Today I worked on......

Calimori

Staff member
Mar 15, 2012
Luton, UK
Alias
Calimori
On WH2O , Big Foot seemed to be a bit sluggish at turning his head and I could see from the test setting, he only went counter clock wise. After discounting this as a motor issue and seeing the optos were working I moved to the driver board and good old pin wiki.
The diode at D9 was a dead-un and the lm339 was looking a mess, probable from the C2 capacitor.
Cleaned up the mess. Changing the diode made his head turn both ways.
Socketed the board and put another lm339 in and now his head is quicker than an owls.
Forgot how much I enjoyed the fixing part.

dombutler

Registered
Jul 7, 2019
Hastings
led upgrade to my Star Trek, with an Alltek board.
I had some led's to choose from,
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200705170440264_COVER.jpg
blinky, milky and blindy.
I went with milky as I didn't fancy a fit or having to wear welding goggles.
I'm not a fan of the look of led bulbs, but it sure does fix a lot of bulb holder issues and much less strain on the old electrials.

it is hard to photograph, but you get the idea. I am hoping that the lights will distract people from noticing the trashed playfield and diy backglass that has decided to peel off ever so slightly.
MVIMG_20200705_165742.jpg

M4carp

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Alias
David
Sword mod on my lotr has annoyed me from day one, while I am working on it I decided to take it off.
Might come in handy one day 🤺
B445B218-1459-4B60-BF1C-46C6ED951581.jpeg

Reactions: ianw

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
playpinball.uk
Alias
Neil McRae
Started this today for the glass collection on Thursday.
18mm Ply all screwed and glued as you can never be too safe carrying 30 plus sheets of glass I reckon.
Got a few last things to finish off hopefully tomorrow when the glue has done it’s work.

View attachment 113357View attachment 113358
looks good Colin. just maybe give it a bit of extra space length wise; a dood built a similar box but it was off a couple of mm .

Reactions: Colywobbles

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorks.
Alias
Paul G
Is it easy to fit? I crank up SW and GOTG so don't hear it during play but between games sounds like a chainsaw inside the back box. Fu stern you cheap asses!
Yes-ish.

The only risky bit is cutting the old fan’s cable out from under some goo, which is also next to some key components. But if a ham-fisted idiot like me can do it...

• Haha
Reactions: J.C.Rox

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2016
Sunderland
www.colspinballmods.com
Alias
Colin Chapman
I’m in the same mindset as James the problem is the wife is usually louder than any measly fan due to the excessive volume I have cranked up on my pins. I’m far from deaf but just love pinball ear candy as it’s integral to the games as much as the light show IMO

So the more important question is how do I quieten down the wife while I’m playing pinball. Any help greatly appreciated.

just a thought maybe the pin monk can teach me some mantra chant thing to calm her down and enjoy my pin sounds :rofl:

Last edited:

cr5000462

Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2020
Wrexham
Alias
CR
Congo...
Started to play around with adding some trees, hippo and a gorilla to the PF,
unsure if they will be staying or not so everything dry fitted.

I'm also waiting on a silver dc3 plane to go somewhere too

Opinions?

Attachments

OP
kevlar

kevlar

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2013
Newport, South Wales
Alias
Kevin Donovan
Never understand this upgrade, always have them turned up loud!!
It's more about the noise they make when on but not being played. I like em loud too, and have external subs connected to most machines, but the whiney high pitched noise coming from R&M was enough to drive me batty ( battier? :cuckoo: )

Hullshark

Site Supporter
Sep 17, 2018
Hull, East Yorkshire
Alias
Wayne Russell

stumblor

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2018
London · Davey Price
Alias
Davey Price
Congo...
Started to play around with adding some trees, hippo and a gorilla to the PF,
unsure if they will be staying or not so everything dry fitted.

I'm also waiting on a silver dc3 plane to go somewhere too

Opinions?
Love it. Which trees did you get? I've found some of them look a bit cheap but I like these ones.

cr5000462

Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2020
Wrexham
Alias
CR
Love it. Which trees did you get? I've found some of them look a bit cheap but I like these ones.
I bought everything off Amazon,
Trees look pretty good considering they were cheap

Also the plane, but it's not here yet.
I will need to modify it by cutting the base off and attaching it to two clear tubes to get it above the pf

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: Hullshark