What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
I bought some of these standup target splints from Mezel mods for those troublesome targets that won't stay straight, leaning out making a tight shot even tighter. Fitted one to the 'U' target on my Tron that's always moving to the right making the Quorra shot harder to hit. Fitted another to the right hand standup on ACDC that makes the right orbit shot tighter when its not straight. A bit fiddly to fit but once you've done one it gets easier. They seem to do the job but time will tell. They sell 2 types, 1 piece like the one below to fit targets as shown, and 2 piece for the larger targets.

20180331_162858.jpg 20180331_161128.jpg 20180331_161204.jpg 20180331_163114.jpg

I also fitted some protectors to Dialed in, not sure I like how they darkened the flipper area but I'll get used to it...

20180331_161750.jpg

Some target decals...

20180331_161755.jpg

and finally got around to installing the node board kits to Ghostbusters...

20180331_161939.jpg

Not really a “good Friday” managed to break the shower in the en suite too hefty handed trying to stop a leak!, but hey there’s always the family bathroom until “you know it leaks?” No I didn’t so started a strip down and managed to shatter one of the glass side panels!!!!!!!
So both bathrooms without a shower!! Turns out the ensuites shower is discontinued? And everyone’s off for the Easter weekend so can’t get a piece of glass for the family bathroom, so manly not been working on the bathrooms unless you count going backwards?
Lots of pinball stuff to do but got to get family hygiene sorted first “Should have gone away for the weekend would have been cheaper and less stressful!!”
In the dog house again!

A Gottlieb,I swear they sense a "bank holiday"and thus make you figure out why sounds arevscrewed and take up time finding out issue, a lamp drive line missing.Replaced all pins that drive sounds from same connector,naturally fau lt was from a lamp driver that's actually a sound driver that had a snapped pin arrrggggh

Last edited:
Should have Kev. They look pretty good. The new Iron Maiden LE Cab with all the foil decals, mirrored back glass and stuff.. should have been on the SWLE.

With LEs now at £10,800 this has got to be a minimum now :eek:

Almost more or less finished blinging up the IM VE I acquired in March.

Quite the list of mods on it now.

Colour dmd
Gold mirror blades
Interactive backglass
Upgraded and lit pop caps
Upgraded sound/speakers
Candy red powder coat on legs/trim
Metal lit apron and logo
2 new bots Inc IronMan
Whiplash figure with lit whip
Blue flash on pops
Red flash on iron monger
Yellow neon convolux protectors
Comet leds & flashers
Flasher top vinyls
Lit speakers and vinyls
Shaker (red tremor)
Led ocd led control pcb
Topper (tilt topper)
Gold flipper buttons
Under cab lighting
Thumb lock
UV spotlights
Painted Ironmonger
Target decals
Gold plunger rod
Gold detail on coin box
Gold bolts on legs

CB3A4020-0F34-4C3E-9D9F-FDA108165BAA.jpeg
7C85ED56-2164-461A-A7CA-3B03E5C2E4A1.jpeg 04B13DCF-520E-4BA9-BB8B-B2D1C053289D.jpeg 48EE227E-3DFC-41C6-8C27-48D6D06C103C.jpeg 5E92E9D6-7309-4050-A451-B8C0CF3AD8DC.jpeg

Attachments

• B1948943-997D-4CA1-9E6D-EE490EB21118.jpeg
    B1948943-997D-4CA1-9E6D-EE490EB21118.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 93383DC6-AF9E-4151-BAEE-271722CDEE10.jpeg
    93383DC6-AF9E-4151-BAEE-271722CDEE10.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 84AAF7C8-DBAE-4286-8BEE-7C80DA181D2C.jpeg
    84AAF7C8-DBAE-4286-8BEE-7C80DA181D2C.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 21
  • 42D2F8DD-CBED-44B8-9310-DDF3F7F9C26E.jpeg
    42D2F8DD-CBED-44B8-9310-DDF3F7F9C26E.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 91B2BAE5-C0E2-4E05-BB08-E9665AA5F066.jpeg
    91B2BAE5-C0E2-4E05-BB08-E9665AA5F066.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Should have Kev. They look pretty good. The new Iron Maiden LE Cab with all the foil decals, mirrored back glass and stuff.. should have been on the SWLE.

With LEs now at £10,800 this has got to be a minimum now :eek:
Well, buying an LE is like buying a new car now.
Similar price and the moment you open the box £2k instantly disappears:rolleyes:

This looks great. I seriously love playing Iron Man.

Have you changed the setting to ensure your LED OCD is driving the original's correct (incandescent) lightshow? there's quite a bit of work gone in since v1.8 code to enable this:
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/game-code/iron-man-vault-edition/1672/ironmanreadme819.pdf

It's currently set to Leds so I'll try that. Game looks good as is though, but worth a flick of the switch.

I like Iron Man because it's fast, tough (although fairer since I moved the outlanes).

It's a game that's about the scoring not the modes/completion (for me at least) and it's challenge to get a high score and has a simple ruleset.

I've still not made the default high scores, which is 25million to get on there, I've done 22-23m. Maybe I'm just rubbish :)

I think I'm running v1.8 (current is 1.83 VE) and I'm waiting for an eprom for U9 so I can change the rom to one of the ones thats had music edits.

Last edited:
It's one of the hardest games to get the GC on, which from memory is 75m?

Classic, brutal game - enjoy:)

Similar to TWD, AC/DC and possibly TNA?

It's currently set to Leds so I'll try that. Game looks good as is though, but worth a flick of the switch.

I like Iron Man because it's fast, tough (although fairer since I moved the outlanes).

