What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying out streaming

Yes it's an unexpected steep learning curve for sure. Shout me if you get stuck with anything!!

@strobey (aka Tim) streams every wednesday! This week an exception due to other commitments!

But im sure he will be back next week ;)

Dunc

followed him on twitch now so should get a notification when he goes live.

part watched whitewater at lunch today. very enjoyable game play and chat.

good job Tim!

T-Rex is loose...

jp_live.jpg

Ok bring a beer and your earphones cos Brian Schmitt is a genius with this one. Those crumby stock speakers really let the Data Easts down... hook in and holy crap... well, you'll see what i mean...

Great to watch, even though it wasn't for long for me being away and the wifi is crap!

Looking forward to watching it when I'm home mate!

Dunc

Looks like you're ahead in the pinball streaming arms race, everyone thought it looked amazing!

Definitely going to get my pinball extender out to capture the DMD, great idea.

Only managed to watch the first hour so watching the rest now. :)

Cheers Jay yeah I'm surprised how well it went and Jack/DeadFlip's support was amazing.. he tweeted and a ton more people popped by.

The DMD extender is awesome... really pleased with it!

Just toying with the idea of a stream at NLP but gotta speak nicely to replicas first (and figure out hiw to get a mobile signal in there!!)

Cheers

Tim

I popped by but my crappy wifi connection in my cheap hotel wasn't up to the task, so it kept buffering after every 30 sec and I gave up. From what I saw, you're a decent player! Better than me anyway which isn't saying much. I saw you press the smart missile as you drained which brought you back into a big multiball, which was well impressive - any watching groupies woulda been frothing at that.

I popped by but my crappy wifi connection in my cheap hotel wasn't up to the task, so it kept buffering after every 30 sec and I gave up. From what I saw, you're a decent player! Better than me anyway which isn't saying much. I saw you press the smart missile as you drained which brought you back into a big multiball, which was well impressive - any watching groupies woulda been frothing at that.
I'm struggling to get it to work at home tonight too (6mb connection), keeps buffering. This maybe a stupid question, but why do you do it? Just for fun, or with a view to monetising it somehow if it gets popular (I know nothing about twitch, so please excuse my ignorance)?

You can donate as a viewer, or subscribe for cash. Better monetisation than youtube. Similar to patron. .

Reactions: JT.
If you're in it for the cash you need to do it full time and daily before you get "invited" as a partner. 500 concurrent views for a start.

But for the small fry you can just use it like a live youtube and "for amusement only" kinda thing.

I'm only doing it for fun.

Cheers

Tim

Reactions: JT.
Cool Hook show, it was good to see a less popular game showcased and you beat my highest 5 ball score with 3, I learned something :thumbs: Btw another cool shot is to return 2 to 3 ball multiball via the divertor.

Perhaps do a re-show when the new game code is out soon.

Watched a couple of your (recorded) streams last night. Well impressed with the quality, well done!
+1 subscriber here :)

Its only just slightly better than the TWD test one I did for you last year Paul (using that taped piece of wood for a camera tripod and 1.3 megapixel laptop web cam) ;)

If you're in it for the cash you need to do it full time and daily before you get "invited" as a partner. 500 concurrent views for a start.

But for the small fry you can just use it like a live youtube and "for amusement only" kinda thing.

I'm only doing it for fun.

Cheers

Tim

Some people with averages of 20 concurrent viewers get partnered. Though Twitch officially maintain that their stated requirements on their website are mandatory, for partnership, that has not been true for ages.

I think Dead Flip got partnered when he was at 25-35 average.

Great show last night. Made me go play JM till daft o clock. :) Followed for future notifications.

BTW, i was utterly hammered last night so i may have been a little 'lively' on the chat feed (apologies). Paying for it dearly today.:confused:

Yes +1 on great show & congrats on hitting 20+ consecutive viewer milestone.

i may have been a little 'lively' on the chat feed
The chat is included within the stream replay, what time did you get larey?

The chat is lively during the streams but didn't seem to take off on here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom