What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Yep I should have gone this way from the start it was making some BOP face guides out of 10mm acrylic that got me thinking and I had just had a request for the Bally custom ones I thought I’d give it a go.
They look super clean too like they meant to be there from factory. Well happy and I will eventually get round to replacing my 14 piece ones on other pins when I find some much needed time👍
I will be in touch as I have a few SAM pins to do plus I would like to upgrade my current speaker lights on my TWD to these.
If that’s ok.

Last edited:
I was never happy with Sterns ****e ones which was basically 4 **** poor LEDs pointing at some pink Flourecent Acrylic plates but at least it was better than my BKSOR LE as they removed the LEDs altogether!
BTW I’m not sure if this is the same deal with all new LEs going forward from BK anyone know?
Anyhoo this could be a cheap easy solution if they have.

Sterns ****e effort

View attachment 139307

View attachment 139308
Had a run up to see col this morning and these look way way better in person. They look so clean and factory made you would be convinced they were part of the machine from new. I'm looking forward to seeing them with Mike's board attached which will put them on another level to what's out there.

Last edited:
After Deadpool they gave up with speaker lights on LE’s - I use Doug’s which are very good and just use standard components.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If your speakers lights fit Deadpool LE they will fit all LE’s except batman66, GOTG, Star Wars and Aerosmith.

I think they changed to the round plate at iron maiden onwards. You can get the LE plates and covert those older games.

I’ll try a set for my mandalorian colin when you have a one stop package to installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've just been to my brothers house to sort out a light switch that a friend of his had changed and was tripping the mcb. Also he didn't understand why there was a spare wire just floating about in there. This is what I found...o_O. He swares he didn't do it but his friend ( it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was my brother, he's completely useless at any kind of DIY )

IMG_20210529_112322.jpg

Last edited:
I've just been to my brothers house to sort out a light switch that a friend of his had changed and was tripping the mcb. Also he didn't understand why there was a spare wire just floating about in there. This is what I found...o_O. He swares he didn't do it but his friend ( it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was my brother, he's completely useless at any kind of DIY )

View attachment 139310
This is why I don't touch electrics. Where are the blue and brown wires?

After about what, 3 years of ownership I finally got round to doing some repairs on my TFTC. It's in OK condition but there were some nasty knocks to some corners of the head that I really needed to address. The first one at the top left. A before and after. (My finger is to help the camera focus BTW, I know you can't miss the knocks!)

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 18.27.46.png

Second one is right hand side, light-ish rub knock, pretty minor but I was doing the others so...

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 18.31.43.png

Finally below that was a repair front and back, the worst being at the front....

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 18.29.48.png

On with the next mission!

Been working on this the past few weeks, off to the states she goes!

Apart from the couriers initial screw up which they apologised for with direct priority air shipping, thank you!

It was a fairly straight forward process. Thank you to those that helped out you know who you are!

Attachments

• ABEC0E8E-E1D2-4B09-91BD-F38A67AF7075.jpeg
    ABEC0E8E-E1D2-4B09-91BD-F38A67AF7075.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 42
STTNG bargain?
Drilled out the high security round style lock🤬
Playfield runners/brackets were bent so had to sort that first, underneath no corrosion really and everything there.
In test mode everything seemed to work. Left canon was glitchy and causing holdups. Sorted itself out after a while and fiddling. Firing 2 balls in shooter lane also.
No battery acid damage. Few cables Soldered back on. Eventually was able to play and all seems ok but will be stripping it down getting new ramps etc
Plays better than my last one. Result so far.

STTNG bargain?
Drilled out the high security round style lock🤬
Playfield runners/brackets were bent so had to sort that first, underneath no corrosion really and everything there.
In test mode everything seemed to work. Left canon was glitchy and causing holdups. Sorted itself out after a while and fiddling. Firing 2 balls in shooter lane also.
No battery acid damage. Few cables Soldered back on. Eventually was able to play and all seems ok but will be stripping it down getting new ramps etc
Plays better than my last one. Result so far.

What you lack in first ball prowess you more than make up for in bargain basement pinball purchasing.

BOSS

Still fighting my Apollo 13 issues, standard multiball is fine every time, however when 13 ball multiball starts it can get very confused, every time I’ve checked the switch diagnostics they all check good, so I thought it was time I made my next move. I have quite a few spares, one of which is the 8 ball trough but with a damaged switch membrane.

38366190-6B36-45C2-89DC-5C0B00C4C00B.jpeg

The damage to the membrane has cut the track to switch 1.