It's a game that's about the scoring not the modes/completion (for me at least) and it's challenge to get a high score and has a simple ruleset.

I've still not made the default high scores, which is 25million to get on there, I've done 22-23m. Maybe I'm just rubbish :)

I think I'm running v1.8 (current is 1.83 VE) and I'm waiting for an eprom for U9 so I can change the rom to one of the ones thats had music edits.

My Grand champ is around 120million i think, which was a game where everything 'just came together' during our summer BBQ - double scoring on the Do or Die hurry-up for 70 of that, and all after several beers! My next best is about 55million, mostly sober and actually trying.

Watch the Whiplash multiball lighting effects in both lighting modes to see if there's much difference.

It's one of the hardest games to get the GC on, which from memory is 75m?

Classic, brutal game - enjoy:)

Similar to TWD, AC/DC and possibly TNA?

Yeah it's 75m. I am just scraping maybe the 25m #4 score at the minute.

I found TWD wasn't so bad once you were in the 'zone' with it, but theres tons of ways to score very high in it.

With the outlanes adjusted its not nearly as tough and brutal, but still hard to get high scores.

It's addictive though, as I find tough games are. It's why I really like TAF and TZ, both can be very mean.

My Grand champ is around 120million i think, which was a game where everything 'just came together' during our summer BBQ - double scoring on the Do or Die hurry-up for 70 of that, and all after several beers! My next best is about 55million, mostly sober and actually trying.

Watch the Whiplash multiball lighting effects in both lighting modes to see if there's much difference.

Will do. Thats some score though :)

on this type of game SM/IM/TWD tilt is important - whats your tilt at!

I worked on alien to day trying to deal with a loss of power to coils. What a total f**k up of a machine. There is no chance in hell these will be working in 10 years time. Hell 10 months time. All of the boards for the game are in the bottom cabinet so to change a fuse, glass off, balls out, playfield up, 4 screws to remove plastic cover, 4 more for another one... The complexity of the system underneath is nuts... even the fuses are 20x5... the glass top is huge and scary!

09-apo-2017.jpg

Installed the Total Lightshow mod into Met Pro last night, including the optional inlanes. Great mod, but those inlane bulbs are a bugger to do as you have to remove the flippers and mech to access the bulbs beneath. Once it was all done I replaced, meticulously aligned & tightened up the flippers, glass back on etc, then played my 1st game:

E95F4241-7009-4104-8733-F0A19028AFD4.jpeg

Should’ve tightened those flippers even harder.

Still got to the 1st Crank it Up though!

A great aesthetic mod - the flow of the Pro with Premium lighting. Can’t go wrong.

I got the backbox GI working in my Junkyard today. Had a totally destoryed connector on my Power Driver board so replaced that and reflowed solder on all the connectors while at it and got my GI back!

I worked on alien to day trying to deal with a loss of power to coils. What a total f**k up of a machine. There is no chance in hell these will be working in 10 years time. Hell 10 months time. All of the boards for the game are in the bottom cabinet so to change a fuse, glass off, balls out, playfield up, 4 screws to remove plastic cover, 4 more for another one... The complexity of the system underneath is nuts... even the fuses are 20x5... the glass top is huge and scary!

View attachment 62767
Utter junk I am afraid bud.

We had Full Throttle in Tilt and it lasted about a day, before something else failing.

A week before it went out I found a few power connectors that were burning out already as they arent big enough to carry the current to the coils in my opinion.

Thank goodness I stopped working for that company!

It is a shame - Helmut and Dave Saunders are amazingly talented people.

Added LED-OCD to the nice looking TRON which I got the other day, in addition to great neon convolux (left side orange, right yellow) and colordmd. Waiting for speaker inserts before I light those up along with the connections to hook it up to the polk sub woofer.

Began the makeover for the TAF I bought off Ebay, it plays lovely but someone with abject colour blindness has been on the leds. Replacing stuff to make it tidy (especially pop bumpers) and re-adding quality GI. Along with colordmd, led-ocd, mirrors, a few cab touch ups and such. It will look and play great finally.

Got to add the red-led eye aliens to AFMr SE tomorrow along with Convolux and re-power some of the extras in my STNG (whilst it's here, it may be getting traded).

That TAF as it was.. yuk
BF1F9DD3-A2C7-4474-A9E7-6D7687EE572E.jpeg

Lovely tron getting more love..
B964632D-6685-4423-AF86-7AD820530BAD.jpeg 52213B99-0F88-4B06-B77A-D3C25EB23D9F.jpeg 0B4C5F4C-EAA5-4889-82D2-25C48D5B2BD7.jpeg E69D77C7-5A2D-4C45-9D3D-124CFFA39959.jpeg FE3EEB8E-8C65-4E9B-ADFB-325B95A4C9C3.jpeg

C38975D5-DEC6-49B4-B533-24BF722E0D75.jpeg

The ignition on my bike has burnt out :(

£250 for a new one so I’m going to be doing some creative rewiring instead!

7AF7BB3E-CAC0-4DE2-B43E-8DAF7C3BDAA1.jpeg

Installed the Total Lightshow mod into Met Pro last night, including the optional inlanes. Great mod, but those inlane bulbs are a bugger to do as you have to remove the flippers and mech to access the bulbs beneath. Once it was all done I replaced, meticulously aligned & tightened up the flippers, glass back on etc, then played my 1st game:

View attachment 62768

A great aesthetic mod - the flow of the Pro with Premium lighting. Can’t go wrong.
I didn't do the inlanes (the rest was straightforward though). Spinners going on next weekend. Worth doing the inlanes in your opinion? Presumably there is no wiring provided for this?

View attachment 62768

This needs to happen for TWD !

Pffft. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom