What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

TAF thing light board fitted, the connector was hitting my Afterglow board so had to move that back a bit. Also made sure the leds were as centred as possible before I screwed the board down otherwise they were off but half the holes didn’t line up anyway.

Looks amazing and now I don’t need to mess about because the display isn’t in the way😁

View attachment trim.AAACBC4E-4BC8-4496-9228-E4D6B6BCAA9A.MOV

Built a clock using old EM score reels.

It’s wi-fi enabled and picks up the time automagically from the internet. It also has a built in real time clock module, so will function without internet too. It adjusts for GMT-BST.

thanks to [mention]James [/mention] for giving me the idea!

please note: no pinballs were harmed during the making of this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dood if you make any more i'd be interested in buying one!

A one off, very labour intensive!

However, I can help anyone who wants to build their own, the parts are readily available, and I have already developed the software, which I am willing to provide (once I complete it).

A one off, very labour intensive!

However, I can help anyone who wants to build their own, the parts are readily available, and I have already developed the software, which I am willing to provide (once I complete it).

Please do Alan - would be really interested in making one of these!

FML!
So today I thought I might as well take apart R2, to check the issues that have been reported on Pinside
Flashers look all good, with shrink wrap secure.

1590146785008.jpeg
but then I notice that the outer metal ring, which should have 4 bolts in it only has 2 on the left side securing the opto board bracket
1590146946030.jpeg
Posts well out of line! I could possibly get one I. The bottom right hole, but the top right- no chance!
1590146717432.jpeg

I’m sure this is the only hobby where you buy an expensive product and then have to fix it yourself!

Know how you feel,I just sent back a TZ topper because the motor was too noisy and they sent a new one that is still noisy but with a switch so you can turn the motor off.
WTF 🤷‍♂️

Please do Alan - would be really interested in making one of these!

Here is a parts list to build an EM clock :

4 EM score reels. Any will do, as long as they are in working order

ESP32s board:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ESP32-ES...ooth-Antenna-UK/143297558340?epid=20031754719

Holder for the ESP32s – note this item needs to be cut in half to fit the esp32s, as this is made for an Arduino nano board (I have not yet found a supplier who produces a terminal board that fits the ESP32s). Another alternative is to just use dupont connectors directly onto the pins of the ESP32s.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nano-Ter...-ATMEGA328P-AU-Module-Board-6-HO/233591681563

Real Time clock Module
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fit-For-...on-RTC-Real-Time-Clock-Memory-UK/164154985457

Battery for RTC module
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-X-Supe...oundMax-3-VOLT-LITHIUM-BATTERIES/293566166984

5V Voltage Regulator – note you will need to adjust the output voltage of this to be 5V, they come unadjusted and so it will give out around the input voltage (24v) and will damage the ESP32 and the Relay board if you don’t adjust first!!!!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5A-DC-DC...lt-Power-Supply-Converter-Module/192473544494

4 Way opto isolator relay board.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5V-DC-Re...olation-arduino-pic-pi-avr-NewUK/190950013824

24v power supply – go for 5A or 10A.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Regulate...18V-24V-36V-48V-Universal-PSU-DC/151886747221

Software available from me for the ESP32s. You can either:
  • send me your esp32s and I’ll upload and test the board for you & send back, or
  • I can provide source code and you can install the Arduino IDE, install ESP32 board extensions & the various libraries that are also used, compile and upload it yourself. I’d only recommend this if you are familiar with Arduino programming!
  • I can provide an ESP32s board with the s/w pre-loaded, fully tested for £13 UK posted.

Wiring Diagrams to follow

@AlanJ - could you create a separate thread about this please... just noticed we are in the "today i worked on" thread, and i feel this should have it's own thread :D

Spiderman & Deadpool Toppers any interest?

Following on from the simpler StarWars & Indy500 toppers I have made these For a couple of forum members and although kinda prototypes which I will improve on as I go I was wondering if anyone has interest in them in either kit form or fully built.

They are based on the kids 3D Light FX deco wall lights (google em)

Before anyone asks why SM on IM well it’s just to give a little scale, I am actually after a nice SM but I’m a couple of pins over ATM and something has to give.
These are WIP and will be improved on the next version.
They do look better in the flesh BTW as lighting plays a big part in how they look and my phone don’t do them justice. I have had a few Laserific toppers and my hobbit has one but these stand out much nicer and will be half their price!

Lets take DP as an example as I have a few BNIB heads ready to go and put it into context with other available toppers.
the Stern DP Topper is £500+ delivered from P.U. I know as I bought one before making this. (my proto below for sale pm me)
The Laserific version is about £200 delivered if you don’t get hit with customs ( I did made a similar version to theirs with just logo but went on a tangent with the one below)

As for price?
I can probably supply in kit form for around £45 w/o logo (£55 with logo) this won’t include DPs head another £25 while I have some which was my cost. I grabbed a few as they seem to be going up in price as probs none coming in from China ATM.
The kit will include everything you need apart from a 12v-5v converter they are £3.50 or less delivered from eBay and the simple power plug to the spike board which I’m sure are easy to get hold of. I do have a couple but need for other stuff I’m working on ATM

I would rather sell as a kit as it’s the perfect time for you guys to do something constructive during the lockdown but my time is at a premium ATM and as I have so much on the go I would have to make it worth my while so do you guys think £149 Is unreasonable.
Please bear in mind P&P would be on top of the above at cost.

As for the SM Topper I have no head or hands and don’t want to layout £30+ on each of them as again prices are rising on stuff like this but I have seen a few go on eBay cheaper if you are inclined to snipe them.

Any constructive criticism welcome maybe it’s a nieche market but I’ve enjoyed the many, many hours designing them and happy with the outcome so far.

387401AA-BF62-415E-86E6-6930A2974128.jpeg
C0DBB229-595A-461C-9295-8C3A7607CA3D.jpeg

9D20A8FB-BBD8-4B2C-B47B-25C80290FC70.jpeg

7B94461E-C0EB-4A93-8E11-8AB8F4B0906B.jpeg

Attachments

• 8088300B-3D4A-4F9F-BD9D-3273FCE59306.jpeg
    8088300B-3D4A-4F9F-BD9D-3273FCE59306.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 11
Spiderman & Deadpool Toppers any interest?

Following on from the simpler StarWars & Indy500 toppers I have made these For a couple of forum members and although kinda prototypes which I will improve on as I go I was wondering if anyone has interest in them in either kit form or fully built.

They are based on the kids 3D Light FX deco wall lights (google em)

Before anyone asks why SM on IM well it’s just to give a little scale, I am actually after a nice SM but I’m a couple of pins over ATM and something has to give.
These are WIP and will be improved on the next version.
They do look better in the flesh BTW as lighting plays a big part in how they look and my phone don’t do them justice. I have had a few Laserific toppers and my hobbit has one but these stand out much nicer and will be half their price!

Lets take DP as an example as I have a few BNIB heads ready to go and put it into context with other available toppers.
the Stern DP Topper is £500+ delivered from P.U. I know as I bought one before making this. (my proto below for sale pm me)
The Laserific version is about £200 delivered if you don’t get hit with customs ( I did made a similar version to theirs with just logo but went on a tangent with the one below)

As for price?
I can probably supply in kit form for around £45 w/o logo (£55 with logo) this won’t include DPs head another £25 while I have some which was my cost. I grabbed a few as they seem to be going up in price as probs none coming in from China ATM.
The kit will include everything you need apart from a 12v-5v converter they are £3.50 or less delivered from eBay and the simple power plug to the spike board which I’m sure are easy to get hold of. I do have a couple but need for other stuff I’m working on ATM

I would rather sell as a kit as it’s the perfect time for you guys to do something constructive during the lockdown but my time is at a premium ATM and as I have so much on the go I would have to make it worth my while so do you guys think £149 Is unreasonable.
Please bear in mind P&P would be on top of the above at cost.

As for the SM Topper I have no head or hands and don’t want to layout £30+ on each of them as again prices are rising on stuff like this but I have seen a few go on eBay cheaper if you are inclined to snipe them.

Any constructive criticism welcome maybe it’s a nieche market but I’ve enjoyed the many, many hours designing them and happy with the outcome so far.

View attachment 109640
View attachment 109643

View attachment 109638

View attachment 109637
I really like the little fibre optic web shot from Spidey's wrists. :clap:

......Stern “sam” sound system really is terrible, Standard. Speaker upgrade essential. Been working on a plug and play active subwoofer system.That moves with the machine . Compact. This is the cheaper version without a remote volume control. The More expensive sub will have a volume control in the coin door....sounds fabulous..........
1A4EE188-CE2E-483C-9655-2D3CD9E880C6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom