What's new

Tron Hype?

If you're really good you can make the gem shot from the plunge, I occasionally get that by accidentally overdoing the skill shot.

I guess I just suck at it then ;)

You must... It's a double-flip shot. First off the right flipper to Quorra, looping round top of playfield to the upper left flipper to hit Gem. Many go for the deflection though as the designed shot is not easy... takes a lot of practice.

If you're really good you can make the gem shot from the plunge, I occasionally get that by accidentally overdoing the skill shot.

Yep, that too. :thumbs:

I watched Tron Legacy at the cinema and thought it was a good film, I then went and bought the blu rays of both films, and just didn’t enjoy the original,
Tron Legacy sounds amazing too if you have a decent surround sound system at home :D

The pinball, I'm still not 100% getting, it has quite a basic ruleset.

I quite enjoyed Tron Legacy, but not a fan of the original. Played the pin a couple of times at shows, which is probably not enough to form a decent opinion to be fair, but it didn't grab me.

You must... It's a double-flip shot. First off the right flipper to Quorra, looping round top of playfield to the upper left flipper to hit Gem. Many go for the deflection though as the designed shot is not easy... takes a lot of practice.

Yep, that too. :thumbs:
It's the difficulty of this one shot that gives the game legs imo, every other shot is doable bit this one is an **** but that's what keep you coming back to a table, it can't all be easy! Playing for gem as soon as the top targets have dropped is a must. My 'U' stand up target gets so tw@ted from the top flipper aiming for gem it creeps over Quorra and every 10 games or so I have to drop the glass and pull it back into position! Still a hard shot off tip flipper I have best luck bouncing of the side Tron stand ups, that's why I prefer the pro as I think off the premiums drop downs would be even harder!

I love the gem shot, yes its hard but where it is it should be, but to me its not much harder than that damn ' only just wider than the ball ' right ramp on my beloved ghostbusters pro. I've had GB nearly a year now and I'd say my success rate with that shot would still be <25% and that's a ramp right there in plain view so its very frustrating not to be able to hit it at will, whereas the gem shot tucked away where it is doesn't frustrate because it should be hard being a combo or deflection shot you can barely even see. I guess you can read that as something that should be frustrating but I think its a clever design, compared to that GB ramp which is a bad design.

P.S. I still love Ghostbusters anyway :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom