What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Great news and support from Phil @ PH, new node board due today :)

Edit, now arrived !!

you got damp or something in your venue? I've had one failure on the second hand GOT I bought that gets hammered at the club, over 2092 plays in last few months. But that number of failures seems nuts.

Just wondering if my rural power is an issue
Mine has been 243v lately, noticed my flipper power was up. Had to turn MMR down a notch, never caused any issues.
Actually my oven packed in halfway through a roast last Sunday and I’m waiting for a new one to arrive today 🤔
Things are working harder (hotter/brighter) with higher voltage, not good with the cost of electricity.

Cols protectors in clear & art blades fitted to Elvira.
Metallica back box had a paint touch up, refitted & fitted new mirror blades (messed up my last set)
All looking sexy 👍
View attachment 155636View attachment 155639View attachment 155637View attachment 155638
Good job there mate.
Wish I had taken playfield out of my GnR.
I have been lucky with mirror and art blades on Sterns.
Got myself the last set of official poster GnR art blades off James.
Totally screwed the left side. Raised the playfield during install when I thought I had clearance and almost chopped it in half 🤦‍♂️. All creased…. lol..
Although wasn't laughing at the time.
I guess JJP art blade install a bit different from Stern lol..

Good job there mate.
Wish I had taken playfield out of my GnR.
I have been lucky with mirror and art blades on Sterns.
Got myself the last set of official poster GnR art blades off James.
Totally screwed the left side. Raised the playfield during install when I thought I had clearance and almost chopped it in half 🤦‍♂️. All creased…. lol..
Although wasn't laughing at the time.
I guess JJP art blade install a bit different from Stern lol..
I won’t fit them now without using side blade protectors, art blades are easy without removing the playfield, takes me 10 mins now.
The mirror blades were a bit different, would have been silly not to remove playfield, the ‘reveal’ once playfield was back in and I removed the protectors was very satisfying 👍
One thing I have noticed is the official Stern art blades are way superior quality than any others I’ve used.

I’ve always put mirror blades in with the playfield in and had no issues, 3 pieces of masking tape to hold in position, put the hinge bolt on first and then use a bradawl to start the hole and put screws in.
I personally prefer not taking playfield in and out as to me that poses far more of a risk but personal choice.
Needless to say I do the same method with side art too.
I did have a set of side blade protectors but I didn’t get on with them, good to have an option tho

I’m not that daft, playfield was out & back box all disconnected. Refitted backbox, checked that nothing was touching cabinet then powered on 👍
yeah it was just wierd seeing it on outside the cabinet - I also take playfield out to do blades.

yeah it was just wierd seeing it on outside the cabinet - I also take playfield out to do blades.
The support brackets are surprisingly deep (that’s how it was resting against the cabinet) - playfield was a good 10inchs away from the cabinet.

It’s easy to remove the playfield on a modern spike game to fit the blades although you can do it without
It won’t be that easy to remove the playfield in gnr lots of wires and very heavy that’s why I fit mirror blades on mine
I have never removed a playfield to fit mirror blades

Yeah, I’ve had good success on Sterns with Mirrors blades and art blades leaving PF in place.

Think I just got complacent with the JJP.
After I screwed my left art blade on my GnR.
I figured a way of installing the right successfully without taking the playfield out and without messing around too much.
This would be easier with two peeps but:
I pulled the playfield forward most position.
I got the art blade in position at the rear, started removing the backer from adhesive blade. Install/line up as best you can as the PF will still block your install route.
You can then lift/raise the rear of the playfield off the runners. It sort of pivots above the cab enough to allow you to have enough clearance to install the blade without the PF being in the way.
As I said, would be easier with two, but I managed to do ok on my own.

Now hopefully waiting on JJP sorting me out with a replacement left blade, cause it’s trashed 🙄

Just fitting a playfield protector on HS before the art wears off as it’s looking like it will wear quick now, waiting on a few bits to arrive before it all goes back together.
Really easy to do this one, should look good when done🤞
Those foldable catering tables are a god send and cheap.
F9EEDFBE-6621-477B-8F21-604E6476E1E3.jpeg

Finished this yesterday, few new bits with sunlight leds in the GI only inserts still incandescents. Playfield protector works well in this one, ball rolls nicely now.
Just having issues with the traffic light, the red is iffy so will need to look at that again.
Great game😎
85662651-178E-45E4-AAF3-F3709269F9AB.jpeg

Another day another idea this time from @Andydn. Some hinge bling and coindoor plaque for EHOH.

C4F0A1ED-45DA-4FA1-B9C7-61EECED18A50.jpeg

Plaque £10 and hinges £25 as they a ton of work to inlay.
These come with power grip tape fitted to them so once they on you may have to break to remove so line em up perfect first time.

Nice work @Colywobbles

How about a classic Bally Coin door Plaque: ??

View attachment 157543
Really tricky due to colour combinations on the laminates TBH.
It’s took me a year to source Red on Black so I can finally get a few designs tried out.
It’s about £15 more a sheet due to the exclusivity of the stuff.
Some of the colours needed on that design are not available at all so I could do it but it would be a custom coloured one.

Really tricky due to colour combinations on the laminates TBH.
It’s took me a year to source Red on Black so I can finally get a few designs tried out.
It’s about £15 more a sheet due to the exclusivity of the stuff.
Some of the colours needed on that design are not available at all so I could do it but it would be a custom coloured one.
I meant the metal plaque at the bottom of your pic, not a coloured one

Back
Top Bottom