What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Titan aren't bad for shipping, have ordered twice from them, both times arrived relatively quickly and shipping cost wasn't that bad

OK troops.. Flippers on today and play testing ! I think I'm finally done with the playfield on this - had a full strip, clean, lots of horrible bits replaced. Comet LEDs. This was dead and sad when I got it ...now it makes me smile :)

Custom bumper cap decals and transparent red skirts. Big thanks to @Matt Adams for riveting the new Falcon plastic, and for various other bits and help. :thumbs:

Still some work to tidy cab hardware etc.

Photos cos I know you love em

P1090019.JPGP1090020.JPGP1090022.JPGP1090025.JPGP1090026.JPGP1090027.JPGP1090035.JPGP1090037.JPGP1090040.JPG

Last edited:
Too many projects at the moment! The recent Jungle Lord pick has been stripped and cleaned, last coat of wax is drying and then it’s back together before a trip to The Legends to sort some electrical gremlins.

IMG_0001.jpg

The TZ is all ready to go back together. I’ve got boxes full of shiny metal and new parts, just need the time to fit them [emoji16]

IMG_0004.jpg

Torpedo Alley is mostly stripped top side but still loads of cleaning to do on this one. That last wire form is a bastard to get out!

IMG_0003.jpg

Also need to get the monitor chassis out of Outrun so it can be posted off for repair. Not looking forward to this as the last time I messed about with the game it gave me a nice mains voltage zap!

IMG_0005.jpg

I need to stop buying projects for a while [emoji16]

Well I (finally) worked up the courage to get cracking on the Creech playfield. Have a look at the state of er:

Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? Other than swearing everytime I snap a rusted hex screw (up to about 10 now - they're for the dremel) I'm really enjoying myself. Looking forward to having the playfield clear so I can see what it looks like underneath all that muck.

Just a reminder of where it all began:

She will rise again, to scare the bajeesus out of unsuspecting ladies in nightshifts who are frequenting ponds at odd hours.

New trough opto boards arrived today and work a treat, much better than original. Homepin boards.

Attachments

• D063A1FE-78AF-4AEC-AB49-1F91F7FDD8AB.jpeg
    D063A1FE-78AF-4AEC-AB49-1F91F7FDD8AB.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 30
Too many projects at the moment! The recent Jungle Lord pick has been stripped and cleaned, last coat of wax is drying and then it’s back together before a trip to The Legends to sort some electrical gremlins.

View attachment 85404

The TZ is all ready to go back together. I’ve got boxes full of shiny metal and new parts, just need the time to fit them [emoji16]

View attachment 85405

Torpedo Alley is mostly stripped top side but still loads of cleaning to do on this one. That last wire form is a bastard to get out!

View attachment 85406

Also need to get the monitor chassis out of Outrun so it can be posted off for repair. Not looking forward to this as the last time I messed about with the game it gave me a nice mains voltage zap!

View attachment 85407

Brilliant. I thought you had been quiet recently Chris. Obviously busy [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

View attachment 85404

View attachment 85405

View attachment 85406

View attachment 85407

Thought i was busy and had to many projects. Keep up the good work Chris.

A342178C-41E2-40BF-9D69-E37758D06BA7.jpegB252D451-1FE6-4C25-B052-ADA6BB1A64B0.jpeg

Not pinball but sizing the screen on the wooden plinth for this, just need to sort so it runs into hyperspin now not its other emulator and so I can perform a shutdown, but need as USB keyboard.

Creature from the Damp Saloon - playfield clear 😅

All the pencil arrows and blue stickers are broken screws. It's been a lot of work to get it to this point - let's just say I totally underestimated the level of ballache that rusted components would add. Never again!

I did get a nice surprise the other day when clearing the playfield though:

Not sure how rare they are on a creech, but always nice to see!

Creature from the Damp Saloon - playfield clear [emoji28]

View attachment 85920

View attachment 85921

All the pencil arrows and blue stickers are broken screws. It's been a lot of work to get it to this point - let's just say I totally underestimated the level of ballache that rusted components would add. Never again!

I did get a nice surprise the other day when clearing the playfield though:

View attachment 85919

Not sure how rare they are on a creech, but always nice to see!
All Williams games of the DMD era are Diamond Plate. I think after a while they just stopped bothering to print the fact.

They began trialing it on late Sys 11 / alpha numeric WPC - so small numbers of Rollergames, Whirly, Funhouse, Bride etc were clearcoated.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

If you want to throw that playfield in the bin I have a nice one coming up later in the year plus complete plastic set all ramps lagoon window and lots of other parts

Thanks Chris give me a shout when it's ready to go and we'll see what state mine is in!

Replaced some ramp switches that had been bent to work way too many times☺ While I was there decided to fit some mods I got from Vimtoman, bottled out of messing my bracket up for the van so just cut a slot in the bottom and it sits on the bracket. May fit a light inside at a later date. Also added the skip mod but after a few games took the picture frame out that has a pic of a man with moose antlers, weird looking bloke was freaking me out🤫

Attachments

• B25CF355-77C9-4FD7-B336-C38A08E30115.jpeg
    B25CF355-77C9-4FD7-B336-C38A08E30115.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Jungle Lord back together. Came out pretty nice for one of these!

de50c558c6dfd704e69e5e0fb0662da9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just having a look through this thread and I think that might be my old Jungle Lord :)

To the right of the "6" bonus insert is there a little bit of brown background above the black that is a slightly different shade to the rest?

Turned on my TAF the other night and nothing totally dead, blew the 5a fuse in the switch box. Checked the plug fuse and that was 13a so changed that to 5a. Tried again but this time plug fuse went. Pulled transformer plug off and still blew fuse. Cut the varistor off still blowing.
Ordered a new emi filter, varistor and thermistor.
Just fitted it and all good again, good service as usual from pin parts

Ever since I got my mustang pro I always felt the playfield was slightly warped side to side, i.e. no amount of levelling could fix it. Anyone who has played with me quite a few times will know nothing ****s me off more than a machine that's not level, if a machine isn't level I constantly blame it for my poor play 🤣. Back to this Mustang, if a ball is bouncing around above the the top of either sling it was a battle to nudge it back into the playfield away from the magnetic outlanes. I finally cut a straight piece of plastic to length recently to lay across the playfield and confirmed it was infact warped, only about 3mm but enough that I can see it in the ball movement. @robotgreg even mentioned the greedy outlanes at my league meet. So today I bought and screwed a piece of angle iron to the underside and it's flat now. No longer can I blame the machine for my **** play :rofl:

IMG_20190619_122857559.jpg

Today I’ve been working on a Ghostbuster AirBall plastic Mod

I was sent a rough template and the 1st mock-up is hot out of the laser done on card
Back off to get checked for size and shape then if all good it will be available should anyone else need one doing

image.jpg

Worked on my Bally Atlantis today. This has been my longest "keeper" and has been used in League, Welsh Classic and Cup, plus a Daventry appearance.
Seems like to me that when you've had a pin for so long, that you somehow conviently forget to keep up with the routine jobs. Could be just me....

Back
Top Bottom