
@Fubar was killing it! And made me feel inadequate at my own game(s) 🤣🤣
We ended up with 53.8M on a 4player coop game! Had he took the final ball, he would have made the left ramp under pressure unlike me 💪🏼😆

This totally underrated game just keeps getting better. The co-op modes should be on all new sterns IMO but it’s probably down to the coder I guess.
As mentioned previously the Pro is where it’s at and I did own one. I grabbed an LE when I had the chance purely for the Art and the fact it’s a grail theme for me.
I think the only pro’s that can give it a run for the money is GOTG or AIQ. I’m basing this purely on what you lose and gain.

This totally underrated game just keeps getting better. The co-op modes should be on all new sterns IMO but it’s probably down to the coder I guess.
As mentioned previously the Pro is where it’s at and I did own one. I grabbed an LE when I had the chance purely for the Art and the fact it’s a grail theme for me.
I think the only pro’s that can give it a run for the money is GOTG or AIQ. I’m basing this purely on what you lose and gain.
Agree that it's underrated and that coop should be standard on all games! Very happy with my pro, it's just such a FUN game. Can be challenging gameplay but simple enough code to balance that out. I join in with the speech, do a little dance when the ninja MB music starts and sing to turtle power MB, yeah I look insane when I play Turtles but I have a lot of fun. I don't see how anyone can play this repeatedly and not at least join in with 'Fight fire with FY-RE!'

I've got a turtles on the way with the cartoon code.

Is there a way of keeping that with the new Stern update?

I've got a turtles on the way with the cartoon code.

Is there a way of keeping that with the new Stern update?
Is it Dave's? If so was mine before and I did the sdcard with the cartoon code.

You can update the original sdcard as per sterns instructions.
For the 1987 (or whatever year it is) code you need to check the thread on Pinside and hope the author does a new version for the updated code.
Then follow the instructions to redo the sdcard.
You can't just update it, it has to be reformatted with the new cartoon code.
You'll lose high scores and settings unless you put a usb stick in and back them up.

It's simple if you have an SD card reader of adaptor for your laptop or pc. The cartoon code thread has a video with instructions and it worked for me, twice 😁

Still doing it with flipper power as low as possible always on this corner but the ball does move fast on this game it’s almost if it’s missing a clear plastic to stop it doing it.

Attachments

• 9FEAE491-0FC6-4534-9712-6D1697C13048.jpeg
    9FEAE491-0FC6-4534-9712-6D1697C13048.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 19
The playfield steepness can affect things like this, what elevation is your playfield set at? Also make sure it is level side to side.

Has it only just started doing it? If you bought it off another forum member ask them if it used to do it.

off the loop or the ramp? I'll have a look at mine.
If you go round the top loop for instance then hit the middle lamp with the upper left flipper the ball goes that fast when it’s gone round the loop and down the wire it jumps of the wire ramp on the first corner as shown in my previous post.

I don't get any air balls on the centre ramp but I do occasionally get them going up the right ramp, sometimes hitting the glass but I think that's pretty common for turtles

Back
Top Bottom