What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Simple but worth while AFM fix.
The Martian ‘I’ target kept leaning to the right, noticed on google images lots of AFM suffer from this.
The rivets are strong but do allow for some sideways movement.
Removed rivets and replace with M3 bolts (Amazon) - won’t budge at all now [emoji106]6aef0e4052f736e45fc9ba163eb4d373.jpg

The Martian ‘I’ target kept leaning to the right, noticed on google images lots of AFM suffer from this.
Removed rivets and replace with M3 bolts (Amazon) - won’t budge at all now [emoji106]6aef0e4052f736e45fc9ba163eb4d373.jpg
I bought and fitted the Stern version of the below on my Tron (sadly departed) and they worked a treat. Slightly easier option than drilling out the rivets:

I bought and fitted the Stern version of the below on my Tron (sadly departed) and they worked a treat. Slightly easier option than drilling out the rivets:

[/URL]

@Andydn .....notice you not used locking washers....we finish the job with this...
https://www.rapidonline.com/loctite-142567-290-high-strength-penetrating-threadlocker-10ml-87-0386
2A02BA94-2BFE-4C52-91C7-A634B2AF9767.jpeg
As on a game like Afm these targets take some serious abuse....nice job though doode!....

@Durzel those splints are “mustard”.... fantastic mod...and really do the job......nice ......

I just used two nuts on each bolt for now, if they loosen I’ll definitely get some locktite [emoji106]

The splint wouldn’t work as strangely enough I needed to give it a bit of left hand side lean for it to appear central on the playfield side. It’s been bugging me for ages, I can relax now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry hear it. Plenty of decent Pro’s around still, you’ll barely know the difference ;)
Yup, it's gone to a very good home. The twisted irony is that I sold it because I never had time to play it due to working long hours at work, but because of current events I'm working from home in the same room as my pinball machines. :confused:

Yup, it's gone to a very good home. The twisted irony is that I sold it because I never had time to play it due to working long hours at work, but because of current events I'm working from home in the same room as my pinball machines. :confused:
But you’re sitting on a decent pile of cash for something else you might fancy instead. Or you could treat me to a JP Premium. The glass is half full - you have options.

Fixed a wire off on my TNG, need to replace the mounting mech as it doesn’t lock - but it’s a three man job to get the playfield out of that monster.

Also fixed opto connections in stranger things - stern managed to cross two connectors so the wrong switches activated and label it wrong also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fixed a wire off on my TNG, need to replace the mounting mech as it doesn’t lock - but it’s a three man job to get the playfield out of that monster.

Also fixed opto connections in stranger things - stern managed to cross two connectors so the wrong switches activated and label it wrong also!

you can change the playfield hinge with the playfield in situe
You need to get to the gym I can lift the playfield out of my sttng

you can change the playfield hinge with the playfield in situe
You need to get to the gym I can lift the playfield out of my sttng

On I’m a weakling for sure :)

I’ll have a look at changing it. The problem is one side doesn’t lock so you can’t prop it up.

Thanks to Chris for the led ocd board, also got the gi board to go in CV but leave that for another day.
No more strobing, FT has fast lighting and led’s look wrong without the ocd board. Have non ghosting LED’s and seems ok, even with whatever programme is in it the difference is there to be seen. Just need to work out how to put the FT file in it with a MacBook😏
B7E2B206-EB30-4746-8CDA-40F00ECF2C41.jpeg
View attachment trim.38DE07B7-3A13-49E2-9AE4-81831E9E5D27.MOV

Changed that pesky gimli vuk switch on my lotr which seemed to only want to register on odd days of the month.

Got a different style switch based on this pinside thread - works a treat! No more stuck balls :clap: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-gimli-vuk

Also fixed a broken wire on the sword ramp made switch. Now weak hits also count (I still need to get better at that shot...)

IMG_20200422_234938.jpg

Next up will be replacing the fried Q14 transistor (bottom right flasher) on the IO board... But I'm trying to put off having to rip the whole thing out :-/

Thanks to Chris for the led ocd board, also got the gi board to go in CV but leave that for another day.
No more strobing, FT has fast lighting and led’s look wrong without the ocd board. Have non ghosting LED’s and seems ok, even with whatever programme is in it the difference is there to be seen. Just need to work out how to put the FT file in it with a MacBook😏
View attachment 105992

Looks ace!

Did you know there's 1 Led not working quite right? 3rd fish along from the left, above tale told. Looks weak white, as opposed to the blue you've used on the other 3.

Does Fish Tales feature much GI dimming? i saw it go on and off a couple times.

Looks ace!

Did you know there's 1 Led not working quite right? 3rd fish along from the left, above tale told. Looks weak white, as opposed to the blue you've used on the other 3.

Does Fish Tales feature much GI dimming? i saw it go on and off a couple times.

Yes I know about the fish I was messing with leds, need to get some bendy whites I think. Just left them in😊
Not too bothered about the GI at the moment, the inserts strobing were driving me mad. I’ve got a GI board to fit but it’s going in CV as that does a lot of dimming, inserts done already.
Will have to watch a papa video to see how much the gi dims.
Annoying when you know it doesn’t look right.

Attachments

• 20200423_132911r.jpg
    20200423_132911r.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200423_133643e.jpg
    20200423_133643e.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200423_134825r.jpg
    20200423_134825r.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200423_140116r.jpg
    20200423_140116r.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 34
Not too bad for 35 EUR decal... I have more of these.

Normally I do it with screen printing like in this thread here.... https://www.flippermarkt.de/communi...passung-schwarz-weiss-rot.214172/post-1705213 -- But with decal I can do it at home and it sticks to the surface as if it were painted on it. So, you can even see all the unevenness of the surface.

View attachment 106036

https://www.facebook.com/pg/xianek/shop/
That looks awesome! Would you have one to sell me for my JD? Pm if you do!

sun was out and my trusty old hot tub took a nose dive. not heating up properly. so decided to fit a new heating element. unfortunately that meant taking out every electrical connection to the main box, draining most of the water to get to said thermostat.

f97f5b2d299b75ff9f27c28f4a769468.jpg
it’s in the pipe under the main control box ffs

a9838decd9e98923f3db2126d8f06400.jpg
water still leaking out!! [emoji106][emoji23]

027bc71d6612cbc839a5b9777b8a627f.jpg

old one out then got the new part in and it all back together. now wait to fill up and then see if it heats up properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday was quite productive.
Fitted Shaker Motor to BM66
Took out the mini Playfield from Munsters and put on Titan flipper rubbers, cleaned the window.

Took out the swirl ramp and bowl from CFTBL and replaced the green candssanants with LEDs - alternate Green & Purple.

Replaced star posts and added Tilt side
Art

Fitted shaker Motor & Pinsound board to CFTBL - used @thewool CFTBL mix - very cool.
tied in the shaker motor to go off with Snackbar explosion, peeping Tom punches, move your car weapons/explosions. Guy banging on trunk to let him out and a whole lot more.

44573B95-D0C0-4DEC-AC4F-F98B80FE8C48.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom