What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turtles Thread

Loving this game but the TPMB crashes are a PITA!

How often do they happen on other peoples machines? I've only put 2 games on and had it happen twice already

Loving this game but the TPMB crashes are a PITA!

How often do they happen on other peoples machines? I've only put 2 games on and had it happen twice already
Is it on turtle power multiball?
Up to date code?

Is it on turtle power multiball?
Up to date code?

I'm on v1.50 but according to pinside the crashes are still present in v1.51.

Both of my crashes have been on turtle power multiball with lots of coils and switches going off at the same time

I've only had it happen twice in over 1000 games. Some people never get it, it's so random I don't think Stern can figure out what's causing it.

Hmm, hopefully I've just had bad luck so far. Could do without it happening every other day!

I don't recall this happening either.

Dwight has a lot of fix though, some other bugs in turtles, some horrific bugs in Mando,

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you’ve just been unlucky having it happen twice in quick succession. It’s a known bug it’s just hard to exactly replicate the conditions so it’s hard to fix. Hopefully you’ve got your 2 crashes for the next 1000 odd games out the way and you can enjoy it!

LE/PREMIUM V1.52 - AUGUST 2, 2022
=================================
**** FIXED ****
- During the start of NINJA PIZZA MULTIBALL, the upper left flipper will be
raised based on the number of balls in the PARLOUR to try and catch more
balls on the PIZZA MAGNET.

- Fixed some TOTAL display effects where the score was fading off screen
too soon.

yup - all of them (spike2) for new insider feature called Home.

I'm on v1.50 but according to pinside the crashes are still present in v1.51.

Both of my crashes have been on turtle power multiball with lots of coils and switches going off at the same time

Never happened again after this post bizarrely!

Have had a pro here a few days now and 50+ plays. Installed new coil stops, olds had wobbly nubbins and also new sleeves. Now has flipper cooling fans installed and I've put the L/R to full power (for now)

So what should be my expectations for backhanding both ramps?

Obviously flipper angle comes into the equation (which appears factory standard) and playfield angle is currently 6.75, but at the moment from a resting controlled ball both are impossible.
The right is reachable with some momentum on a rolling ball, the left has only really occured when I'm flailing during multiball and the ball has pelted down that I've inadvertently volleyed up.

Have had a pro here a few days now and 50+ plays. Installed new coil stops, olds had wobbly nubbins and also new sleeves. Now has flipper cooling fans installed and I've put the L/R to full power (for now)

So what should be my expectations for backhanding both ramps?

I’ve only had the Pro for a couple weeks now and I’ve been sick so haven’t put many games on it yet - but I can backhand the right ramp from a cradle, not the left.

I have it set up fairly steep - I think from memory at 6.7 or so? Default flipper power and no cooling fans.

I’ve only played the one at Tilt before and I could backhand both ramps on that one so it is possible depending on set up.

I've got mine setup so I can backhand the right ramp with a clean shot but not the left ramp. I have turned the flipper power down on mine a bit though (as it feels better to me) and have it setup quite fast/steep so not sure if I cranked the flipper power back up.

Both ramps backhandable on mine, default flipper power, fans, 7 degrees. I’ve got Titan rubbers, dunno if that would make a difference

I’ve only had the Pro for a couple weeks now and I’ve been sick so haven’t put many games on it yet - but I can backhand the right ramp from a cradle, not the left.

I have it set up fairly steep - I think from memory at 6.7 or so? Default flipper power and no cooling fans.

I’ve only played the one at Tilt before and I could backhand both ramps on that one so it is possible depending on set up.
Cradle, yes that's what I meant doh. Definitely cannot do that on either flipper.

I've got mine setup so I can backhand the right ramp with a clean shot but not the left ramp. I have turned the flipper power down on mine a bit though (as it feels better to me) and have it setup quite fast/steep so not sure if I cranked the flipper power back up.
If you mean clean shot as in a reaction shot then possibly more like this.

Both ramps backhandable on mine, default flipper power, fans, 7 degrees. I’ve got Titan rubbers, dunno if that would make a difference
They say titan on them

Hoping it's not a full flipper rebuild as I had the buggers apart the other day replacing the coil stops/sleeves.
Maybe flipper angle ?

Cradle, yes that's what I meant doh. Definitely cannot do that on either flipper.

If you mean clean shot as in a reaction shot then possibly more like this.

They say titan on them

Hoping it's not a full flipper rebuild as I had the buggers apart the other day replacing the coil stops/sleeves.
Maybe flipper angle ?
Pretty sure mine are middle of bat to playfield dot but will take a pic in a mo

Back
Top Bottom