8851CA43-3E06-42C8-8523-CFDEE147E062.jpeg

So trough cleaned up, and taped on some screws to act as locating dowels as the adhesive tape I fitted is a one chance type.

D2A0EDD1-577D-4DD2-981B-A40CAE1C458C.jpeg

Then locating pins out, press down on the membrane for the final stick.

20B2CBB6-D423-4A7F-A425-6FED0FAAFB8D.jpeg

Next to get it fitted, and hopefully 🤞🏻 This may sort the stupid 13 ball issue.

Chris.

Attachments

• FE525934-71F4-4FEA-8376-2C63F50ABBE6.jpeg
    FE525934-71F4-4FEA-8376-2C63F50ABBE6.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 10
Problem in the trough with ball 4 opto, found a good way of testing it by chance. The uv/infrared light from the sun activated it so I realised the sender must be shot, had an old board and took the sender opto out and replaced it. Now working😎

Last edited:
Re. trough opto switches; if you're careful, simply detaching the front circuit board (with the infra-red l.e.d.'s on) allows it to be moved one step across the trough to shine a known-good l.e.d. on the problem receiver (on the rear board)

Today I painted up some EATPM skull caves for a couple of owners with mashed plastics!
(My damaged pattern on the left. The green is putty where it was missing)

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 16.20.41.png

All working except left cannon fires now and again for no reason which I’m putting down to the loom. New looms on the way.
Started stripping bottom half, cut looms off and cannon metalwork in tumbler, fixings in the ultra sonic cleaner which went in corroded and came out good.
Removed all the tape and glue from cab so just needs a bit of filling and touching up. Looks good.
Leds/kit came today from pinball led’s, not happy with the premium 2 warm whites for the GI which are cooler now as I compared to previous ones I have which I liked.
So that’s the last order I do☹️
Few bits I’m waiting on because ParcelFarce are knobs.
Going to flame polish the ramps and have new ramp protectors for them which will save me a load if I don’t melt them!!!

Attachments

• FEF1730D-5AA6-400B-A9A9-B3CDC6D6817F.jpeg
    FEF1730D-5AA6-400B-A9A9-B3CDC6D6817F.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 06434A5C-3DFC-4703-BF09-4271BCA33C76.jpeg
    06434A5C-3DFC-4703-BF09-4271BCA33C76.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 20
All working except left cannon fires now and again for no reason which I’m putting down to the loom. New looms on the way.

Could be a flakey opto have you left it in switch test to see and checked that the cannon ball plunger returns to rest after every activation?

Could be a flakey opto have you left it in switch test to see and checked that the cannon ball plunger returns to rest after every activation?
Yes it all works and plunger returns not blocking, it will activate like a ball is in there but only once in a while and sometimes at start up when they move it carries on so guessing one of the wires for the opto is iffy.
All tests out good in switch test and cannon test, can’t find anything wrong. One of the lamp wires just pulled straight out of the loom. Has been worked on before as has electrical tape on that loom. If it still does it with a new loom I will look at changing the opto, thanks👍

Started putting topside back on, metal all cleaned. Canons were really corroded but coming up nice, ramps cleaned/flame polished look pretty good now especially with the ramp protectors that cover up some cracks. Playfield cleaned and waxed. New playfield slide assembled fitted one side as it was beyond repair, managed to drop one of the machine screws which fell under the transformer wood and never to be seen again🤬

Attachments

• 80B7EA72-D507-4C94-82E8-41CEA6614147.jpeg
    80B7EA72-D507-4C94-82E8-41CEA6614147.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 17
  • D85720CC-D9B3-4CE9-ADFD-2EE628DC5FAB.jpeg
    D85720CC-D9B3-4CE9-ADFD-2EE628DC5FAB.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 17
Had to make a sub filter today to be able to use my sub, just has adjustable frequency and level. Annoyingly no auto on/off.
Connected the pinnovators board up in Iron Man to see if it all works ok with levels and cutoff.
Plenty of level and nice sub rumbling bass, Iron man has a big JBL sub in it and this external sub makes it sound insignificant. The iron man bass line is insane just how I like it😎 Tron is going to be amazing I’m sure.
DE48BF26-0515-446F-BA01-61F7B98E2520.jpeg

Attachments

• 11B6B2BD-5371-4B04-B89F-57084BFF009E.jpeg
    11B6B2BD-5371-4B04-B89F-57084BFF009E.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom