What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Not strictly pinball but built a touch screen wall mounted computer for iscored

Attachments

• 52E62466-6F14-44B5-B0B5-E037F5BA24D6.jpeg
    52E62466-6F14-44B5-B0B5-E037F5BA24D6.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 59
Not strictly pinball but built a touch screen wall mounted computer for iscored

@Neil McRae ,

Iscored
Does the lifetime access cover everyone that lists a score on one device ?
What I mean is the access per pc or per player ?

If I put something like that up in our soon to be launched pin club will all members be able to use it for the $20 cost ?

Cheers
Ian

It’s per database so you have a list of games that are common, you can login on multiple devices. So my big screens display the table and the touch screen displays and is used to enter the scores.

Today sorted broken switch on CFTBL,
Took ramps off cleaned underneath
Changed 3 pop bumper bulbs to LED- pain in the **** to get to!
Changed most of the Flashers to LED,
Changed G.I to LED
Put a few colour LEDs in the backbox

Seeing my 4yr old Spell FILM- priceless!
60626CDA-7C8D-464C-88C1-F256388AA71E.jpeg204F7E99-DDDC-4DDC-809A-F7384B749655.jpeg4CB47AAD-FA23-4BE8-80CD-0A7CA23ACFA5.jpeg

Attachments

• 449FF106-5BA8-4698-862E-66798502E199.jpeg
    449FF106-5BA8-4698-862E-66798502E199.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 16
Install them, then remove then again!? Or buy another set. TAF needs them both if you LED it. You could get away with just the LEDOCD board in TZ, if pushed.

They're easily removable.
If, hypothetically, I'd bought a TAF that - I presume at this point - has non-ghosting bulbs (they don't ghost in a video of the machine), then would I be better off buying a whole new LED kit of "normal" bulbs if I fitted my LED and GI OCD kit to it? I know it works with non-ghosting bulbs, but is the difference really noticeable? I'm not sure I like the idea of the brightness ramp on the bulbs starting at ~40%.

(not technically a "Today I worked on" post, soz)

I bought some of these standup target splints from Mezel mods for those troublesome targets that won't stay straight, leaning out making a tight shot even tighter. Fitted one to the 'U' target on my Tron that's always moving to the right making the Quorra shot harder to hit. Fitted another to the right hand standup on ACDC that makes the right orbit shot tighter when its not straight. A bit fiddly to fit but once you've done one it gets easier. They seem to do the job but time will tell. They sell 2 types, 1 piece like the one below to fit targets as shown, and 2 piece for the larger targets.

View attachment 62094View attachment 62092View attachment 62093

Some target decals.../QUOTE]

How are these holding up Kev? Could do with one for the orb standup target on Iron maiden which is now hiding behind one of the up posts, but don't particularly want to order just a single unit from the US. if they're not guaranteed to do the job.

How are these holding up Kev? Could do with one for the orb standup target on Iron maiden which is now hiding behind one of the up posts, but don't particularly want to order just a single unit from the US. if they're not guaranteed to do the job

If, hypothetically, I'd bought a TAF that - I presume at this point - has non-ghosting bulbs (they don't ghost in a video of the machine), then would I be better off buying a whole new LED kit of "normal" bulbs if I fitted my LED and GI OCD kit to it? I know it works with non-ghosting bulbs, but is the difference really noticeable? I'm not sure I like the idea of the brightness ramp on the bulbs starting at ~40%.

(not technically a "Today I worked on" post, soz)

I've never used one with anti-ghosting bulbs, so honestly couldn't say.

My ethos: if you're going to do it, do it right. If not, sell the OCD boards and save yourself a bundle of time, money and energy, but also accept it's not going to be optimum.

(forgiven)

I've never used one with anti-ghosting bulbs, so honestly couldn't say.

My ethos: if you're going to do it, do it right. If not, sell the OCD boards and save yourself a bundle of time, money and energy, but also accept it's not going to be optimum.

(forgiven)
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Definitely going to use both boards, since they've been sat there for months and can't put them in my TZ without getting the driver board fixed (GI dimming doesn't work). Was hoping to avoid the extra expense since it already has LEDs :(

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Definitely going to use both boards, since they've been sat there for months and can't put them in my TZ without getting the driver board fixed (GI dimming doesn't work). Was hoping to avoid the extra expense since it already has LEDs :(

TAF definitely need GI OCD if using LEDs - you'll lose lots of key effects. More so than TZ.

How are these holding up Kev? Could do with one for the orb standup target on Iron maiden which is now hiding behind one of the up posts, but don't particularly want to order just a single unit from the US. if they're not guaranteed to do the job
They're holding up well Wayne, work perfectly. Neil brought them back for me after collecting my order from a show.

Nice!

I was just thinking today that KISS might be my favourite game of all time. Hope the new code makes it even better:)

Today we delivered an rfm back to a customer...did it fit in my mk1 crv........just!
T'was a close call!..........these are a right pig to transport! Please pay particular attention to the cpu spillage...eek!
Never noticed this until we arrived at our destination. Thought we had covered everything...note to self do not deliver a pinball after a pub Sunday roast and a brew dog elvis juice! (I was not the driver....).
IMG_3464.JPG

So today I've got a ColorDMD, FF speakers and Gold ROMs to fit to my newly acquired Addams. Paid for everything to get delivered by this weekend as it's the only time I can do it.

It hasn't started well..

F707AF23-042A-490A-A5CF-D6F4E57CF611.jpeg

That's the old CPU ROM. Was very careful levering them off so as not to touch the board but obviously not careful enough. Not the end of the world since the Gold ROMs were going in anyway.

Put the new ROMs in, switched on and was greeted by a loud buzzing noise, no display.

Upon further inspection two of the three chips I'd pushed in to the sockets only had one set of pins in the socket holes and the other side bent over the edge of the socket.

Cue me spending at least 30 minutes surgically bending the pins back into position so I could put them in again as there was no way back now due to the broken OEM chip. A job that should've taken about 10 minutes took over an hour, and I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack.

Game working now though.

:(

Haha. I find it very difficult not to put my own stamp on a pin. I bought a minty TAF recently and since then have spent almost £1k on top of what I paid just on things that are ultimately completely superfluous. I'm not quite as hardcore as @Spadge (it's tough to beat the King) or @Kelauce / @bethamari or others on here, but I'm getting there.

I really like the look of that Hook though. You have good taste :)

where did you actually get the mini translites Kev?
Ministry of pinball Kev. Look in merchandise.

A lot are out of stock atm, I'm planning on buying more when they come back in, have the frames ready.

I actually severely cut back on the number of leds used compared to the photo I posted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom