What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

@Vimtoman thanks for that.
@Colywobbles can you sort me out another plastic for my machine. Ta.
@James when you get a ball traveling down from the top of the table and you get a clean hit of the flipper to the Areana ramp it can take off and hit the back of the machine. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does it's annoying.

I can send one and if it helps bung me a fiver via pp

Col

Flash!....aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. Hhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa..saviour of the universe!......Back in action! Noice!

View attachment 103453View attachment 103452

The game that separates the living from the organ bin. Just one of the best games ever made, IFPA should make it mandatory that TWD and this are in every tournament bank!

Sad though that Ming died this week max von sydow an absolutely epic actor

Is this yours Keith?

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The game that separates the living from the organ bin. Just one of the best games ever made, IFPA should make it mandatory that TWD and this are in every tournament bank!

Is this yours Keith?

Neil.

Not often id agree with Neil but he is spot on with the above comment. :p

Is this yours Keith?

Neil.

Hi Neil, @Neil McRae
Unfortunately not, a full restoration for a customer we recently finished. (It's a beautiful thing! The pictures do not tell the full story.....).
will this beauty be for sale mate

Hi Gaz, @Spandangler
No the customer absolutely loves it.........it's a beauty and plays so fast and brutal it's unreal! And completely addictive...
Cannot beat a classic Bally ss....oh no........
Have you repainted the complete cabinet and back box on the Flash Gordon ?

Hi Daz, @replicas
Yes full spray with Jeff's (pinball pimp) stencils. Had new backbox card set as well!.....
A Skateball is up next for the full restoration, for those interested!.........Luv Keef.
f58059b6-5751-48a4-8eda-83481d4ceaa1.JPG

As always I’m a few years behind most but recently set up my first Stern! The Rolling Stones! Now before you all go slating it, I’m quite a fan so I thought I’d give it a go!
654FC094-C756-4849-BAE7-4FE01A38B9C9.jpeg
I must admit I've had this a while (probably over a year?) but recent garage clear out has meant I’ve finally had the thing we all look for and it turned out I had it all along “Space” now first impressions are it doesn’t look as solid as the older Bally Williams and things look a bit cheap! But it’s probably better built than the old Sega’s? Anyway set it up and guess what turned on and worked straight away, now that doesn’t usually happen maybe things have moved on for the better? Few bits to sort but overall very pleased “that doesn’t happen very often” right after a few games what is Mick “ On a stick” all about apart from getting in the way? And what is going on! And where is all the well known Stones Classics music????
Right after a bit of reading some by our very own @Sgt GrizZ its pointed out that it’s based on being at a Rolling Stones concert (things are starting to make a bit of sense now!) and where else would Mick be other than out in front leading the band! And when on stage he runs across from one side to the other, yep that’s what he does!!!! Right he’s actually a part of the game and blocks some shots and hitting him can actually start some modes ahh right ok then, so your gonna have to learn to play! This is quite a hard game! This will/May improve my pinball game? Right there’s lots going on and it’s all about hitting this to start that and multipliers? Need more time to learn them but it’s a game that’s hard but with stuff to do!
Ok now let’s sort out that music. Think it was something to do with licensing? our Sgt talked about Pinball browser, another new thing to me, but just in case there is anyone who doesn’t know what this is, it’s a program that amongst many other things allows you to change songs on pinball machines! Wow I didn’t know such a thing was possible? Anyway I’ve actually managed to do it, and it works!!!!!
AAE8A829-E2AB-4503-BC2F-57B7A8E16706.jpeg
Wow oh Wow what a difference, I found myself unable to stop smiling and was singing away wow that’s what a music pin should do!!
still a few bits to sort, one of which is To get the back glass illuminated I changed the strip bulb, but still won’t work are these fancy bulbs or is it likely to be the starter (which seams quite strange?) and or ballast? Any pointers greatly received. So after a shaky start it’s looking great!

Last edited:
Today, I've installed a new speaker panel I designed and manufactured for my TZ. It goes well with my version of the Translite with Rod Serling smoking :) I am non-smoker though. There are some differences between the original panel and mine. Let's see if anyone can list them :)

Attachments

• 20200317_132413.jpg
    20200317_132413.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200317_132355.jpg
    20200317_132355.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200317_132338.jpg
    20200317_132338.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200317_151215.jpg
    20200317_151215.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200317_151130.jpg
    20200317_151130.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 43
Today, I've installed a new speaker panel I designed and manufactured for my TZ. It goes well with my version of the Translite with Rod Serling smoking :) I am non-smoker though. There are some differences between the original panel and mine. Let's see if anyone can list them :)
Don’t think mine is original?
0D583BDA-473B-4311-A976-ED66BF6285E5.jpeg

The pyramid should have a nice halftone but yours is either dirty or it is a scan of a dirty one. I can't tell. It's probably easier to check by looking at the back side.

The pyramid should have a nice halftone but yours is either dirty or it is a scan of a dirty one. I can't tell. It's probably easier to check by looking at the back side.
Not dirty, it looks like a bad scan. Only noticed because of you😂
Will have to join your club as there might be a few things I’m interested in👍

Today, I've installed a new speaker panel I designed and manufactured for my TZ. It goes well with my version of the Translite with Rod Serling smoking :) I am non-smoker though.
Close-up of the fag please.

I reckon Rod smoked Marlboros, or maybe Camel on weekends.

edit: he was an Oasis guy.

1584570975599.jpeg

Close-up of the fag please.

I reckon Rod smoked Marlboros, or maybe Camel on weekends.

edit: he was an Oasis guy.

View attachment 103935
Yes, he smoked like a chimney and on television. 2-3 packs a day. According to a source on Pinside (can't find it at the moment) the only reason he doesn't hold his trademark cigarette on the translite of the Twilight Zone is because that is what his wife decided, and smoking wasn't cool anymore at the time of TZ release. It is likely he died earlier due to smoking (not verified).

Here's a folder with previews of some of the translites that I did.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vfo4lrnva09hctn/AAC6M5oD23cDRFd_L-RRCW4Sa?dl=0

And attached is a preview of the translite with Rod smoking.

rod-smoking.jpg
TZ (V2B).jpg

Technicalities and cool tricks: The magenta is the black mask (the light doesn't penetrate it). The Bally logo and the copyright text is visible only when the translite is illuminated, so when your machine is switched off, you can enjoy the clean picture.

1584599583179.png
1584599638983.png
1584599670049.png

Last edited:
Could I buy this a1 poster but with Marrien and dad in the bottom corners? The crout bird was fit but not such a classic character imho!
Not sure. I've sent it to print like this. The poster is from the movie IJ and The Last Crusade. Those two characters weren't present in that movie. I have no plans to work on this anymore. The poster wasn't meant for sale. BTW: When you say "dad" do you mean Dr. Jones?

Back
Top Bottom