What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

I didn't do the inlanes (the rest was straightforward though). Spinners going on next weekend. Worth doing the inlanes in your opinion? Presumably there is no wiring provided for this?
I think they complete the Premium R-B-W lighting look, which includes coloured bulbs in the inlanes, so absolutely yes.

Mike sells the extra cables for $14 on request. It’s just an extra 2 reds & 2 blues. 1 of the existing whites remains, although I changed it for a frosted bulb (like the rest of the GI). It’s a pig to do as you have to remove the entire flipper mech, remove some fishpaper and then undo some terrible Stern labourer handiwork where they’ve soldered staples to bulbs and generally been less than neat.

Decided against the spinners.

EDIT:
Forgot to say i also added these inlane guides to accommodate the extra LED:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=535-9990-01
If you're going to do something, do it properly. :cool:

Last edited:
Continued refurbing my "new" or should I say latest TAF. Chrome rails, lock bar, new chrome legs. Led OCD added and some clean-ups. Waiting for chance to get some non reflective glass on it. But it's looking nice and plays great too.

I've got an EOS error on a flipper and whilst it doesn't affect the game at all, it's annoying. I've had a couple of looks for wires off and I imagine it's a bad contact/break in the black wires on the EOS switches since I have continuity on the orange wires across all 4 EOS.

I've got some more mods & lighting to add, but I'll do that later on and move onto the other machines, spent quite a bit of time on TAF this week. Work colleague loves it so was keen to get it up to par whilst he was off this week.

Last edited:
Well yesterday . Put my new Indiana Jones into the line-up after a few tweaks . Moved demo-man to a mate’s (two doors removed) , took his getaway to my holiday home (I know - first world probs) where it won’t fit in my mancave owing to topper so had to swap with shadow in the house (one door removed) and take that down bottom of garden instead . Wife jumped in and got us to similarly swap around some bedroom furniture . The words ‘what’s the point of swapping one dressing table for another’ didn’t make it as far as my lips as even I saw the hypocrisy in that . My mate said I’ve gone soft .
Today I’m gonna play some pinball

Gameroom 2.0 well on the way. Will fit 7/8 pins rather than the 14 as was - I can hear the protestations now, but its kept my spending reasonable at least until the house is extended.

TAF now running fine, EOS problem found by Barry (pinsinthewild) loose wire at the connector in the back box, whereas I'd been scouring under the playfield.

TAF plays great and all tweaks more or less done until a replacement 3 terminal lamp holder arrives, plus some light mods.

Just waiting for my twilight Zone to arrive and make 6 pins in the room and then squeeze a Theatre of Magic in, which I'm refurbing (am doing a total restoration of my other TOM). I don't need two, so am sure one of them will be up for sale later on, no idea on price or anything yet. Both have had considerable money thrown at them.

Going to put a ColorDMD in AC/DC I think.

It's a very good CDMD and very nice pixel art. One of those things I *HAVE* to do on all mine, only one so far a little disappointed in is Iron Man, lazy & silly movie AVI's that don't translate well to dots and fairly unimaginative dot-art in general. Fortunately the game is good - brutal but good.

It's a very good CDMD and very nice pixel art. One of those things I *HAVE* to do on all mine, only one so far a little disappointed in is Iron Man, lazy & silly movie AVI's that don't translate well to dots and fairly unimaginative dot-art in general. Fortunately the game is good - brutal but good.
Transformers isn’t a very good ColorDMD experience. In fact I am taking it out of Transformers to put in AC/DC.
Spider-Man is pretty crappy too.

Spider-Man is pretty crappy too.
Totally agree, but I think that’s down to the source material the CDMD chaps had to work with, rather than doing a ‘bad job’. SM was the first the use the extended memory available on their newer hardware, so no small undertaking.

Metallica is my favourite by a wide margin, including TWD.

Totally agree, but I think that’s down to the source material the CDMD chaps had to work with, rather than doing a ‘bad job’. SM was the first the use the extended memory available on their newer hardware, so no small undertaking.

LOTR, Addams, AFM, STNG and many more are great. Film licenses generally aren’t great and likely the license offers little or no artistic license.

Hi Paul, I'm going to do my Met pro in colour, can you advise me on led vs LCD? What have you got and where from? Cheers

Hi Paul, I'm going to do my Met pro in colour, can you advise me on led vs LCD? What have you got and where from? Cheers

Howdy,

It’s probably a personal opinion thing, but I much prefer the LCD displays over LED, and set it to DotsXL. Bought from Pinball Palace with the metal backbox standoff kit and clear display. Probably a nudge over £400, but a really good upgrade for Metallica.

Howdy,

It’s probably a personal opinion thing, but I much prefer the LCD displays over LED, and set it to DotsXL. Bought from Pinball Palace with the metal backbox standoff kit and clear display. Probably a nudge over £400, but a really good upgrade for Metallica.
Thanks mate I'll look into it, cheers

Put a spare Colordmd in Shrek today, waiting for code coming this week :)

Since they brought the LED display out thats all I've bought, its bright and looks more pinball than the LCD. The other mods on the LCD are a bit turd polishing for my liking :D

Neil.

Howdy,

Finally got around to installing the LCD ColorDMD in my Star Trek Pro. All worked fine, instructions very easy to follow. ROM update simple to carry out, worked first time.
IMG_9974.JPG

Very easy to remove the old display - two cables and 6 nuts.
IMG_9969.JPG

I had the digital inclinator out and levelled all the tables and adjusted the pitch. All needed some messing, much easier to do it for 5/6 tables than 14 lol

I've got the Powerfield out for some new rubbers, a clean-up, minor repairs and new LED bulbs:

img_9965-1-jpg.63420

img_9966-1-jpg.63421

note i relocated the screw for the Yellow 500k insert to let the LED line-up more centrally.

Tend to write "WW" for White White or "SL" for Sunlight on the white bulbs i get from Comet, otherwise it can get messy...

Anyway, cleaned-up the grey rubber switch covers, added a new little clip and was putting it all back together when:
img_9964-1-jpg.63414

FECK!!!!!!!!!!
i was really gentle too...

Back
Top Bottom