What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TMNTs leaks apparently

Yeah apologies, its £1500 each per ball! the theme sucks but it looks like it shoots lovely from the video.

Hard part is deciding what is going and I got R&M arriving sometime in the next decade too.

Neil.

I wish I was in a position to get an LE. I feel the opposite way about the theme and yeah the game looks brilliant!

Yeah apologies, its £1500 each per ball! the theme sucks but it looks like it shoots lovely from the video.

Hard part is deciding what is going and I got R&M arriving sometime in the next decade too.

Neil.

I still can’t understand why people buy games when they dont like the theme. It’s just weird to me. Spending all that cash and the art, graphics, sounds, speech is in your face with a theme you hate??

I still can’t understand why people buy games when they dont like the theme. It’s just weird to me. Flame coat on. Spending all that cash and the art, graphics, sounds, speech is in your face with a theme you hate??

Because the gameplay is great? WoF and WPT are the crappiest themes, yet the games are really good

I still can’t understand why people buy games when they dont like the theme. It’s just weird to me. Spending all that cash and the art, graphics, sounds, speech is in your face with a theme you hate??

gameplay is the most important thing for me. I absolutely hate Iron Maiden but the game is brilliant.

Same here, quite mixed on the theme point. THE SHADOW is an awful theme but I can get over that because the shots and rules/code make it an awesome game. But I just cannot get past TMNT. It looks like a really great game to shoot but I just cannot have that machine in my house, cowabunga and Shredder etc NO, NO, NO.

I've bought Pins where I'm indifferent to the theme but I'd never buy a Pin with a theme I hate.

It might be different if I had more money/space than I knew what to do with 💰🔥.

If I hated the theme....it just wouldn't get through the door.
To me it’s like putting a poster on your bedroom wall... of say Bros....... It’s there in your face! Not just visual but audio. The whole thing is an integrated experience.
But different strokes for different folks I guess 👍

To me it’s like putting a poster on your bedroom wall... of say Bros....... It’s there in your face! Not just visual but audio. The whole thing is an integrated experience.

listen, you carrying out self abuse to bros in your den of inequity is a bit different to a room full of games with a few themes you aren't so keen on.

listen, you carrying out self abuse to bros in your den of inequity is a bit different to a room full of games with a few themes you aren't so keen on.
I’d accept themes that were a bit meh......
I couldn't resort to owning themes I hate.
Hate is a pretty strong feeling.

I don't like Tron Legacy. Think it's a terrible movie. Love the pin though and have it in my collection.

I don't like Tron Legacy. Think it's a terrible movie. Love the pin though and have it in my collection.
I wasn’t a massive fan of the film. The story is nonsense and doesn’t stand up to the most basic scrutiny. Soundtrack is epic though, and it elevated the game (which is already good).

I too don’t understand the mentality of buying pins (LEs no less) for themes I don’t like. Is it some sort of my-newest-pin-isn’t-new-enough withdrawal effect or something? Must... have.. whatever Stern does next.

The whole game hangs off the theme. Hell if you’re just interested in buttery shots and ramps and such I dare say you could make your own whitewood and just reconfigure an existing game.

Stranger Things took a lot of flack. Essentially putting it down to the build quality of the machine, balls getting stuck and posts jamming and parts breaking. That theme does nothing for me and neither does the look of the machine. Light show on it looks pretty darn good though.

I seriously considered buying a BKSOR prem/le when it was 1st announced as I loved BK2K but all the negativity around the launch put me off buying one! That was until I played it at Tilt and actually loved it. What I can’t understand is why it got so much Flack in the 1st place maybe it was the missing PF on the pro tarnished the whole trio who knows.
I even wonder sometimes if the nay sayers have even played one as it had me looking for an LE on the back of all this negativity which I did and I now own. Now its my goto pin and everyone who has played it has been blown away too. It just goes to show one mans meat and all that.
Although I usually say for me theme is king there are far too many exceptions to this rule , if you like the way a pin shoots thats What really counts in the end. I’m not a fan of WOZ but love how it plays.

What’s worse actually is a great theme in a turd of a game. Twilight Zone, munsters, guardians, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I personally can’t get past a theme that annoys me.

It’s not too bad if it’s based on a film that tanked. for example does anyone really think about the theme for The Shadow or is it just a great game with an interesting set of ramp diverters? Twister is a mediocre game about the weather. Godzilla is a game about a big dinosaur thingy. Congo is some nonsense about a gorilla and a volcano presumably.

LCDs have really emphasised the theme compared to animated dots. I dislike GOG intensely. I saw 2 mins of the 2nd film and that was enough for me to know I had zero interest in a talking baby tree. As a result I can’t get excited at all over the game. Similarly I utterly loathed the camp 60s/70s Batman tv show growing up and this has carried over onto the game.

I love WCS as a game. Take the exact same game but build it with an LCD and I wouldn’t consider giving it room in my house. It wouldn’t matter in the slightest who the team was in the video, my hatred of professional footballers would kill my interest in playing it. i can only imagine how much some other people would hate the game if it had footage of a rival team to their own.

Stranger Things took a lot of flack. Essentially putting it down to the build quality of the machine, balls getting stuck and posts jamming and parts breaking. That theme does nothing for me and neither does the look of the machine. Light show on it looks pretty darn good though.

it was released with poor code and the first 100 pro did have issues with the up post and wire gate but these where sorted quickly by stern
I have done a few small tweaks on my le both actually this and Elvira and I am very happy with both
Stern never learn from this they should have held release back a month or so and it would have been spot on as if you played this in the early days then it wouldn’t have been a good first impression
I do find it kind of sad that it gets a hiding on pin side then people just seem to follow on like sheep without even playing it there are only 2 I know in the wild in the uk both pro and a few le in private use so I imagine not many people in the uk have played it
With the Elvira non in the wild and about 5 in private collection s so again I bet not many people have played it but everyone thinks it’s great
Oh and the uv kit on stranger things should have been standard on all models I mean what the hell the wireing is in the main harness even the playfield is dimpled for mounting the control board

What’s worse actually is a great theme in a turd of a game. Twilight Zone, munsters, guardians, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hate to break it to you but saying tz is a turd just doesn’t hold water. It’s long being acknowledged as one of the best games ever made, period. When that came out in 1993, it pushed the bench mark seriously high

I played Stranger things at Chief when he first got it, I travelled 200 miles to get there but I did go to see my parents and take them for a coffee😂
Anyway I was disappointed, only put a few games on it before I had enough. Just didn’t do it for me, need to try it again maybe.
TZ is in another league compared to that and most games.

Back
Top Bottom