What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

BM66 gets a little love today
I remade the Batman/boat shooter bracket as the last one looked like it was cut out of some food packing box and not only rough was opaque and diluted the candy look below it.
Also made a few Flourecent Blue protectors which looked quite nice and gave some added protection.

919EFF17-CB07-4BFA-8775-E7CCAF2EB03F.jpeg

428EF610-AF86-4BE9-B824-7030B63A79E4.jpeg

82D64F1C-F07F-4D16-A5F7-14D60C7A8F21.jpeg

DD3BB9E4-40B7-4D98-BD51-8B5D80A5E4D1.jpeg

Happy with outcome

Gave IMDN a little clean...

01afb24eeee78d5f91bc6b085c22a8d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fitted this metal bit to Star Trek today, only had it two years!

Also found a solution to the dots on LED DMDs. Comet pinball have a anti reflection glare sheet that elongates any reflection from the DMD and also makes it impassible to see the LED DMD dots.

I’m going to bring a load of these back from TPF

5a26d5eb06470b6331c545cc6a41a837.jpg

Also dropped off the armour to the powder coaters for GOTG along with the upgraded speaker panel - good connection @Gonzo and they are going to do it candy blue similar in colour to the trim around the backbox. Slightly nervous about the colour but let’s see :) LOL should get it early next week.

Cheers,
Neil.

@Neil McRae I bought one of Pinballife's versions of the the no glare display sheets and they yes make a big difference.
I'm guessing the comet ones are a polar type filter also?

They work very well but obviously don’t stop the reflection from the back glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They work very well but obviously don’t stop the reflection from the back glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but I have PDI glass. The filter is more about hiding the DMD dots that the reflection as it wasn’t that bad with PDI now you don’t see it at all.

STARWARS TOPPER knocked up this week ready and waiting for delivery of my pro.
I’ve made this to be quite generic so I can easily change the LED strips and etched Acylics to suit any pin and I’m really happy with the outcome.
Of course I‘d love the official Stern one but I’ve seen cheaper pins on here than theirs!

Few pics but TBH it looks better in the flesh

E71ED9B3-3845-4979-ADE6-5CF3BA04628C.jpeg

The generic base that spans 65in the width of most standard back boxes

5FC00E74-1CCC-42C5-9623-565F511559BB.jpeg

Easy access via top plate so you can change LED strips to any colour or even RGB

0EDDB77C-B93E-4CF6-8148-7840813A4F1E.jpeg

about f'ing time! Looks like LED to me.

I can't talk - only just installed mirror blades into my SM last week - after about 5yrs of ownership now. It took about 3 days to fit them to Metallica.
It is an LED Paul. Not sure I am keen on how deep it sits with the standard mounting brackets. Looks like I might have another custom engineering job in the pipeline. :thumbs:

Sunday and Monday I worked on some lock down bars that had collectively 122 years worth of wear between the 3 of them!

Before,
LD_1.jpg

and after progressive grades of abrasive but no polishing. They'll come up nicely without any metal polish / buffing.
LD_2.jpg

This is the result of a few mind numbing hours finishing with 3000 grade wet & dry. Could I spend longer and get more marks out? Yep, am I going to though? Nope. Close enough!

Wow, nobody has added anything since my last post...

Today, I've finished my custom Backglass project for The Machine: Bride of PIN●BOT a.k.a. BOP for the 30th anniversary (1990-2020).

BOP Translite V2E (NR, 300dpi).jpgBOP-30-glasses.jpg

Key features:
  • Professionally scanned and retouched.
  • Professional color adjustment for more vibrant colors.
  • Reduced original noise.
  • Custom galaxy background based on NASA photography used with license.
  • Heart will not be translucent as in the original, but it will flash pure red.
  • The heart was redesigned in 3D.
  • Translucent elements like on the original translite.
  • Logo redesigned in gold.
  • Williams logo redesigned in gold.
  • 30th anniversary edition (1990-2020).
  • Jackpot numbers have added depth and are recolored.
  • Some use of black mask, but very little.
  • The Backglass is designed to be illuminated by super bright LEDs.
  • New lettering in the lower right.
  • If I make it, each one will have its own number between 1 and 30. That's it.
  • 690 x 480 x 4 mm tempered glass only.
  • No need for side plastics, the sides will be printed as black mask (1 cm on the left, 1 cm on the right)
30th anniversary BOP visit xianek.eu for details.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never had an airball off of that ramp. Have you got it set at right pitch? Weird how some games play different to others.

I’ve never had an airball off of that ramp. Have you got it set at right pitch? Weird how some games play different to others.

@replicas Just played a few games and it works.
Had two right orbits on the trot and then up the right ramp really fast.
Ball exited that section really nice and smooth.

That shot would be crashing the glass and flying about .

@James I had pitched them higher in the past but now stick to standard.

@Vimtoman thanks for that.
@Colywobbles can you sort me out another plastic for my machine. Ta.
@James when you get a ball traveling down from the top of the table and you get a clean hit of the flipper to the Areana ramp it can take off and hit the back of the machine. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does it's annoying.

Was getting mad air balls off the ramp and into the wooden back panel, flipper has red coil instead of more powerful blue and still too powerful. Adjusted EOS to close earlier, still too much. Had a spare air ball plastic from my IJ captive ball that has solved the problem until I can work out what’s going on!
4CE47B5F-7507-49F9-B3B5-6A9935062FE3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom