What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

I fitted a New Trunk to my TOM today.
I was told about these indestructible trunks for the TOM a chap on Facebook.
I new he was trusted so I sent the money F/F and it arrived from overseas with no tax to pay yesterday, less than a week. The quality and fitting is just brilliant.
I know he has 2 left if you want one 220 Euros with postage which is pricey you may say but it wont chip on the 1st game play.

Attachments

• IMG-20230804-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20230804-WA0009.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20230805-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20230805-WA0003.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 12
That's the small version. You can get the larger version - but I imagine there's other options out there.

I have a bunch of similar small boxes. However, mine are labelled with my terrible handwriting.

We’re busily working on getting five machines in clean, full working order by Saturday for London and SE League.

The Creature LCD screen still isn’t up and running, as (someone else) blew up the first one, but the machine is currently getting a full strip down and clean as part of the process of replacing a broken ramp.

C5D10115-78CD-4329-8E64-052A3A4EF6D6.jpeg

After a lot of messing about (including @Dave Bishop kindly rescuing me with a new post 🌟 ), I’ve given our Creech a spruce up.
  • New left ramp
  • Snackbar mod
  • Pink/transparent Titan rubbers
  • @Colywobbles pink/purple plastic protectors
  • Cadillac mod
  • Thorough clean
  • Low-reflective glass
And it’s now ready for London & SE League on Saturday!

25BB6EE5-514A-4C0A-976A-5F74DE9AA869.jpeg

Last edited:
Recently acquired a very Dirty Harry! Not so dirty now though😮‍💨

One of the playfield pivots is missing a part so that explains the wooden rails that were in the bottom of the cabinet, so it’s been fun lifting the playfield up and down.

A lot more to do than I thought, loads of parts ordered. Flipper rebuild kits, rubbers, connectors, gun loom, targets, coil sleeves etc etc

Nearly smashed the playfield getting the magnet core out as it was so mushroomed but luckily managed to screw it up and out, make my day punk situation!

Full led and Afterglow being fitted as well to relieve the connectors 🔥

It did actually all work, going to take my time on this as want it all spot on.
8EC64E54-87E5-494D-979F-939A6541BFEF.jpeg

Attachments

• E4DF458F-8DB2-49EE-9446-7DEC64228503.jpeg
    E4DF458F-8DB2-49EE-9446-7DEC64228503.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2628B4F2-F624-44A8-807A-C58FA710E782.jpeg
    2628B4F2-F624-44A8-807A-C58FA710E782.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 9
  • E07D46AD-368F-4416-867D-EA5B96C46C82.jpeg
    E07D46AD-368F-4416-867D-EA5B96C46C82.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 9
You probably all ready ordered em but if you need any plastic targets then shout and ill print some of for ya as i had to replace some on mine.

I recently finished a full shop on the one i bought at xmas (been meaning to post a mini shop log but havnt found the time)

The ramps on this one are a bit of a pain!!

You probably all ready ordered em but if you need any plastic targets then shout and ill print some of for ya as i had to replace some on mine.

I recently finished a full shop on the one i bought at xmas (been meaning to post a mini shop log but havnt found the time)

The ramps on this one are a bit of a pain!!
Thanks for the offer mate but I bought a couple of complete targets as one was broken (common one) and a spare plus a set of decals.
Yeah I was cursing it tearing it down!

A lot more to this pin than you first think.

Been dreading doing this. mylar removal on my bally fireball II.

The mylar had badly bubbled up on many of the lamp inserts. It was awful and affected gameplay.

After some research & so trials on other sticky labels etc., I decided to use this:
IMG_6969.jpeg

It stinks, but seemed to work pretty well
IMG_6967.jpeg

IMG_6968.jpeg
The odd bit of paint loss in 2 or 3 places, but overall pretty good. Playfield needs a good clean and polish once I’ve finished.

I’m now hallucinating like billy-o due to the fumes 🤣🤣

Been dreading doing this. mylar removal on my bally fireball II.

The mylar had badly bubbled up on many of the lamp inserts. It was awful and affected gameplay.

After some research & so trials on other sticky labels etc., I decided to use this:
View attachment 228940

It stinks, but seemed to work pretty well
View attachment 228939

View attachment 228941
The odd bit of paint loss in 2 or 3 places, but overall pretty good. Playfield needs a good clean and polish once I’ve finished.

I’m now hallucinating like billy-o due to the fumes 🤣🤣
You tried the freeze method? That worked a charm for me.

Freeze method not good on older games in my experience (works great on cleared playfields, so early 90's onwards) :thumbs: Heat method and glue removal with something like Alan has used above seems to cause less damager to EM and SS playfields.
Agree Freeze worked a charm on diamond plate or clear coat playfields but my Funhouse not so good, it left all the glue behind that took hours to remove.

Fitted new board pins and connectors to j115 and j120, even though it had been changed to molex they still burnt out. Back to IDC and full LED’s.
Looks like it’s had all the big caps and voltage regulator changed recently due the the jumpers, need to hot glue the caps as a bit loose.
New menu switches fitted as volume/down didn’t work which was pretty annoying after it was turned up! (switch kaput)
Ramps cleaned and flame polished.
Playfield sliding mech fixed was missing the pivot nut so put a new bolt in as well. Sooo annoying when you get a pin like this.
Somebody sprayed black paint around the edges of the whole cab so removed most of that🤷‍♂️

Keg run out so had to pick one up today as well, priority job🍻

Also how to have fun with a parking warden😂 (not me)
F7F5C742-E3C1-4D5D-ACF4-8432BFF83C4A.jpeg

Attachments

• ADE93A69-38E9-4E11-8976-FF4AC5DEBDFF.jpeg
    ADE93A69-38E9-4E11-8976-FF4AC5DEBDFF.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom