What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

This thread should be a sticky @Paul - such a good thread.

My artblades arrived from @PeteB - I’ve always been sceptical of these as a mod, I thought they were made of much lesser material and thought the price was too much for what you get - when the opportunity to try some out at the clearance price for IMDN I thought why not. How wrong about these I was.

The material quality is exceptional, a really nice finish and a robust product, installation with some G clamps is easy enough and the results are cracking, TWD - will be getting some for my birthday, 100% - thanks @PeteB - great product and highly reccomended.

6D96B39E-267F-43F1-A88D-C673A9675EB5.jpeg

B708B7B0-3202-4D42-8932-F308C1826A54.jpegCDDE963B-260C-4AAA-B258-B0BF3C4B8B18.jpeg

My artblades arrived from @PeteB - I’ve always been sceptical of these as a mod, I thought they were made of much lesser material and thought the price was too much for what you get - when the opportunity to try some out at the clearance price for IMDN I thought why not. How wrong about these I was.

The material quality is exceptional, a really nice finish and a robust product, installation with some G clamps is easy enough and the results are cracking, TWD - will be getting some for my birthday, 100% - thanks @PeteB - great product and highly reccomended.

View attachment 83939

View attachment 83940View attachment 83941
I agree. Stickied [emoji16]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

View attachment 83939

View attachment 83940View attachment 83941

They’re not all that exceptional! Pete B’s are a cut above the rest.

Thanks for the kind words and sharing your photos. I do try my best to make good stuff.

It's the first time I've seen these ones installed and to be quite honest, it looks like they were always mean't to be there. Very pleased with that.

Not pinball but... old CRT out, tested, some software tweaks but all good and new screen will be fitted this week subject to sourcing...

521F08D2-D737-4954-8109-00AA61143216.jpeg

Going modern - I can't be asked with those CRT's I took one out as it wasnt working, I don't like the high power element lol

I put the old one up on UKVAC, someone has PM'd but apparently is a bit dodge, if anyone here wants and I know you to be sound, I'd prefer that tbh, I can send from work cheaply and well packaged.

Going modern - I can't be asked with those CRT's I took one out as it wasnt working, I don't like the high power element lol

I put the old one up on UKVAC, someone has PM'd but apparently is a bit dodge, if anyone here wants and I know you to be sound, I'd prefer that tbh, I can send from work cheaply and well packaged.
I could be interested. What size is it?

About this by that...

It's a TATUNG Type 58 so I think 19" from a Google but I haven't measured @Sgt GrizZ - I know the fat end of F all about CRT's and I don't particularly want to get into them to be honest, so it'll be posted at cost of postage in good faith as I have done nothing with it, nor shall I beyond decharging the caps to make it safe to take the flyback off.

Of course if you want it @Sgt GrizZ - it's yours, I don't particularly want to get into UKVAC politics, I am there for a good time, not a long time.

Yes, it may be an old gazebo suspending 6 sheets of ripstop scaffolding sheeting, but it's the beginning of my collapsible positive pressure painting booth. I may actually get to finish one of my machines this year and not have the wife after me for covering the house in paint dust.
IMG_20190512_193444130_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190512_193046523.jpg

Last edited:
Added a TV to my TAF today.. officially finished with the mods now, feels like I'm gilding the lily already...

A2DDDBCA-EF37-499C-9603-16477CF8BA8F.jpeg

9C4675E6-ADD8-4BA6-BB32-FC2F532E28A2.jpeg

Not totally convinced about where I've installed it, but not a great many options on TAF.

Put some LEDs where they should go in TWD and tried superbands, not convinced right now will let them settle and try again..

2A56DEB7-94D1-46FD-98BA-2E280EBDF2E2.jpeg6448AA90-C79D-4E0B-88D0-617527354938.jpeg

And a household fuse to boot.
Always worth checking your fuses when you buy a different game.
You dont want to fry your boards from someone elses error.

And a household fuse to boot.
Always worth checking your fuses when you buy a different game.
You dont want to fry your boards from someone elses error.
This was on the latest arrival. Yes - always a good idea to do a check. This one was blindingly obvious but worth checking spec of all.

Back
Top Bottom