What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Not sure. I've sent it to print like this. The poster is from the movie IJ and The Last Crusade. Those two characters weren't present in that movie. I have no plans to work on this anymore. The poster wasn't meant for sale. BTW: When you say "dad" do you mean Dr. Jones?
Yeah, I thought you had worked from the translite and swapped them out but I see if it's from the crusade film that makes sense. Count me in for a poster then!

Yeah, I thought you had worked from the translite and swapped them out but I see if it's from the crusade film that makes sense. Count me in for a poster then!
As I said... it's not for sale. It is going to be a gift to some of my supporters. Especially the ones who like the new IJ Backglass :)

Have had a random clock error from when I bought my TZ, just stops- clock broken. When you go into clock menu it works again and all is fine for a while.
Did it last night, I broke rule no. ’don’t work on machines when drinking’ lifted playfield and started probing, back down and now a load more problems😂
Turned it off to be looked at this morning and found a wire off, maybe this was loose (I must have pulled it out) and causing problems but it’s in now and working.
Think that wire is a 12v feed. And strangely those grey/yellow wires are loose out of the loom.
736C00EB-F03A-4FEB-8243-B5AAABF8BB6F.jpeg

Wow. No posts since my last post on March 25. The poster (roll-up) actually was improved and I got it printed. The blade that was out of the frame, got put into the frame. It came out... well :) (to be modest).

Medieval Madness (Roll-up 85 x 210 cm) V1E preview 1920px.jpg
20200331_142452c.jpg

Here's a link to some of my other work is anyone is interested:

Greetings from Poland!

Got really fed up with D.I scoop- cliffy not holding well- keeps spring up On the front edge so removed it. Think it will be fine as dos t see much play (227 life games in 2yrs)

Also found out why the phone rattles.. 1 of the tiny screws that secures the front plastic moulding was inside the phone.. could only have happened in assembly at the factory

Got really fed up with D.I scoop- cliffy not holding well- keeps spring up On the front edge so removed it. Think it will be fine as dos t see much play (227 life games in 2yrs)

Also found out why the phone rattles.. 1 of the tiny screws that secures the front plastic moulding was inside the phone.. could only have happened in assembly at the factory
It’s the vibrate function Dave!
:)

Dialed in is my favourite JJP.

LOTR . One of the games we worked on this week.....Had a flipper rebuild...plays so fast that when you have a clean hit on the left ramp it airballs into the glass!!...😲......need to lower the flipper power on this baby!.....Just can not tolerate all the single double triple jackpot call outs....😜Also new spinner as always on lotr now ripping a beauty!.....best shot in the game imo..straight in that hungry ring.......(comet non-ghost 2smd, superbands , cliffy post rubbers and Titan clears....). Nooice....
3A09A3BA-9F13-4CCA-88DE-ADEE09B2B1AA.jpeg

Had a moment to look at “Mick on his stick” on the Rolling Stones he never had his backing Paper or front Clear protection removed, suspect he got replaced at some point, looks a lot better now, Found a game counter over 67,000? Is that good or bad? Probably not that high considering How hard and what a drain monster this game is!
I’ve Just moved the outlane pins in, wow this game is now playable! Still drains down the middle “More than any other game I’ve known!” but at least know There is “a chance” it won’t disappear On the outlanes! Managed to double my score highest to date a measly 12M????? Still a lot better now with the amended sound track, still looking for that sweet game, can’t get no satisfaction.........
“But you can’t always get what you want!”
“But if you try sometimes......
You get what you need!”

As a change from pinballl, thought I’d spark upthe old hot tub.
First job is to clean it out - I am no good at cleaning so Mrs. Clare was brought it!

a0a967924bfa418e71320676d0bc2cad.jpg

This thing is now in its 18th year. And unfortunately has an issue! So sides off to have a closer look

a17de592e39b68746fb3b2bcdbd14e6f.jpg
592d80b6e4ea2263fa246aa8cf4e61d0.jpg

3c9deb45ccaf3f7e60d798c8fadd53a0.jpg
the main water pump is not working. the secondary pump is and so is the air blower. Cpu starting up ok. completes its test cycle ok. So pump either blown or seized or the cpu board knackered. I can hear a noise from the pump when pump switches on and a relay in control panel clicks on too, so think pump rather than cpu.

72b60a5a5f349b4bdf9fd3d2a90c6b6b.jpg
had to take out the air blower to get to the back of the pump

20dc8f65e132d114b25621aa288a1c05.jpg

got the rear cover off so i can check it turns
ea3f69a91f4e292f3a58216c1b71a368.jpg
stiff. looks like it’s seized up over winter. when i apply power it is buzzing and gets very hot. needs some lubrication and a good shove, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a change from pinballl, thought I’d spark upthe old hot tub.
First job is to clean it out - I am no good at cleaning so Mrs. Clare was brought it!

a0a967924bfa418e71320676d0bc2cad.jpg

This thing is now in its 18th year. And unfortunately has an issue! So sides off to have a closer look

a17de592e39b68746fb3b2bcdbd14e6f.jpg
592d80b6e4ea2263fa246aa8cf4e61d0.jpg

3c9deb45ccaf3f7e60d798c8fadd53a0.jpg
the main water pump is not working. the secondary pump is and so is the air blower. Cpu starting up ok. completes its test cycle ok. So pump either blown or seized or the cpu board knackered. I can hear a noise from the pump when pump switches on and a relay in control panel clicks on too, so think pump rather than cpu.

72b60a5a5f349b4bdf9fd3d2a90c6b6b.jpg
had to take out the air blower to get to the back of the pump

20dc8f65e132d114b25621aa288a1c05.jpg

got the rear cover off so i can check it turns
ea3f69a91f4e292f3a58216c1b71a368.jpg
stiff. looks like it’s seized up over winter. when i apply power it is buzzing and gets very hot. needs some lubrication and a good shove, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck with the repair mate, I'm in mine most days and would cry if it played up now!

Another day another few jobs done on the Indy.
Today I went a little nuts and designed a fluorescent map protector which is more for bling than actual protection. Well worth the effort which took best part of the day with several prototypes before I was happy with outcome.

AE916ABB-D147-4FC0-8C2C-72E67EBA2451.jpeg

10F0BF96-D0E9-4570-98A7-D5C6966E2C7C.jpeg

951D852E-4EC5-4BB0-80BA-FDBA315A119D.jpeg

69559ACF-447A-4652-8EB3-6A46A56C8630.jpeg

This is in a sorry state I’m afraid, head is off and CPU sent out for repair, if repairable, it semi booted (I heard bongs) but damaged bad. Who DMD was DOA. Another one hopefully incoming from seller. It was dodo dead though.

A lot to do...

LEDS on order.
Flipper rebuild kit I have, needs it.
Cliffys incoming.
2 X Plastics shot to bits. Need to put order in.
Plastics will then go to @collywobbles for protector set to be
Spinning ball is being cleaned, will come up ok.
One pop needs rebuilding.
Coin toss needs stripping and cleaning.
Trough needs stripping and cleaning.
Needs new goalie (decal had one with it)
Deep PF clean.
Re rubber.
Reassemble then hopefully CPU will be back and we can see about this DMD issue.

1C4053EC-DF2C-4645-803E-510B30C58F9A.jpeg

Last edited:
This is in a sorry state I’m afraid, head is off and CPU sent out for repair, if repairable, it semi booted (I heard bongs) but damaged bad. Who DMD was DOA. Another one hopefully incoming from seller. It was dodo dead though.

A lot to do...

LEDS on order.
Flipper rebuild kit I have, needs it.
Cliffys incoming.
2 X Plastics shot to bits. Need to put order in.
Plastics will then go to @collywobbles for protector set to be
Spinning ball is being cleaned, will come up ok.
One pop needs rebuilding.
Coin toss needs stripping and cleaning.
Trough needs stripping and cleaning.
Needs new goalie (decal had one with it)
Deep PF clean.
Re rubber.
Reassemble then hopefully CPU will be back and we can see about this DMD issue.

View attachment 104933

Such a fun game though. Will all be worth it in the end!

From an emotional standpoint at least 😊

I recently got one that I just had to clean, flame polish ramps, new GI connectors and tweak and is an amazing game, better than I thought it was going to be.
I was going to led it until I saw how much it dims including the GI which really adds to the game especially when the magnet is activated, adding LED’s would spoil it unless you buy those dimming boards.
I think it looks pretty good with incandescent and saved me some money. Plus it helps warm the room😂

I know @strobey wont like this but I have to say @M4carp - I do like me some LED’s, gone superbrights too. I’ve got some real time to put into this, so hoping to get it just so. Not one for flame polishing though, doesn’t it react when you clean it or is that an urban legend?

Only reacts if you clean it with some kind of alcohol, which I would not use anyway. Flame polished my WHO2 too and saved a lot of money, from what I’ve read cleaning will not get it as clear as flame polishing.
My FT looks terrible with leds, yes nice brightness, colours etc but the fast on off looks wrong. I’ve got 10 pins with leds, half have the dimming boards.
Some pins really need those boards and feel WCS does so left it until I can get those boards which aren’t cheap☹️

Worked on my WCS, had a weak kickback and I happened to have a spare knocker complete which was virtually a straight swop, also put some rubber under the transformer that was noisy. Made it a bit quieter and not so annoying. Adjusted slingshots and bumpers.
Wife will be happy was moaning about the kickback last night, it was pathetic😂
Looks like the old one nearly caught on fire at some stage.
42C0B22E-ADAD-41B0-803D-C89563820045.jpeg

CDE9C113-4F67-43BA-BC75-54BB65FA45C7.jpeg
Cliffys will he going on this, but filled the wear on the scoops and it’s had one Novus, will give it another before wax, any slight touch up if it doesn’t fully cover wear and wax.

Bored so just adding some mods to Kiss:-
Gonna add the PU shooter lane protectors to all my pins tomorrow as I think they are Ace.
Not getting any sh*t underneath either......
Added here:
- PU shooter lane protector
-Capguns Star-child Mod protector
- Backstage Pass LED
- Gene Head Lock LED
- Moved the outlane posts — much easier now

802DBD8E-4817-4B83-A2F6-832CCDEC2F76.jpegC63F416D-40BB-4FA7-9E5A-45168AD9EC8D.jpegFD745280-9B70-4D43-B61B-40677CC8326C.jpegE730F913-C72F-47A4-A39B-78CC658E9985.jpegA27F2BA5-559E-443D-B851-B9FB28223A59.jpeg

Half way through re-painting Volcano cab and run out of paint [emoji2955]

Plastikote multi purpose enamel- probably be a few months before any stock lands so I think I'm gonna put it back together, get it running and deal with it later.24f42934bb7b3e6757aa399f5be4ef77.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom